Devils 11/12 line combos

Tedenby21

Lou will likely make a change or two before the season starts, but for the most part we know what the team will look like. I am interested in seeing your line combos for the upcoming season. Here are mine.

Parise / Zajac / Palmieri

Kovy / Josefson / Zubrus

Tedenby / Elias / Henrique

Rolston / Steckel / Clarkson

scratches / Zharkov / Pelley

Volchenkov / Greene

Tallinder / Larsson

White / Fayne

scratches / Taormina / Salvador (IR)

Brodeur

Hedberg

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with a lot of that but I would really like to see the Kovy-Zajac-Palmieri line stay together, they worked really well last season when they got going. And that would let Parise start out on a line with Elias and maybe Zubrus. It would be nice to see Henrique get more of a shot than the call up and send down without touching the ice like last season though.

My line thoughts are these.

Kovy - Zajac - Palmieri

Parise - Elias - Zubrus

Tedenby - Josefson - Clarkson

Rolston - Steckel - Zharkov/Henrique

I agree 100% with the D

Taormino should be a great # 7 now that he'll be healthy again.

I agree with a lot of that but I would really like to see the Kovy-Zajac-Palmieri line stay together, they worked really well last season when they got going. And that would let Parise start out on a line with Elias and maybe Zubrus. It would be nice to see Henrique get more of a shot than the call up and send down without touching the ice like last season though.

Kovy - Zajac - Palmieri

Parise - Elias - Zubrus

I agree 100% with the D

Kovy - Zajac - Palmieri

Parise - Elias - Zubrus

I agree 100% with the D

Sorry about all those, my internet messed up.

Kovy - Zajac - Palmieri

Parise - Elias - Zubrus

I agree 100% with the D

I agree with most of your lines as well but I don't think Zajac is the best center for Kovy. We should keep him with Parise as we have seen what they can do together. I would like:

Parise - Zajac - Tedenby

Kovy - Josefson - Zubrus

Henrique - Elias - Palmieri

Zharkov - Steckel - Clarkson

Assuming Rolston is gone, if not stick him on the 4th line.

Kovy - Elias - Zubrus

Parise - Zajac - Tedenby

Rolston - Josefson - Henrique/Zharkov

Pelley - Steckel - Clarkson

A-Train - White

Tallinder - Larsson (Swed Line)

Taormina - Greene

Brodeur

Hedberg

I really like the sound of Tallinder being with Larsson and Greene and Taormina.

Edited by Quinn01

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

I doubt Kovy will be with Zajac, yes they did good but Zajac has always been Zachs partner they have real good chemistry and I feel lou will put them back together. and Tedenby will be alongside Kovy IMO. I doubt Larsson will be playing right away and if not i feel Taormina will be in his spot till he plays. I always feel Lou might Keep White and Anton together for a "shut down" line if they put their heads together and start hitting more. Fayne was good with Greene this year and might end up with him again and/or if not the possibly alongside Tallinder for a producing line

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Palmieri

Parise-Elias-Tedenby

Henrique-Josefson-Zubrus

Pelley-Steckel-Clarkson

Zharkov

Volchenkov-Greene

Tallinder-Fayne

White-Taormina

Corrente

Brodeur

Hedberg

First let me say in my dream world they found a way to trade Rolston for just about nothing to clear the roster spot and cap space...I also don't think Salvador is going to get cleared to play so he'll be on the LTIR.

I liked the Kovalchuk-Zajac-Palmieri line last year so I'd like to see them get a shot to stay together. I'm interested in seeing how Parise would work with on a line with Tedenby and Elias seems fit for the C spot there. Henrique had a lot of chemistry playing LW with Josefson as his C in Albany last year and I think a veteran like Zubrus on the other wing would help anchor that line. I'm fine with that fourth line minus Clarkson's cap hit and I like Zharkov as the extra forward.

