All-Purpose Off-Season NHL UFA RUMOR & TRADE Thread

DevilinLA

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only loyalty wiped out +-.

:-)

Yeh, well, we'll see what the numbers are. Im guessing its 3mill per, which is a 1 mill overpayment. I like Greene and I hope he rights the ship, but this mystery contract makes me nervous.

$3 mil is a bit much. If it is $2.5 mil or lower I can live with that.

Oh sweet jesus I was afraid of that...another Oduya contract.

Oduya's contract got us Kovalchuk.

As long as the dollars are reasonable enough such that Greene remains a tradeable asset I'm happy with this. If in two years we want to make space for Merrill/Larsson, and we can trade Greene without issue for a positive asset then it's a fine deal.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

and because his cut is now less, he doesnt seem too thrilled Greene was set on staying.

Could also explain things going past noon. Agent knows there is more money than the Devils deal so convinces Greene to wait and hear them, hoping Greene will be swayed by the bigger dollars. Greene hears other deals and decides to accept Devils deal anyway.

and because his cut is now less, he doesnt seem too thrilled Greene was set on staying.

Yea he doesn't sound thrilled. I'll wait for the numbers, but if it's really that obvious that he took a discount to stay with us, it will definitely change my perception of Greene.

Could also explain things going past noon. Agent knows there is more money than the Devils deal so convinces Greene to wait and hear them, hoping Greene will be swayed by the bigger dollars. Greene hears other deals and decides to accept Devils deal anyway.

Certainly makes sense.

Edited by Amberite