• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room

ZeroGravityFat

Doc Emrick joins NBC, has left MSG.

214 posts in this topic

A great video I found on youtube, I don't think someone has posted it already.. Doc, you will be missed by everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ClO_Bl4q5w

Sick video. The one from Doc night was amazing, I forgot about that call. to that point in the season, I had gone to every game. Unfortunately, I had a big time swim meet, so I had to watch the final period (once I got home) on TV... I still remember the emotion from Doc's call when Langs tied it. You could tell he wanted it so bad.

The Panthers PBP guy? I knew it would be a downgrade regardless, but that would be a huge downgrade.

Why? I'll admit I'm not familiar with him, but I'm hoping the opinion is based on the quality of his work and not because he's employed by the Panthers.

Guys, we have to remember that Doc is one of the best out there, if not the best. Just about anyone who would replace him isn't going to be as good as he is, and it wouldn't be fair to bash the new guy because of that.

Why? I'll admit I'm not familiar with him, but I'm hoping the opinion is based on the quality of his work and not because he's employed by the Panthers.

Guys, we have to remember that Doc is one of the best out there, if not the best. Just about anyone who would replace him isn't going to be as good as he is, and it wouldn't be fair to bash the new guy because of that.

my standard will not be on the emrick scale, but rather on the cangelosi scale.

my standard will not be on the emrick scale, but rather on the cangelosi scale.

Fair enough. I fear, though, that not everyone will be as forgiving.

I want Thorne. But, hell, I'll be happy with anyone that isn't Steve. Nothing against him personally, but God damn his voice drives me up a wall.

Going to really miss Doc as he had a great 21-year run here with the Devils. I do hope the Devils get some games on Versus and NBC this season and seasons to come. Doc is the best in the business and will be sorely missed.

I would like to see Gary Thorne comeback to the Devils and replace Doc. Thorne is somewhat like Doc as they both leave you on the edge of your seat watching games. LaGrecca wouldn't be a bad choice either.

We need Andrés Cantor.

YES +100

Fair enough. I fear, though, that not everyone will be as forgiving.

You've been here as long as I have, there will always be dissenters.

For the sake of all those who fear someone who could possibly be confused as a Rangers fan getting the job, I hope Don La Greca gets the gig. The guy has a Devils tattoo on his leg. Doesn't get much more clear cut than that.

Ugh, this new PBP is going to be another source of whining this year...hopefully everything meshes well

Lang has been demoted to radio for the Pens. Anyone else like him? He's such a loon!!

For the sake of all those who fear someone who could possibly be confused as a Rangers fan getting the job, I hope Don La Greca gets the gig. The guy has a Devils tattoo on his leg. Doesn't get much more clear cut than that.

I asked Dave La Greca yesterday (He's the sports radio instructor at my school) if Don has been considered for the PBP job and he said that was the first he heard about it but would ask Don for me.

Still I doubt Don is going to get the gig. Though I would like to see it. I loved his stuff on NHL Live.

gonna miss him =/