DevilinLA

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBJ prepares to buyout Commodore:

Aportzline Aaron Portzline

by TSNBobMcKenzie

No surprise. #CBJ have informed D Mike Commodore he will be put on waivers Thursday w purpose of buying out final two years on contract.

Commodore is interesting. At one time he was the darling in Columbus and now pariah.Devilin LA: Any word on the Nashville players that maybe UFA's? Anyone decent in that lot?

Bob McKenzie

NHLPA contends S Kostitsyn, Halischuk, Spaling, Cal O'Reilly and three players in minors did not receive QOs in timely fashion.

S.Kostitsyn looks like the most interesting guy in this list.

Edit: Anyone have an idea of how much a guy like Anton Babchuk would be asking for ?

Edited by SS-SS

Bob McKenzie

NHLPA contends S Kostitsyn, Halischuk, Spaling, Cal O'Reilly and three players in minors did not receive QOs in timely fashion.

S.Kostitsyn looks like the most interesting guy in this list.

Edit: Anyone have an idea of how much a guy like Anton Babchuk would be asking for ?

Kostisyn is interesting, but I think he will be asking more than what is is worth.

Anton Babchuk reminds me of every GM's love affair with Oleg Tverdovsky. Everyone seems to love his potential, and in this case his shot from the point and his size, but he doesn't seem to have what it takes to stay anywhere. Chicago, Carolina, Calgary all jettisoned him after a brief stint. He has only had one year where that potential appeared to be coming to the surface.

so i didnt get an answer for my question...

is anyone here knows exactly how those contract talks actually goes between agents and GMs... cause again i simply dont understand why its taking so long to re-sign Zach if they started to talk awhile ago

they sit together... propose stuff... agree on some disagree on others... look at the cap situation for the next few years... explain their long-term plans... how much he can afford on him this season... other players that he's planning on resigning... then try to find the right contract for everyone...

i would understand if it would be dealing for Green... it could be like "well we havent signed our most important player yet and were not sure about how much its gonna cost so you'd have to wait and see"

but Zach IS the MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER that we cant afford to lose so why is it taking so damn long

i could seriously just play "Gms and Agents" with a buddy and try to recreate a contract talks and i could imagine us done and running out of thing to say after about 45 minutes tops... so why on hell is it dragging so LONGGGGGGGGGG, theres no excuses anymore, the cap is set, the draft is done and don't give me that "backup goalie and coach" excuse now

im trying to be relax but i just can't its pissing me off SO BAD how Lou is always waiting last minute for everything, "he has a lot on his plate" ? oh well yeah obviously thats whats happening to anyone waiting last minute all the time, its terrible for the fans and i wouldnt like to be Parise, Greene or any Devils players waiting for a sign right now.

There's probably stuff that i dont know like if Lou assured Zach that he's planning on signing him but that he had other stuff to do first or wtv at the draft. I just don't want Zach to take it the way most fans are right now.

so i didnt get an answer for my question...

is anyone here knows exactly how those contract talks actually goes between agents and GMs... cause again i simply dont understand why its taking so long to re-sign Zach if they started to talk awhile ago

they sit together... propose stuff... agree on some disagree on others... look at the cap situation for the next few years... explain their long-term plans... how much he can afford on him this season... other players that he's planning on resigning... then try to find the right contract for everyone...

i would understand if it would be dealing for Green... it could be like "well we havent signed our most important player yet and were not sure about how much its gonna cost so you'd have to wait and see"

but Zach IS the MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER that we cant afford to lose so why is it taking so damn long

i could seriously just play "Gms and Agents" with a buddy and try to recreate a contract talks and i could imagine us done and running out of thing to say after about 45 minutes tops... so why on hell is it dragging so LONGGGGGGGGGG, theres no excuses anymore, the cap is set, the draft is done and don't give me that "backup goalie and coach" excuse now

im trying to be relax but i just can't its pissing me off SO BAD how Lou is always waiting last minute for everything, "he has a lot on his plate" ? oh well yeah obviously thats whats happening to anyone waiting last minute all the time, its terrible for the fans and i wouldnt like to be Parise, Greene or any Devils players waiting for a sign right now.

There's probably stuff that i dont know like if Lou assured Zach that he's planning on signing him but that he had other stuff to do first or wtv at the draft. I just don't want Zach to take it the way most fans are right now.

I can't stop staring at your freaky avatar.

Sabres official Twitter reporting they have traded the negotiating rights to Steve Montador to Chicago for a pick.

I'm gonna go ahead and purely speculate that Pegula and Regier talked to Ehrhoff as soon as their trade was official and they're confident he'll sign up there.

If true, their defense will be solid next year with Regher, Leopold, Myers and Ehrhoff. Weber should be the 5th defender up there and Gragnani/Sekera splitting time for 6. [Advantage Gragnani after how abysmal Sekera's 2nd half was]

This surely isn't your uncle's Buffalo Sabres WOW.

This move is interesting, because my fear is that Ehrhoff's performance in the playoffs was troublesome, but if he signs with Buffalo, Ruff's system should allow Ehrhoff to flourish and be close to the 50 points he scored this past season with the Canucks.

Plus the Sabres will need to lock up Myers long term soon, so I would say at this point provided Ehrhoff signs, they are out of the Brad Richards sweepstakes, which is just fine by me.

Good point about Gragnani, he has to have a clear edge over Sekera at this point, and I'm a BIG Weber fan.

This is the first time, maybe ever, that as a Sabres fan I am TRULY excited about tomorrow. Generally its a day to reflect on players lost, and watch the rivals get better.

No more. Pegula means bu$ine$$!

RUMOR UPDATE:

To give some perspective to what Erhoff might be looking for:

Kyper: isles offered 6 yrs 33 mil for Ehrhoff

Per realkyper on Twitter

Thought they would go for six mil per but i guess not

Or it could be that no one wants to go sign with the Islanders no matter how much money they throw at a player.

RUMOR UPDATE:

To give some perspective to what Erhoff might be looking for:

Kyper: isles offered 6 yrs 33 mil for Ehrhoff

Per realkyper on Twitter

Thought they would go for six mil per but i guess not

Wow i sure hope the Sabres do not go much further then that.

This surely isn't your uncle's Buffalo Sabres WOW.

This move is interesting, because my fear is that Ehrhoff's performance in the playoffs was troublesome, but if he signs with Buffalo, Ruff's system should allow Ehrhoff to flourish and be close to the 50 points he scored this past season with the Canucks.

Plus the Sabres will need to lock up Myers long term soon, so I would say at this point provided Ehrhoff signs, they are out of the Brad Richards sweepstakes, which is just fine by me.

Good point about Gragnani, he has to have a clear edge over Sekera at this point, and I'm a BIG Weber fan.

This is the first time, maybe ever, that as a Sabres fan I am TRULY excited about tomorrow. Generally its a day to reflect on players lost, and watch the rivals get better.

No more. Pegula means bu$ine$$!

Yeah, I'm glad you guys finally got a good owner. He really seems committed to the fans, which is awesome. I can't help but to like the little guys on your team like Ennis and Gerbe…especially after the Philly series. That one play where Ennis literally flipped the puck over Meszaros and went on the breakaway was insane