Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MadDog2020

2011 NFL Thread

125 posts in this topic

Fins re-signed Jason Taylor. I'm very happy with that move. We needed a situational pass rusher, and JT can still chip in around 5-6 sacks easy. Plus he returns home and retires a Dolphin, as he should.

..you got yourselves a great player back today MD.

I loved having Jason, and I'm very disappointed he's gone. He was a complete professional for the Jets.

..you got yourselves a great player back today MD.

I loved having Jason, and I'm very disappointed he's gone. He was a complete professional for the Jets.

Without his sack and safety in that Pittsburgh game, the Jets may not make the playoffs last year. So that kills me to say, but he did contribute for you guys. I'm very happy to have him back. I wasn't expecting it at all.

I hated losing McGhaee (Denver) and Heap (Arizona) and possibly McClean but LOVE our new Fullback and Center, and also Bulger retired so we can get a better back up!

Like our moves.

Paving the way

The Jets released Cotchery. Looks like Derrick Mason is coming in to replace him.

The Jets released Cotchery. Looks like Derrick Mason is coming in to replace him.

I'm sick over this. A complete disgrace! The entire organization should be ashamed of themselves.

Cotchery was a complete pro his entire career. He embodied how ever NFL player should behave and conduct themselves (both on and off the field) and this is the thanks he gets after 8 years?! Disgusting!

EDIT: So the Jets replace a 29 year old Cotchery.. 28 year old Braylon.. and 27 year old B. Smith --with-- 37 year old Derrick Mason, and a 34 Plaxico Burress who hasn't played NFL ball in 2 years!?

Edited by Beezer34

I'm sick over this. A complete disgrace! The entire organization should be ashamed of themselves.

Cotchery was a complete pro his entire career. He embodied how ever NFL player should behave and conduct themselves (both on and off the field) and this is the thanks he gets after 8 years?! Disgusting!

EDIT: So the Jets replace a 29 year old Cotchery.. 28 year old Braylon.. and 27 year old B. Smith --with-- 37 year old Derrick Mason, and a 34 Plaxico Burress who hasn't played NFL ball in 2 years!?

If the Dolphins are smart, they may wanna give Cotchery a call. We need another WR, and I've always liked Cotchery's game. He is a pro's pro. The play he made in Cleveland last year while hurt was one of the best plays I've seen in a long time. I'd be pissed if I were you too Beez. I hope your loss can be our gain (like Pennington :P).

Edited by MadDog2020

I was mystified as to why we were so gung-ho on getting rid of Cotchery too, but it turns out (via Rex) he asked for a trade or release, which the Jets granted. Most likely he didn't want to be the #3 receiver again and was probably annoyed he was asked to take a pay cut too. Still it's too bad, and as much of a pro as Mason is - provided we do sign him - having our #2/3 receivers on the wrong side of 34, along with a #2 RB that's also on the wrong side of 30 is asking for trouble.

If the Dolphins are smart, they may wanna give Cotchery a call. We need another WR, and I've always liked Cotchery's game. He is a pro's pro. The play he made in Cleveland last year while hurt was one of the best plays I've seen in a long time. I'd be pissed if I were you too Beez. I hope your loss can be our gain (like Pennington :P).

heh, you guys might be placing a call to Mr. Favre sometimes soon...but yea Cotchery would be a tremendous addition, to the dolphins or any other club

I am disgusted as well with the way Jerricho was treated. Completely cast aside like yesterdays trash...no wonder he asked out! We are asking for trouble at WR...suppose Plax can't get into proper football shape after so much time in Prison, we're screwed! Wouldn't shock me if he's hampered by nagging hamstring or muscle pull injuries throughout the entire season.

It's all about money though. I believe we save what? 3 mil in cap space?

Edited by '7'

The Cotchery move is baffling. He was popular with the team, he was a loyal soldier and a good citizen.

Mason is a great replacement, but is much older and will not have the type of bond that Cotchery did with the rest of the team.

If the Fins were smart they would grab him immediately as he would be the perfect compliment for Marshall.

I am starting to get the sense that Woody is learning from Daniel Synder about making bad football decisions for your team.

Speaking of the Fins:

Sparano jumped to Henne’s defense Wednesday, calling the chants “sick” in an unusually sharp-tongued display from a coach who tends to be mild-mannered in interview sessions. On Thursday, he lauded Henne again, saying he’s the team’s No. 1 quarterback despite Miami’s recent signing of Matt Moore(notes), most recently of Carolina.

Then Sparano was asked if the team would rule out any possibility of adding Favre, and the coach seemed to know even the mere mention of the 41-year-old oft-retired quarterback would make news. Almost grudgingly, he answered anyway.

Henne gets booed by Dolphin Fans

Did anyone catch Shannon Sharpe's induction speech?

Yes, very moving speech. Loved Deion's speech as well.

Ricky signed a 2-year deal with Baltimore. Good fit- with both McGahee and McClain gone, Ricky should be a nice complement to Rice. I wish him nothing but the best, one of my all-time favorite Fins.

Ricky signed a 2-year deal with Baltimore. Good fit- with both McGahee and McClain gone, Ricky should be a nice complement to Rice. I wish him nothing but the best, one of my all-time favorite Fins.

Really? He looks a little slow these days. I hope he helps.

Really? He looks a little slow these days. I hope he helps.

Ricky can still move. He rushed for over 1,000 yards just 2 years ago, and surely would've done better last year if he got more carries and our o-line didn't blow at run blocking. I think Ricky will do fine there.

Ricky can still move. He rushed for over 1,000 yards just 2 years ago, and surely would've done better last year if he got more carries and our o-line didn't blow at run blocking. I think Ricky will do fine there.

We have a pretty good O-Line and a punishing FB to help pave the way. I hope he can spell Rice as I am concerned about him wearing down towards the end of the season.

I hope the Chargers move to LA. I have an acquaintance that is one of those pick random teams from different cities and then shove it in your face fans. We all can't stand this guy most of the time so it would be awesome to see him lose his random team.

Steve Smith from the Giants signed with Philly. The Giants are getting stripped like a stolen car. I have no idea what they're doing. The fact Philly signed him hurts them even more.

I hope the Chargers move to LA. I have an acquaintance that is one of those pick random teams from different cities and then shove it in your face fans. We all can't stand this guy most of the time so it would be awesome to see him lose his random team.

Either they or the Raiders make the most sense all around. You wouldn't have to do any re-alignment, and there already are pre-existing huge fanbases for both teams in LA. If its Buffalo or Jacksonville, it becomes a bit more complicated. In the end, my money's on the Raiders. I've also heard the Rams are a possibility to go back as well.

Edited by MadDog2020

Steve Smith from the Giants signed with Philly. The Giants are getting stripped like a stolen car. I have no idea what they're doing. The fact Philly signed him hurts them even more.

fvck Steve Smith. Enjoy that championship-allergic city.

Isn't he still out post surgery? That is why the Giants didn't re-sign him.

Either they or the Raiders make the most sense all around. You wouldn't have to do any re-alignment, and there already are pre-existing huge fanbases for both teams in LA. If its Buffalo or Jacksonville, it becomes a bit more complicated. In the end, my money's on the Raiders. I've also heard the Rams are a possibility to go back as well.

The Vikings have also been a popular name, but supposedly these three teams have leases that are far too difficult to deal with to get them to LA. It sounds like the door is wide open for Oakland or SD to move though.

Isn't he still out post surgery? That is why the Giants didn't re-sign him.

Yeah, I heard he won't even be ready to practice til October