On defense unless Larsson has a great camp I let him spend another year in Sweden. It will probably help his development and helps the Devils by not starting his contract early. I also think Urbom could use another year in the AHL if not at least a half year. Taormina is a wild card since we have a small sample size to go with on him but he did work well with White last year in limited time. I think Tallinder is a solid partner for Fayne and can help bring him along. Volchenkov and Greene should be able to eat big minutes. Corrente is fine as the 7th guy but I can see that going to anyone like Fraser or Noreau depending on who has the better camp.

I still wouldn't be shocked to see Lou make some sort of trade soon though...

For the D i agree 100% with you tallinder dhould be with Larsson.... (except if we do trade....)

Offensive ... I cant see Rolston with us i think Lou will trade Him

So my offensive line are...

Kovalchuk/Josefson/Palmieri

Parisé/Zajac/Zubrus

Tedenby/Elias/Henrique

Clarkson/Steckel/Pelley

Zajac has to start with Parise. He doesn't score with Kovy. Better we start with a pair that we know have chemistry. Zubrus should be on the 1st or 2nd line he can't produce. Other than that, have at it picking lines. not

How about Kovy,Josefson and Tedenby that would be a fast line with scoring talent.

Edited by LucifersDog

Parise-Zajac-Tedenby/Zubrus

Kovalchuk-Elias-Zubrus/Tedenby

Palmieri-Jofeson-Rolston

Pelley-Steckel-Henrique/Zharkov/Clarkson

Honest question here, is that a Stanley Cup winning lineup? Is it a lineup that can make a deep run?

Palmieri-Jofeson-Rolston

Honest question here, is that a Stanley Cup winning lineup? Is it a lineup that can make a deep run?

I find it ironic that you ask if that is caliber of a Stanley Cup winner when you leave out the most important part, the defense.

I find it ironic that you ask if that is caliber of a Stanley Cup winner when you leave out the most important part, the defense.

The offense alone, compared to past winners who've all had one or more elite centers mostly in their four lines.

Palmieri-Jofeson-Rolston

as a devil fan if you squint your eyes a little yes it might be lol

i dont know...so hard to not be biased....but i would stack these guys one of the top 4 in the east if most things go to plan...such as tedenby and jj taking a step foward and kovi/parise putting together 65-70 goals between them

All I hope is that for our forward lines:

Zajac/Parise should be kept together

Kovy/Elias together and only way to get production out of Rolston is to put him with Elias..

Sucks for Teddy as he deserves a look on the second line and deserves more than 3rd line minutes.

3rd/4th lines are a mish-mash of Zubs/Napalm/Clarkson/Henrique/Pelly/Steckel/JJ/Zharkov

D pairigs:

Volchenkov / Greene

Tallinder / Larsson

White / Fayne

I know this is a dead thread but I figured I'd share my thoughts on next season's lines.

Forwards:

Kovalchuk(A)-Zajac-Palmieri

Parise©-Josefson-Zubrus

Henrique-Elias(A)-Tedenby

Rolston-Steckel-Clarkson

extra: Pelley

The first line will play well if it plays like it did last season, The 2nd line could be nice since you have both Zubrus and Parise playing a nice cycle game down low and Josefson dishing the puck out, it should also take some pressure off of his play since he'll be playing with 2 veterans who can handle a pretty good workload. I like the 3rd line because it has a playmaking center and two goal scoring wingers. Hopefully Elias can play mentor to Tedenby and groom him to be a devils scorer, also I know henrique is a natural center but he seems like more of a goal scorer but that doesn't mean he can't take defensive zone faceoffs and cover for Elias in the D zone from time to time. And the 4th line is what it is, they all belong there. What I do like is that is allows us to roll 4 lines with spread out talent, it also gives the team 4 centers who can play good defensive skills in addition to a lot of flexibility as far as switching players up goes.

Defense:

Tallinder-Fayne

Volchenkov-Greene

White-Corrente

Extra: Taormina

I put Corrente in over Taormina because I like Corrente's game, if only he could stay healthy. He dishes out big hits, can skate well, get the puck out of the zone and has a decent shot. But if he has a bad game he could be replaced by Taormina.

