DevilinLA

All-Purpose Off-Season NHL UFA RUMOR & TRADE Thread

1,525 posts in this topic

Well it is a lot colder in Winnipeg than Atlanta, he probably just wanted a little something to keep him warmer...

According to Incarcerated Bob, McCabe and Staios have been offered tryouts with the Islanders.

per RealKyper and some other french reports

Doughty rejected multi offers including 9 yrs/61.2M. The 6.8 aav would have matched Kopitar's as #Kings highest

mmm i wonder whats up... i mean i cant see why he wouldnt want to stay there, they have a very bright future so im not gonna jump on the "he wants to get out of there" wagon but yeah... i dont know...

Just caught this on Twitter:

RANGER-LOGO.CMYK-2_normal.jpg@thenyrangersNew York Rangers ALERT: the #NYR will announce who their new captain is tomorrow along with their two alternates!! spread the word #NYRcaptain

Anyone care to venture a guess? I would have to say Callahan, with Dubinsky and Gaborik as A's.

Edited by puckrock

Anyone care to venture a guess? I would have to say Callahan, with Dubinsky and Gaborik as A's.

C: Callahan/Staal

A: Staal/Callahan

A: Gaborik

Richards gets the C

Staal and Callahan get the A's

I was thinking that also but I dont know.

"The key for me personally is that I can't let the captaincy change me at all," Callahan said as he was joined by teammates Marc Staal, Brandon Dubinsky, Dan Girardi, Ryan McDonagh and Derek Stepan on a tour through the evolving arena that remains a construction zone. "I can't let it change me on or off the ice, the way I play or the way I act."

NYP.com

Some late night tidbits from Bob McKenzie...

"LAK adamant on 2 things with Doughty: deal needs to be at least 7 years long and cannot be more than $6.8M, same salary as Kopitar."

"Nothing official just yet, but John Tavares and Tyler Myers on verge of big, multi-year contract extensions with NYI and BUF, respectively."

"Both deals are expected to be in 6 year range, give or take a year, and worth an average of $5.5M, give or take a few hundred thousand."

Some late night tidbits from Bob McKenzie...

"LAK adamant on 2 things with Doughty: deal needs to be at least 7 years long and cannot be more than $6.8M, same salary as Kopitar."

"Nothing official just yet, but John Tavares and Tyler Myers on verge of big, multi-year contract extensions with NYI and BUF, respectively."

"Both deals are expected to be in 6 year range, give or take a year, and worth an average of $5.5M, give or take a few hundred thousand."

Saw that too, but i guess the kings are really pushing for 7 at least and Doughty is going for 5... i wonder who's gonna bend or what may happen if they can't agree on something

i find it funny, assuming that's true, that LA is basically hoping to browbeat Doughty into signing a 7 year contract. what a strange world NHL negotiations have become.

Marchand signing for 2 years @ 5 million. Too bad, wouldn't have minded seeing the Devs make a play for him.

Marchand signing for 2 years @ 5 million. Too bad, wouldn't have minded seeing the Devs make a play for him.

he's a bit too cocky for my liking... plus i think we have enough left wingers lol

he's a bit too cocky for my liking... plus i think we have enough left wingers lol

We could use a guy as cocky as he was, punching the Sedins a repeated number of times. Plus, I was under the belief he was a RW. Nevermind! :ph34r:

Saw this on the old 'HF. I'm 99.9% sure it means nothing - but fun to stir the pot when there's so little going on.

Again - not serious - and not my claim. Just for fun:

--------------------------------------------------

The guy got 3-4 things right this summer...broke a few signings.... does mostly toronto stuff..

very grain of salt though..

*********** Hockey Break

Very interesting here. Source informing me that the Devils have inquired about Drew Doughty, "With a very tempting offer".

We probably have to wait for the final word from Potvin for confirmation..... :giggle:

Edited by DevilinLA

Saw this on the old 'HF. I'm 99.9% sure it means nothing - but fun to stir the pot when there's so little going on.

The guy got 3-4 things right this summer...broke a few signings.... does mostly toronto stuff..

*********** Hockey Break

Very interesting here. Source informing me that the Devils have inquired about Drew Doughty, "With a very tempting offer".

We probably have to wait for the final word from Potvin for confirmation..... :giggle:

Dont think itll happen/true but itd be awesome.

Edited by Quinn01

Also of interest:

@TSNBobMcKenzie reports Doughty negotiations are "perilously close to going off the rails"

Eat Karma Kings fans!

*********** Hockey Break

I caught a similar rumor on Twitter, actually, saying we might have made an offer for Doughty and Jonathan Bernier...