Sign in to follow this  
MadDog2020

Devils on the Rise

That was pretty terrible. Out of all the history that this team has, that was what they showed. :angry:

All the classic playoff clips they could have shown, and they showed that awful Oiler game. fvck you MSG!

Ah what could you expect. It's MSG. It'd be like YES doing a documentary on the Mets.

Ah what could you expect. It's MSG. It'd be like YES doing a documentary on the Mets.

Yeah, except YES doesn't also broadcast Met games. :P

I've always said to my siblings and friends who are Devils fans that the Devils should flip off MSG when their contract is up with them and go to the YES Network. And whatever games that won't be aired on the YES Network when baseball season starts, put on the NHL Network. Or vice versa for Yankee games and whatever the MLB channel is called. I think the Devils and the YES Network can work something out.

Yankees had a piece of the Devils at one point. When YES started up, I was praying they would be shown on their, but it didn't happen. Doubt they ever will. MSG owns the rights to ALL NY area teams, including the Sabres.

Mike

Sabres games are hardly ever shown on the MSG channels though, unless I'm mistaken. I remember being able to watch a Sabres game on NHL Gamecenter once, although I'm not sure if it was just a once in a while broadcast. Normally games shown on MSG are blacked out on there.

All Sabres games get blacked out in the NYC/NJ metro area, just like the Rangers, Devils and Isles get blacked out in Rochester and Buffalo. MSG and MSG Plus carry all four teams in the remainder of NY state.

Friend of mine gave me a late xmas gift of an old video of the first 10 years of Devils Hockey. Loved it. had highlights of the first game, first goal scored, the 'Hawks game, talked about the players that were important to the teams history like Chico, Verbeek, Johnny Mac, Burke, Mulder, etc. The video I watched sounds like it was worlds ahead of the MSG special. I still want to see it though, but wont break my neck looking for it.

Mike