DevilinLA

All-Purpose Off-Season NHL UFA RUMOR & TRADE Thread

1,525 posts in this topic

I caught a similar rumor on Twitter, actually, saying we might have made an offer for Doughty and Jonathan Bernier...

Wow, what I would give up for those two. That would be incredible. No chance it's gonna happen though, so I hate these rumors!

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=375906

When the Toronto Maple Leafs open training camp on Friday, they will have Luke Schenn on the blueline.

Schenn agreed to a five-year contract with the club on Thursday night. While exact details of the deal have not been made official, it is believed that Schenn will earn approximately $3.5 million per season.

Wow, what I would give up for those two. That would be incredible. No chance it's gonna happen though, so I hate these rumors!

On HFBoards they are suggesting Parise and Larsson for Doughty and Bernier

Thats pretty much what it would take seriously... Not too sure we want that lol

Id be willing to give a first round pick + wtv (except parise) for doughty, even if i know it would mean 2 years in a row without a first round pick

On HFBoards they are suggesting Parise and Larsson for Doughty and Bernier

I can't see it with the way Larsson agreed to sign for no bonus money and Doughty holding out for a huge contract and asking for more than Kopitar. One of those screams Lou's team philosophy, the other doesn't.

I'd trade Parise for Doughty without hesitation, although this process with Doughty could point to some problems with his personality.

(Commence the hate, I'm prepared for it)

I think a good part of the situation has to do with Doughty's agent. Although holding out is ultimately Doughty's decision.

I wonder what the "tempting offer" by us was, haha.

here's a real good interview with Lombardi... he's really honnest, real good read

http://lakingsinsider.com/2011/09/16/lombardi-on-doughtys-holdout/

i really don't know who's gonna bend, but what im really hoping is that its really Doughty the problem and that its not his agent using him has a puppet to get every single penny he can, im already stressed with Zach... really dont need that ass over his shoulder telling him what to do

incarceratedbob incarcerated bob

**UPDATED NHL RUMORS**Source: LA Kings have started2 listen to offers 4 Doughty (Early Stages)(Habs / Caps / Islanders / Devils) in it early

I'd trade Parise for Doughty without hesitation, although this process with Doughty could point to some problems with his personality.

(Commence the hate, I'm prepared for it)

I am going to, 100%, act like that was a joke

Modano just announced on twitter/facebook that he's retiring. I was expecting that, but it's official now.

I am going to, 100%, act like that was a joke

T'was not at all :D

But anyhow...I suppose it's time for this thread to hit the graveyard. RIP offseason 2011

TSNBobMcKenzie (Bob McKenzie)

Lots of waivers. Will be posted on tsn.ca shortly. Notables: Kotalik(BUF), Shaone Morrison (BUF), Huet (CHI), Godard (DAL), Redden (NYR).

incarceratedbob incarcerated bob

**UPDATED NHL RUMORS**Source: LA Kings have started2 listen to offers 4 Doughty (Early Stages)(Habs / Caps / Islanders / Devils) in it early

With Chico saying Parise is def a 1 and done, it may be worth looking into. Maybe Lou would be able to Doughty to drink the kool-aid and change his personality.

With Chico saying Parise is def a 1 and done, it may be worth looking into. Maybe Lou would be able to Doughty to drink the kool-aid and change his personality.

What does Chico know?

lol and Im pretty sure Daneyko said last night that he's likely to stay

let's make our FO decisions based on what our announcer thinks...

Hey you never know. Maybe he knows something we don't. Anything's possible. :noclue:

Edited by mmajeski06

Per Hockey Break Twitter:

The Columbus Blue Jackets with the second move of day now trade D Fedor Tyutin to the New York Islanders in exchange for G Evgeni Nabokov

Except the trade did not happen.

Oh yeah your right. I just saw it retweeted on TG's but I went back to see Hockey Breaks' actual twitter page and he says he made a mistake.