Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrthemike

Leaked Jets Logo

90 posts in this topic

Fortunately, it looks nothing like the Canadian Air Farce logo.

Airfarce.PNG

Unfortunately, you found the wrong logo.. Fortunately, I found it.. But the point was to make it look like the logo, so it's funny that Jason thinks it looks too much like it, because they would find it a compliment.. I recommend you both read HF's Winnipeg Jets thread on the logo to become more informed.. More practice for you! :D

CanadianAirforce.jpg

I like these new logos. They're not super catchy but they pay homage to their heritage, they're clean and simple and they're an improvement on the old logos. While maybe it would be nice to have this logo as a shoulder patch and something else for the primary, it certainly looks better than some of the logos floating around the league. Looking forward to seeing the jerseys!

Unfortunately, you found the wrong logo.. Fortunately, I found it.. But the point was to make it look like the logo, so it's funny that Jason thinks it looks too much like it, because they would find it a compliment.. I recommend you both read HF's Winnipeg Jets thread on the logo to become more informed.. More practice for you! :D

:blink:

Did I miss something here? In one post, did you manage to have Rowdy's joke go way over your head...and you just suggested Jas0n spend time over at HF to become more informed?

If so, this post is phenomenal in a schadenfreude kind of way. If not, and you were being sarcastic, I'm chalking up my misunderstanding to reading the boards at 7am.

:blink:

Did I miss something here? In one post, did you manage to have Rowdy's joke go way over your head...and you just suggested Jas0n spend time over at HF to become more informed?

If so, this post is phenomenal in a schadenfreude kind of way. If not, and you were being sarcastic, I'm chalking up my misunderstanding to reading the boards at 7am.

lol well now I'm confused.. I assumed when Rowdy said "it looks nothing like the canadian air force logo" and then showed an example of a different looking logo, he meant "it looks nothing like the canadian air force logo because this is what the logo actually looks like".. But the logo he posted is definitely not the CAF logo.. If it was a joke, my mistake

I guess I could have misinterpreted Jason's comment in that I thought he made it without knowing that the whole point of the Jets new logo was to resemble the air force logo.. To say "it looks too much like what they were trying to make it look like" is an odd thing to say, imo.. But on HF the posters go into good detail about the meaning and all that stuff behind their team's new logo, so if he really didn't know that their intention was to make it the CAF logo, then I suggested he read up on it

Funny how text can be interpreted in so many ways :blink:

Yeah... 'cause Rowdy's post was the Canadian Air Farce logo. And uh... Jas0n's avatar is the RCAF emblem.

hahaha I didn't see the Farce thing but that's pretty funny.. I will now ban myself from this thread in utter humiliation and shame :saddevil:

Well done, Iggy.

Colin: Canadian pop culture loves you.

Rowdy: Maybe if you had linked to the Wikipedia page the first time, this could have all been avoided. Don't assume everyone knows what the hell you're talking about.

Well done, Iggy.

Colin: Canadian pop culture loves you.

Rowdy: Maybe if you had linked to the Wikipedia page the first time, this could have all been avoided. Don't assume everyone knows what the hell you're talking about.

It's times like these when the :doh1: emoticon is perfect for using on myself

It's times like these when the :doh1: emoticon is perfect for using on myself

S'ok, bro, we still :wub: you. :koolaid:

New Winnipeg logo gear is insanly priced. $36 for a Reebok hat??? I'll wait until the regular season starts and there's better gear out there that'll bring down the prices.

Are these the actual jerseys? Looks like EA released them earlier, before the team did.

WinnipegJets.info_Nice%2Buniform_EA_Sports.jpg

I doubt it very much, that looks like the Caps template to me.

I doubt it very much, that looks like the Caps template to me.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

391314770.png

I think they look really nice. What Lightning jerseys do they look like?

They are pretty cool. They look like the Dallas Stars jersey from the early 90's; only combined. The shoulder yoke goes down to the edge of the sleeve with the arm striping wrapping around it.

Stars02.png

Image courtesy of http://nhluniforms.com

Not bad, but I still think the primary logo looks more like a shoulder patch then the main symbol of a team.

391314770.png

I think they look really nice. What Lightning jerseys do they look like?

my initial impression was the first lightning jersey, minus the shoulders.

my initial impression was the first lightning jersey, minus the shoulders.

This one?

Lightning01.png

I don't know, I don't really see it.

This one?

Lightning01.png

I don't know, I don't really see it.

Wow that font really wants to screw with your eyes.

Not great, not bad either. Road shirts are better looking, IMO. Too many teams with tie down collars now. I would have liked to see it on the Devils shirts, but it's too common now.

Here's a much better pic.

391324767.jpg

Whites are definitely the better of the two. The blues would look better with a shoulder yoke.