Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Martyisth3b3st

WEIGHT LIFTING HELP/ADVICE

166 posts in this topic

at 6'1" I feel like you should and a size 36 pants.... 240 doesn't add up... if you had left out the 170 maybe...

My dad is a monster and at 6ft he'd be 218 in drop dead shape. When he's 230 he's a fatass. Honestly I dont think my dad was ever smaller than 38s...

My husband is smaller boned and 6'1" yeesh... he's ripped perfectly at 190. Maybe a little skinny but cute :uni: and 32 waist... at flabbyness now - he's 215 and 36 waist.

I'm not arguing. I just dont get it. In fitness mags ladies are always saying I'm 140 and 5'3"... it's just weird to me. In real life I have never seen such a thing :noclue: Do I have weird friends and family?

Post pics lol! :uni:

are you really 25? That makes perfect sense then I get it! at 170 you weren't in 36s! :evil:

Edited by Pepperkorn

it's mostly back and legs, i guess. i will post some pics of the powerlifting meet i attended at school when i'm back home and i have my laptop. right now the only pictures i have are from a wedding and my birthday party and i'd feel weird posting them here. my girlfriend is in all the shots. :D

oh, sorry. no, when i weighed 170, my waist size was dramatically smaller. 29. i could also see my ribs.

Edited by Nature's Minister

it's mostly back and legs, i guess. i will post some pics of the powerlifting meet i attended at school when i'm back home and i have my laptop. right now the only pictures i have are from a wedding and my birthday party and i'd feel weird posting them here. my girlfriend is in all the shots. :D

oh, sorry. no, when i weighed 170, my waist size was dramatically smaller. 29. i could also see my ribs.

Yeah, at 155 right now I wear a 28

i guess just try to keep carbs under control if you're trying to lose fat and you should be ok. eat a bunch of steaks with a bunch of fibrous vegetables, and wash it down with a porkchop blended into a protein shake. it is pretty hard to lose fat and gain muscle though. usually you end up losing fat and muscle, or gaining both. i don't like cardio so i don't do it, but if i had to do cardio i would probably do a whole bunch of tabata circuits and puke all over the gym.

I would vomit mercilessly if I ever actually put meat into a blender. Hell, I can't even putt eggs into a blender. Double hell, I can't even put penut butter into a blender. My lunch is usually a bowl of cucumbers and a big fruit+protein+yogurt smoothie.

That's what I've heard, unfortunately. Like, a lot of people told me to lose the rest of my fat I should stop lifting... but there isn't a chance in hell I'm going to actually stop lifting. So, I dunno.

i was kidding about the pork chop. just, you know, proteins.

it would be stupid to stop lifting. lifting burns more fat than cardio does. also if you were fat at one point, you might have a hard time getting that six pack if you have any loose skin at all. skip the cardio!!

or do tabata circuits

:lol: have someone else put meat into a blender for you!

lol - you dont really have to post pics. :blush: I'm not really a Mrs Robinson.

i was kidding about the pork chop. just, you know, proteins.

it would be stupid to stop lifting. lifting burns more fat than cardio does. also if you were fat at one point, you might have a hard time getting that six pack if you have any loose skin at all. skip the cardio!!

or do tabata circuits

I gotta look up tabata circuts haha, what the hell is it?

try doing like eight or ten front squats in thirty seconds, followed by ten seconds of rest, and do this seven times. put 90 pounds on the bar and you will puke. i promise.

edit: oh i see you are trending in the opposite direction. i don't know how to get unswole but i imagine it involves not eating three double cheeseburgers.

I'm sorry, I have nothing productive to add to this thread (I'm basically Eric Cartman all grown up), I just had to chuckle at this line.

I've been taking 1 scoop of Jack3d pre-workout (thanks to a great recommendation by Martyisth3b3st) but today I upped it to 1.5 scoops because just one wasn't doing anything for me, and I felt great.. Had probably the best lift of my life!! Spent 2 hours at the gym and now I feel like I'm on crack but in a good way.. I could probably run for an hour now but I'm pretty sure I'd dehydrate in this heat

Btw if anyone needs lifting/workout advice, PM martyisth3b3st.. He knows what he is talking about :cheers:

...now I feel like I'm on crack but in a good way...

:rofl:

I'm not really a Mrs Robinson.

Liar :D

I used to be ripped; then I was fat... now I'm getting back into shape.

Never took anything... just hard full body workouts. Currently I'm in MMA training with BJJ and general fitness...

When I was in HS/College; wrestling was all I needed... lol, all.

Edited by aylbert

My weightlifting advice: You lift things up, then put them down.

Best possible advice really, lol. Workout and eat right and you won't need the MuscleTech or crazy supplements.

Any secrets to maximize workouts with very little spare time? I used to go hard four times a week but that's impossible taking three summer classes and work.

Any secrets to maximize workouts with very little spare time? I used to go hard four times a week but that's impossible taking three summer classes and work.

My friend told me that if I didn't have much time to lift this summer, I should lower the weight and increase the reps. doing pyramid and burnout sets is a quick way to get in, get swole, and get out. Dunno if it completely replaces 4 days in the gym, but I'd guess it would come close.

EDIT: for example, I would do a lot of sets to fail (if you have a spotter)

Edited by Martyisth3b3st

While this has absolutely nothing to do with weight lifting, it does have to do with getting fit:

http://www.emckanata.ca/20110721/news/TOPS+crowns+Kanata+resident+%27king%27+for+2010

-=-=-=-=-

Though I will say this... if there is one thing I wish I had done differently was that I would have put far more effort into resistance training and less on the cardio. I have lost a lot of muscle mass that I now have to rebuild. If you don't rebuild the muscle mass, you kill your metabolism.

Could someone help me with a workout schedule? I have Rushfit but it did not come with a schedule to follow. I think Cardio 3-4 times a week and lifts arms one day and chest and then shoulders/triceps the other day. Is that alright or can one of you help me on a routine. i rather not use websites as alot are different. Best one for me to put muscle on my arms and triceps as well as shoulders. But i want to lose weight on my stomach for my Abs. I have tight abs just the weight on top. Don't see how I need to add to my arms then I need to lose for my Abs?! Help!

Could someone help me with a workout schedule? I have Rushfit but it did not come with a schedule to follow. I think Cardio 3-4 times a week and lifts arms one day and chest and then shoulders/triceps the other day. Is that alright or can one of you help me on a routine. i rather not use websites as alot are different. Best one for me to put muscle on my arms and triceps as well as shoulders. But i want to lose weight on my stomach for my Abs. I have tight abs just the weight on top. Don't see how I need to add to my arms then I need to lose for my Abs?! Help!

My schedule is bi/tri/shoulder MWF, chest/back/trap/legs T/Tr, abs mwf (if I can), running 7 days a week (long distance in the morning, sprints in the afternoon, tabata treadmill circut at night).

The best advice anyone ever gave me was this: abs are formed in the kitchen more than they are in the gym. Eat an apple, not a twinkie, and you'll get the chisled look everyone is going for.

Everyone will have a different workout routine, just don't do the same thing every day. Here what I do:

Set a watch for 2 min timer. do as many reps as you can in those two minutes alternate push then pull. Do not wait in between exercises. Do your core first, then arms then legs. You will feel like jello after a 30 minute work out. Start off light and don't stain yourself. If you need to take the weight down, then do it, but keep doing the reps. Its a good mental accomplishment to finish something all the way.

Also jack3d is really good stuff, HOWEVER, be warned that you MUST cycle the stuff correctly our you can really damage your system. Go a month on, 2 weeks off. I use a month of 2 scoops, 2 weeks off, then a month of 4 scoops then two weeks off then repeat.

Confuse your muscles, don't do things in the same order every day.

Thats my two cents, good luck :)