Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Par9

music thread

81 posts in this topic

I'm big lately into Manchester Orchestra and Volbeat. Two totally different styles, lol, but those are the two bands I've been playing most on my ipod lately.

If you haven't heard Volbeat, look up "sad man's tongue" on youtube. They're a danish band, a mix between johnny cash-esque vocals and 'tallica music.

The DMB Caravan was the best weekend of my life...

Bands I took a particular interest in:

The Head and the Heart

Grace Potter and the Noctournals

Warren Haynes Band

Fitz and the Tantrums

Ray Lamontagne

Thievery Corporation

Guster

Alberta Cross

and of course three full DMB concerts and also a Dave and Tim Reynolds acoustic set.

The DMB Caravan was the best weekend of my life...

Bands I took a particular interest in:

The Head and the Heart

Grace Potter and the Noctournals

Warren Haynes Band

Fitz and the Tantrums

Ray Lamontagne

Thievery Corporation

Guster

Alberta Cross

and of course three full DMB concerts and also a Dave and Tim Reynolds acoustic set.

NJdevil26, a good friend of mine saw Thievery Corporation last weekend and said they were great. They're not my cup of tea, but the artist who opened for them, Raphael Saadiq, is. He used to be in Tony Toni Tone. OLD SCHOOL, BABY! :D

Edited by Jerrydevil

Better then the Original

Edited by BelieveinBrodeur

I don't care how old it is, how many times it's been seen, or whatever... I still think it's crazy...

I don't care how old it is, how many times it's been seen, or whatever... I still think it's crazy...

Yodeling in rock music? I say a resounding yes! Agreed, it's crazy ... And awesome.

Not sure if there's anybody else out there who enjoys harmony driven folk music, but if so, you must check out the new album by Fleet Foxes. Even better than their debut, as impossible as that sounds

Also, if you enjoyed that, then give this a spin. The artist is Niall Connolly, a local NYC folk musician who is pretty damn amazing and will actually sit and have a drink with you after one of his shows. Good fella, great song.

Also, if you enjoyed that, then give this a spin. The artist is Niall Connolly, a local NYC folk musician who is pretty damn amazing and will actually sit and have a drink with you after one of his shows. Good fella, great song.

You never cease to amaze with your musical taste, Bulletproof. I discovered this same song for myself maybe three days ago and have been playing it non-stop.

I absolutely love the The National reference in the song, naturally.

my friend showed me this yesterday, I like it. I can't help but feel like he stole the lyrics from something else, though. Hmm.

Edited by Martyisth3b3st

You never cease to amaze with your musical taste, Bulletproof. I discovered this same song for myself maybe three days ago and have been playing it non-stop.

I absolutely love the The National reference in the song, naturally.

Wow, how's that for random! It's funny, Niall is almost a friend of mine. He was the best man at my very good friends wedding and we got introduced that way. Actually saw him at a bar this past Friday playing to a room of 15 people who could've cared less, me being the only one there who was there to see him. He plays gigs all over NYC pretty regularly, usually just him and his guitar but when he gets together with a band, it's usually amazing. Definately worth checking out live and if you ever go to one of his bigger shows, I'll probably be there! In fact, I'm planning on playing a song of his on my podcast tonight, so it's really ironic somebody has heard of him, let alone enjoy his work!

Wow, how's that for random! It's funny, Niall is almost a friend of mine. He was the best man at my very good friends wedding and we got introduced that way. Actually saw him at a bar this past Friday playing to a room of 15 people who could've cared less, me being the only one there who was there to see him. He plays gigs all over NYC pretty regularly, usually just him and his guitar but when he gets together with a band, it's usually amazing. Definately worth checking out live and if you ever go to one of his bigger shows, I'll probably be there! In fact, I'm planning on playing a song of his on my podcast tonight, so it's really ironic somebody has heard of him, let alone enjoy his work!

Hah, that's pretty awesome. I really have to check out more of his stuff. I literally only know the song you posted, because someone on a National forum a frequent posted it because of the lyric. But I do really like that song. I'll definitely try to check out a show later in the summer.

Sick song by a guy who's going to be huge.

I seriously can't stop listening to this groups channel... so brilliant... taking pop videos and syncing new lyrics to the song in a hilarious way

also suggest Black Umbrella from them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MufJJ9Yj8Mw

double post... uhh

GO MUSIC!

Edited by Microwavepizza

Anyone else a diehard RHCP fan?

New single out today, Adventures of Raindance Maggie. It's...different, but not too bad. Excited as hell for the new album

I feel like a lot of people will like this song. I love it, they're one of my more anticipated bands at Lollapalooza in two weeks:

Has anyone heard Blink's new song 'Up All Night'? I like it, but it definitely isn't blink-182. If this is the new direction they're taking, I'll still support them (I'm a fan, not a critic), but I'll silently twiddle my thumbs and listen to Dude Ranch.

Has anyone heard Blink's new song 'Up All Night'? I like it, but it definitely isn't blink-182. If this is the new direction they're taking, I'll still support them (I'm a fan, not a critic), but I'll silently twiddle my thumbs and listen to Dude Ranch.

can't expect a band to sound the same for 15 years... music matures as the band does... considering where they were with Take Off Your Pants and Untitled... this is a natural step

i liked the song, but im more of a hard rock/metal guy, Dude Ranch got annoying for me, i liked Enema of the State, TOYPAJ and Untitled much more

can't expect a band to sound the same for 15 years... music matures as the band does... considering where they were with Take Off Your Pants and Untitled... this is a natural step

i liked the song, but im more of a hard rock/metal guy, Dude Ranch got annoying for me, i liked Enema of the State, TOYPAJ and Untitled much more

It's taking a step towards the odd unfitting psychadela Tom tried with Angels. Honestly, this was an Angels and Airwaves song featuring Mark. I'm really hoping the rest of the album sounds a lot more Enema than We Don't Need to Whisper

well find out im sure when we see them live next week... can't wait... that show starts a full week off down the store with tons of alcohol, gonna be a great show

then im seeing The Damned Things (Fall Out Boy Guitarst & Drummer, Both Anthrax Guitarists and Singer + Bassist from Everytime I Die) in the City... love that band

crazy summer of shows

Spent yesterday covering Warped Tour for the Patch. Got to take photos/videos at the stage of Less Than Jake, River City Extension, August Burns Red, and Black Veil Brides. Pretty cool - RCE are the only band of the four that I really like, but I got some damn good pictures at least.

What the hell happened to Unwritten Law? They were playing on some stage in the back for like 40 people tops. I used to love those guys ten years ago, do kids these days just really not give a crap about anything that isn't growling obnoxious vocals and stupid song titles?

Spent yesterday covering Warped Tour for the Patch. Got to take photos/videos at the stage of Less Than Jake, River City Extension, August Burns Red, and Black Veil Brides. Pretty cool - RCE are the only band of the four that I really like, but I got some damn good pictures at least.

What the hell happened to Unwritten Law? They were playing on some stage in the back for like 40 people tops. I used to love those guys ten years ago, do kids these days just really not give a crap about anything that isn't growling obnoxious vocals and stupid song titles?

Damn you. LTJ is one of my favorite bands. They are alot of fun in concert.

Damn you. LTJ is one of my favorite bands. They are alot of fun in concert.

They were cool. I actually interviewed Chris, but we couldn't use any of it because it's a family website. :lol: