Bibby89

Captain?

142 posts in this topic

You never want to give the "C" to a player who probably won't be here next year, so give Zach an "A".

Hey Troll

Are you going to put your money where your mouth is and follow up on the bet you said we would make? To refresh your memory, you said the Devils WOULD NOT make the playoffs this season. Loser of the bet will have their money donated to good ol' NJDEVS.COM

Pretty good but how about this:

C- Mark Fraser

A- Johan Hedberg

A- Mattias Tedenby

A- Brian Rolston

A- John McLean

A- MantaRay

A- ???

What do you think? I'm not sure who to give the sixth A to yet, but I'm thinking Ken Klee (good veteran leader). Thoughts?

:giggle:

Hey Troll

Are you going to put your money where your mouth is and follow up on the bet you said we would make? To refresh your memory, you said the Devils WOULD NOT make the playoffs this season. Loser of the bet will have their money donated to good ol' NJDEVS.COM

the guy has like 4 bets for this already. I'm one of them.

You didn't read! Suggestions they were. you've added no valuable input to this debate. all you've done, and BiB, have replied with the same Clarkson over Elias! :huh:

In reality, just to clear it up

captain- Parise

assistant- Elias

assistant- Kovalchuk

assistant- Clarkson/Zubrus/Volchenkov

That what I expect to see(atleast the first three). Not totally what I would pick but what I think Lou will do.

If I had the choice as coach

captain-parise

assistant-kovalchuk

assistant-zubrus

assistant-elias

Elias is a tremendous leader. My thinkin is most vocal, hardest worker, die for the team=merit for the A or C

Your opinion, I respect it. Open your mind a bit

Make up your mind already

Make up your mind already

Just remembered that its 1 C 2 A or 3 A.

If you decided to read my post you'd see I had what I expect to see and what I would like to see.

The only problem I had with your post is that you listed Clarkson and didn't list Elias. Now you're listing Elias and getting upset with me for "not reading"?

my orginial post was a different scenario of leadership. of course elias will be there in reality but with the whole pattern of gutting the look of the team i created a list of leadership with a veteran not on it.

in the end A, C, or nothing Elias will hold the respect on the team with marty.

Edited by Mayday

the guy has like 4 bets for this already. I'm one of them.

You're in on it too? Nice....

PAGING MANTA

Now with the season right around corner, lets get this topic going again.

I would like to see right now, after camp:

C: Elias

A: Kovalchuk/Parise

A: Tallinder

Tallinder has proven himself to be a great role model to the young sweds on the team. I know that he wont get it over Parise/Kovy but he should deff be in the running. He is taking Larsson under his wing and helping him not only adjust to the style of play/rink size here but how to live in general in a different country.

I am still sticking with my views on Elias being the only C on the team this year.

While I agree Elias deserves it, he outright said he doesn't want it.

IMO, give the vote to the players, like Kovalchuk suggested. It could show us and team more about the dynamics as well as how the players view their teammates.

While I agree Elias deserves it, he outright said he doesn't want it.

IMO, give the vote to the players, like Kovalchuk suggested. It could show us and team more about the dynamics as well as how the players view their teammates.

If Im not mistaken, Patty said that he would take it if no one else wanted it. He just doesnt want to be put in a position like he was several seasons ago.

If Im not mistaken, Patty said that he would take it if no one else wanted it. He just doesnt want to be put in a position like he was several seasons ago.

hmmm... that sounds about right, I just don't have the energy/care enough to search TGs blog.

I think the team vote will show how the team dynamics are playing out [i.e. - Parise]

hmmm... that sounds about right, I just don't have the energy/care enough to search TGs blog.

I think the team vote will show how the team dynamics are playing out [i.e. - Parise]

Id be happy with that choice. Like you said in your previous post, it would help with team dynamics.

Is it too early to slap this bad boy on Larsson? :uni:

Is it too early to slap this bad boy on Larsson? :uni:

Bring back Pikarainen...this is our guy !!!

Edited by SS-SS

Deboer already said it won't be decided by the players. I think if it goes to Kovy it means Zach is gone for real. Salvador could be a darkhorse. He rocked an 'A' the other night and several players mentioned him by name as a good locker room leader.

If the next C isn't Parise - and this year, that's a bad sign that Lou and Zach were both full of it when they said they intended to work out a long-term deal. Because by all rights it should be Zach, the only reason not to give it to him is if you're afraid he's got one foot out the door.

6 Months ago I would have never considered the possibility of Zach leaving, but with Parise getting a 1 year deal, the rumors of financial problems for ownership (partially confirmed by the negative 25 million sale price), and Kovalchuk's salary practically doubling next year (for 6 years) I am concerned. This might be the next bad omen.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

C: Parise

A: Kovy

A: Elias

Pleeeeease. Because not only do I think these are the guys who deserve it.. but it would also clearly mean more than just naming the Captains, with the Parise scenario. If there could be two C's, the other would be Kovy no doubt at all. The guy showed a ton of leadership at the end of last year, and he's just an animal

We should know in around a week!

my money was on Trent Hunter until he was put on waivers... since then i really dont know

i think its pretty obvious that Zach will/should get the C

• The team want him to get it

• Elias doesnt want it

• I think its a no brainer to think that they have to show good faith / trust / commitment to Zach after all they did for Kovy if we want to resign him long-term, so to give the C to Kovy would be a slap in the face to zach IMO

• The fact that he may be leaving after the season, i mean come on... what kind of message would that be sending him "we'd like to give you the C but we're not sure you really want to play here or im not sure we'll be able to give you enough so you will want to stay", that plus we made it through a good part of the season without a captain last season, some teams went all season long without a captain (mtl on top of my head)

• to give him the C would only help to resign him IMO and not use the C as a candy if he re-signs.

Agree, I think giving the C to Zach actually does make sense. He leads on and off the ice and it might be a good way to keep him connected/interested in the team.