Who are possible coaching candidates?

westcoastdevfan

My opinion would be for a younger, < 60, guy to grow with the young players. That being said someone like a DeBoer, Gordon, who has coached Zach at the Olympics i believe, or a MacTavish would be decent options!

Devils Fan For Life, Death To Leafs Nation! :horse:

:gd:

Can someone explain to me all the hype around DeBoer ? I have nothing against the guy but I would also like to know why so many people want him so I can make my opinion about the guy.

I've looked at his record with the Panthers and I don't really see anything impressive in the NHL. I know he was coaching the Panthers and that they fire sold the whole team this season but apart from that 93 points season (still missed the playoffs) I don't really see anything.

His junior and Minor league records looks a lot more impressive but choosing him as coach while only looking at his Junior and Minor leagues record would be like choosing a rookie coach...something most of the people here don't really want right ?

Also what the heck is going on with his PP :unsure: The 3 seasons he coached he had an abysmal PP

Aside from what you mentioned about Florida's sell of, i think the only reason he was fired in Florida is Dave Tallon wants his own guy, some assistant coach in Chicago is the most likely candidate!

His PP again, aside from the lack of true talent, was run for the most part by his assistant, a guy who was the assistant coach for 7 yrs in Columbus.

I really don't care who comes in to coach this team so long as he isn't a dinosaur with prehistoric ways.

Devils Fan For Life, Death To Leafs Nation :horse:

:gd:

My vote is for Scott Gordon, nice aggressive fore check a la Sutter, and not one Islanders player had a bad thing to say about him when he was fired.

The problem with Gordon is that Capuano was able to get more out of the same team. Not sure if Gordon is the guy, nor DeBoer.

I would love a defensive genius like Tampa's Guy Boucher to turn this franchise around.

The problem with Gordon is that Capuano was able to get more out of the same team. Not sure if Gordon is the guy, nor DeBoer.I would love a defensive genius like Tampa's Guy Boucher to turn this franchise around.

Lots of guys here (the forum) were dying to see him behind our bench but we ended up with JMac :evilcry: