I need your help!

HellOnICE

Hey everyone.

We don't usually get into real identities here or what we do for a living. For me, now's a good time to break that wall. My name is Bobby Kruger, and I'm an actor.

Let me give you some background on me. I went to the Newhouse School at Syracuse University and studied broadcast journalism with the intention of going into the hockey media. I covered the Syracuse Crunch in 2004-2005 during the lockout, and worked the entire hockey event coverage at the 2006 Winter Olympics - even doing real-time stats for Pierre McGuire and being stationed right behind Doc and JD. Shortly after that, I decided I wanted to explore my love for drama and story telling. I graduated college and went right into a full time 2 year drama program. Since graduation I've been involved in a lot of different projects from musical theater to film. You can see my first reel here: www.bobbykruger.com

After meeting with a short film distributor and going over some career paths, I've decided the next step in my career is to produce my own film - with full intention of working the festival circuit. So I've partnered with a fellow writer/director and we are producing the follow up to his festival featured film - This Ruthless Efficiency. This Ruthless Efficiency

Our next project is TRUE WORK, a short drama about a group of people addicted to a mysterious drug. However, we need a little bit of financing so we can begin filming at our rented location on Long Beach Island. Filming is scheduled to go ahead on September 26 - with a cast and crew of about 20.

To finance the film - my partner and I are using Amazon's KICKSTARTER. If you have a second and want to read below, I'll show you how can you lend a hand.

All donations are super easy and come through Amazon.com - BUT here's the kicker: It's all or nothing. If we meet our goal, then we get all of the donations. BUT!...if we fail to meet our goal, we get zero and you won't get charged. (So let's not let that happen!) The all of nothing concept is a great incentive for us to keep on the ball.

This is the link for the Kickstarter:

Kickstart: True Work

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1169954723/true-work-a-new-short-by-kruger-pavlakis-films/widget/video.html

All of the information about the film is on the page - including a director's video. We are hoping to raise $3,400 to get this picture made. Any donation amount would help from $1 to $100 to...well, $3,400. Anything would help - and we even have some modest incentives on the right side of the page. In just 36 hours We have raised roughly 15% - so things are moving, but I have to keep pushing!

Thank you so much for reading this post. I know it's tough times out there, but any help would be so greatly appreciated by our entire cast and crew. If you have any questions or concerns about anything - please do not hesitate to ask me here or at bobby@bobbykruger.com

:koolaid:

Edited by HellOnICE

So where are you when I write about acting huh? Now all the sudden you want my help?

<_< actors... :rolleyes:

Wow Ppk I can't tell if you're being serious or not. I can't remember an acting discussion around here.

This project has a lot of potential, and could use anything anyone has to offer from $1 to whatever. It would be so helpful and appreciated. This is a talented cast and crew.

Haha! You don't read my posts do you :evil: I'm always equating hockey to acting. But I quit ages ago - I think I am officially booted from the unions now too - been on dues hiatus for over 5 years now i think -- then they kick you out until you sign another contract... I'm too lazy -- and happy :evil:

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

I worked in acting kind of. Yea I'm 17 but I do stuff at Haddonfield Plays and Players. Second oldest in the country I believe.

I will only donate if they lose the shaky cam... I kid I donated.

DM, Thanks so much. I saw the notification overnight. Thanks a billion.

BiB what kind of plays do you guys do in Haddonfield?...EDIT: Just checked the website, that's a helluva season in 2012.

Anyways we are climing slowly but surely, and again even $5 or $10 really helps. So for the price of a big bag of candy, or a movie, you can help make a festival bound film. Again here's the link - KickStart: True Work and please if there's any concerns or questions you have - do NOT hesitate to ask.

Have a great weekend.

Bobby

Edited by HellOnICE

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

I just built the set for the Little Whorehouse in Texas. I'll be on the next one in November if the Producer gets the job. Jesus Christ Superstar I think.

Well that's a helluva choice. I know a little about different programs, so let me know if you need any help checking it out.

I'm going to give this tread a bump. We've recently gotten to the 25% mark of the Kick Start, and gotta keep going. If there's anything you could give from a $1 to whatever...it would be very helpful. Again, for less than the price of a movie, or a beer, you could be helping us make a festival-bound picture. If anyone has questions, by all means. We plan on throwing a fundraising concert as well in early September.

We're trying to get more and more folks in tent, and we'd be happy to have anyone.

I'd be forever grateful.

Thanks

Bobby

Hey Bullet,

Thanks so much. What's your Rotten site? ARe you in the business at all?

Here's a link to my RT site, although everything I review on there gets posted in the Movies Thread, so if you follows my stuff there, it's the same thing, only with ratings.

My RT Site

As for being "in the biz", my brother is a working filmmaker and editor and I'm an aspiring movie critic, so I guess you could say I'd like to one day start writing for a publication. My brother hasn't done anything "mainstream" yet, as he's just a few days out of film school but he's an excellent editor and actually makes a living doing editing gigs here, there and everywhere. He's working on a few new scripts which I may lend a hand on, so when he starts casting for them, I'll keep you in mind!

Also, do you have a link to any of this director's previous work? Having a link or a trailer on the message I send out would go a long way in getting my readers to pitch in.

Again, good luck!

Here's a link to my RT site, although everything I review on there gets posted in the Movies Thread, so if you follows my stuff there, it's the same thing, only with ratings.

My RT Site

As for being "in the biz", my brother is a working filmmaker and editor and I'm an aspiring movie critic, so I guess you could say I'd like to one day start writing for a publication. My brother hasn't done anything "mainstream" yet, as he's just a few days out of film school but he's an excellent editor and actually makes a living doing editing gigs here, there and everywhere. He's working on a few new scripts which I may lend a hand on, so when he starts casting for them, I'll keep you in mind!

Also, do you have a link to any of this director's previous work? Having a link or a trailer on the message I send out would go a long way in getting my readers to pitch in.

Again, good luck!

Hey man, that's great.

Here's a link to the last film the writer/director and I did together: This Ruthless Efficiency - The Trailer is here:

Good to meet you on facebook too.

• 4 weeks later...