Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rock

Therrien is Plan B for Devils

57 posts in this topic

Cripes. As much as I like Lemaire and I know the team responds to him, I don't think he can be expected to un-retire again for the Devils. And Therrien as a backup plan doesn't thrill me too much.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/devils/therrien_is_plan_for_devs_WHa0CxIbFirpRux5WxanYI

The latest word is Michel Therrien is the backup plan to coach the team in case general manager Lou Lamoriello cannot convince the very reluctant Lemaire to come back.

Slow news day, guess Neverson needed something to write about...who knows if this is even true?

Having said that, I hope to God that LL is not trying to go the retread route yet again. Nothing against Lemaire...I think he was the right guy last year under the circumstances, was probably the only guy who could've gotten as much out of that team as he did, but I don't see that magic repeating itself. It's time to move on, and Lemaire seems to have made pretty clear that he wants to.

I don't trust the news coming from new york, but if LL were to actually be going after Lemaire, it would mean that he wants the guy for one year then he wants to retire with him and let the next guy figure out the new CBA mess.

As much as I want to write this off, I can't shake the fact that (N)Єverson totally called Sutter jumping ship WAY before anyone else.

As much as I want to write this off, I can't shake the fact that (N)Єverson totally called Sutter jumping ship WAY before anyone else.

Brooks also had the lifetime Kovalchuk contract called. At this point, it's the only thing that really makes sense.

And we're supposed to believe that Therrien is just sitting on his hands waiting for the chance to accept that a team is going to offer him a job because he's their second choice and number one wasn't available? I don't buy it.

And we're supposed to believe that Therrien is just sitting on his hands waiting for the chance to accept that a team is going to offer him a job because he's their second choice and number one wasn't available? I don't buy it.

Hey, it's possible. [insert "Brian Rafalski/Scott Niedermayer" analogy here]

The fact that' itaken so long is allowing this stories to have some semblance of truth to it. I buy it NJ26, what other option does Therrien have?

This is the only conceivable reason as to why its taking so long. I buy it. Sadly... I buy it.

Sit on his hands? He 'aint sitting on his hands. The Devils head job is the only one left.

I'm just hoping because I don't particularly like what I've heard of Therrien that if Jacques does decide not to come back, this article forces Lou to look elsewhere.

It's the Post, right? They probably hacked Lou's phone and listened to his voicemail... :dizzy:

Sit on his hands? He 'aint sitting on his hands. The Devils head job is the only one left.

What has he been doing the past almost 2 years since he was let go from the Pens? I'm asking because I have no idea.

What has he been doing the past almost 2 years since he was let go from the Pens? I'm asking because I have no idea.

I have no idea what he's been doing. I know this: he hasn't been coaching in the NHL, and there's no shortage of reasons why not.

I still hope it's Carbo. I just don't get what is taking so long and why Lou has no problem saying it's close but then nothing happens.

I am pretty sure Lou still does not have a Plan A. And why would you listen to Mark (N)Єverson, he exaggerates sh!t. Training Camp opens Friday, September 16th, so the latest a coach can be named is that Thursday, so maybe Lou will wait til then whatever his excuse might be. But if it mean that Parise will be signed to an extension, I will certainly be ok with him stretching the search into late summer. I would not be surprised if Lou is coaching the team, maybe he is not impressed with anyone.

Edited by USC09

I know there's millions of things going on behind the scenes that we don't know about, but Lou comes off as incredibly indecisive and lost if he's still waiting on Lemaire. And even worse if his back-up plan is Therrien.

I know there's millions of things going on behind the scenes that we don't know about, but Lou comes off as incredibly indecisive and lost if he's still waiting on Lemaire. And even worse if his back-up plan is Therrien.

Therrien obviously isn't my first choice but I would feel better knowing he's Lou's first choice and he was confident an went out and got the guy. That doesn't seem to be happening though.

When do we start to panic ? I don't think Lemaire or Therrien are acceptable at this point. Hiring Lemaire would be pathetic while hiring Therrien would be one of the dumbest move to do when DeBoer, Hitch etc etc are out there.