Forwards:

Kovalchuk(A)-Zajac-Palmieri

Parise©-Josefson-Zubrus

Henrique-Elias(A)-Tedenby

Rolston-Steckel-Clarkson

extra: Pelley

i'm not opposed to henrique making the team and even getting 3rd line minutes, but the only way this happens is if rolston is gone. he will not be a 4th liner. if he's here, he's getting PP time and playing on 14 minutes which equals 3rd or perhaps 2nd line time depending on who's on and who isn't that particular game.

assuming zharkov doesn't go back to russia, i think he starts the season on the team and henrique starts in albany.

also, i have no doubt that at some time, the lines you've got up there will likely be used. but i'd bet that parise starts w/ zajac and kovalchuk goes w/ elias or JJ.

Defense:

Tallinder-Fayne

Volchenkov-Greene

White-Corrente

Extra: Taormina

I put Corrente in over Taormina because I like Corrente's game, if only he could stay healthy. He dishes out big hits, can skate well, get the puck out of the zone and has a decent shot. But if he has a bad game he could be replaced by Taormina.

camp will prove out that 6 and 7 guy. my gut says taormina gets the shot first because of the offense he can bring, but we'll see.

i'm not opposed to henrique making the team and even getting 3rd line minutes, but the only way this happens is if rolston is gone. he will not be a 4th liner. if he's here, he's getting PP time and playing on 14 minutes which equals 3rd or perhaps 2nd line time depending on who's on and who isn't that particular game.

I agree that Rolston will get PP time and possible PK time but why do you think he won't be a 4th liner? Not only am I sure he knows where he stands with this team and their plans for him (being waived last season/topic of rumors about being dropped, I don't think he has much of a choice about which line he plays on. I'm sure that he's aware that he isn't playing up to what is expected of him and I'm sure he is also aware that there probably aren't many if any teams out there that want him so I think he'd take a spot on the roster regardless of where it is rather than being scratched. That 4th line with Steckel and Clarkson isn't awful looking either, that is to say it could be worse.

I'm sure Rolston is a great locker room guy and vocal leader on the beach but he must know where his career is at this particular time in his life and he should just be happy that he is playing on a team that could make the playoffs and so on.

Edited by Devs4LIFE

my point with rolston is, if you're going to have him, you might as well try to get the best of him.

imagine a 3rd line with Rolston-Elias-Zubrus - that line will either murder the back end defenders or likely play top lines to a draw allowing for a parise-zajac and kovalchuk-josefson line to do some damage.

my point with rolston is, if you're going to have him, you might as well try to get the best of him.

imagine a 3rd line with Rolston-Elias-Zubrus - that line will either murder the back end defenders or likely play top lines to a draw allowing for a parise-zajac and kovalchuk-josefson line to do some damage.

This is true, I supposed it all depends on what the coaches intentions are.

Parise Zajac Tedenby

Kovalchuk Josefson Palmieri

Rolston Elias Zubrus

Clarkson Steckel Zharkov/Henrique/Pelley

I love the idea of bringing back the elias rolston and zubrus line as stated above. It brings the best out of rolston, they can put points up together, and they can play against the other teams best lines to take pressure off the first two lines. I would love to see zharkov and henrique play on the 4th line. (*cough* trade clarkson *cough*)

Edited by Zubie#8

I personally want to see a third line of Rolston - Elias - Tedenby. I believe force feeding Tedenby into a more defensive role will do wonders for his game. The faster we can somehow develop him into a PK'er the less likely we will be stuck in the basement for short handed goals.

Josefson and Kovalchuk seems to be the obvious choice for a 2nd line with Palmieri on the right side. We may need to hide this line a little bit cause I truely don't think Josefson can carry the cycle on his own to create possesion. Palmieri and Kovalchuk lack in that department. Josefson is smart enough to get most out of Kovalchuk. Should be a fun line to watch on the rush.

Depending on cap cuts, why not use Zubrus, Zajac and Parise together, it should be dominant against most lines.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac