What was your first jersey?

Quinn01

I thought this would be funny and interesting to start up while there isnt much else going on.

My first jersey was from my uncles which was an away Brodeur jersey which I still have. I wore it every possibilities that I got so its all stained and one year for halloween I went as a "dead goalie" so there is fake blood on it also. I remember one day in school my banana burst in my backpack or something and ended up mashed on my back of the jersey and some girl was like "Whats on your back?" and I said proudly "Broduer!" when really it was mashed up nasty banana. :rolleyes:

I have alot of fun in that jersey though.

What were all of your first jerseys? Share a funny story about it if you have one also.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this in the other thread but my first jersey was a red John MacLean youth-sized jersey. My mom just recently found it in their attic and I will pick it up probably sometime this weekend. I got it around the time when they switched the colors so not sure if it is the retro red white and green or current red white and black. I am thinking it is the current color scheme but I will update when I actually see it.

Before that all I really had were those free ones they gave away on youth jersey nights at the arena. I remember getting those with the red white and green colors on them and would wear them out until the colors faded with each wash. If you think the free youth jerseys are terrible, you should have seen how they were back then. Plus the advertisement was usually much more noticable and I remember Carvel doing a lot of the sponsoring for them.

My dad and I also used to make our own homemade devils apparel too. My dad really wanted a solid black sweater with just a small Devils logo on the upper left chest. For some reason this didn't exist back in the day (about 93-97ish) so my mom went out and got a Devils hat and a solid black sweater. She would then cut out the Devils logo from the hate and sew it on to the black sweater. My mom actually did such a good job with it that it looked like the logo was embroidered on. My dad used to get asked all the time where he got that from by other fans at CAA and he would tell them that he made it himself and no one would believe him since it was that good. We also did the same thing for white and red sweaters and we also used to do the same thing for making other clothing that we wanted a Devils logo on.

Blank Red CCM from like 2001.. Got it for Christmas from my brother and I still wear it to away games

I'll also list my others (in order of purchase):

- Red Brodeur

- Red Colin226 (my avatar)

- White Elias

- Throwback Muller

- Red Kovalchuk

Next, I'll probably get a White Parise (assuming he signs long term) otherwise I'll probably look to get a blank CCM and get Stevens on it

I had a white Stevens jersey. I wore it for almost a decade, even after i practically had every signiture from the 06-07 team, the only one i didn't get was Marty's. <_<

But a soon as i got it signed by Scotty himself i had to hang it up. It will forever be the best jersey i've ever worn.

Edited by Unknown Soul

First Devils was a white red/green CCM from Gerry Cosby's at MSG in 1984. I was 10. Cosby was the Devils uniform and equipment supplier and i can remember to this day seeing the rack of vintage Devils in the old store in the MSG lobby.

First NHL jersey was sometime around 1981-82, a vintage Montreal Canadiens road jersey durene material with lace up neck.

Edited by SJP20

First Devils was a white red/green CCM from Gerry Cosby's at MSG in 1984. I was 10. Cosby was the Devils uniform and equipment supplier and i can remember to this day seeing the rack of vintage Devils in the old store in the MSG lobby.

First NHL jersey was sometime around 1981-82, a vintage Montreal Canadiens road jersey durene material with lace up neck.

Does Gerry Cosby's still sell Devils jerseys? I haven't been there in probably 12-15 years. Heard they moved too.

Blank red Reebok. Now the proud owner of a Parise, Brodeur, and Kovalchuk. Working on getting a retro Chico Resch for god knows what reason

My guess so you can feel just like him when you eat something at the Rock, especially Jimmy Buffs. Dammit i can taste that Jimmy Buff's goodness now.

My first was a blank white Devils jersey in 1995. I still have it. It has a hole on the back from when it got caught on a locker in high school. I wore it on 3 or my 4 high school picture days. My mom wasn't so pleased, but I'm glad all my old yearbooks have me in a Devils jersey. (I live in southern NY deep in Ranger country, so at the time I felt it was pretty rebellious of me, :giggle: )

Does Gerry Cosby's still sell Devils jerseys? I haven't been there in probably 12-15 years. Heard they moved too.

They do somewhat, but not as much as they did back in the day or used to.

Last time i saw what i considered a fair amount of devils jerseys, I walked in there before a Devils/Rangers game in 1998 and picked an authentic ultrafil CCM Mike Peluso red with Cup patch they had buried under a pile. Wore it right into the game lol.

They moved around the corner about a block away while MSG renovates.

Edited by SJP20

Great topic!

My first jersey had #44 Richer on the back, was red, which at time was the away color and was made by Starter. The funny story about the jersey was that I recieved it for the Christmas of 1995 and literally wore it once a week for the remained of that school year. Sadly, Richer got traded, I believe towards the end of the '96 season, so the jersey I had wanted for over a year was rendered obsolete a mere three months after I got it.

Still, I ended up wearing the snot of that jersey whenever playing street hockey and going to games but it sadly was only relevant for a short amount of time.

They do somewhat, but not as much as they did back in the day or used to.

Last time i saw what i considered a fair amount of devils jerseys, I walked in there before a Devils/Rangers game in 1998 and picked an authentic ultrafil CCM Mike Peluso red with Cup patch they had buried under a pile. Wore it right into the game lol.

They moved around the corner about a block away while MSG renovates.

Cool and yeah I figured they do not have as much as they are more Rangers-centric with their stuff and tend to sell more equipment than anything else.

Wish I could have gone in at around that time and saw that Peluso jersey. Was it in clearance or something?

Cool and yeah I figured they do not have as much as they are more Rangers-centric with their stuff and tend to sell more equipment than anything else.

Wish I could have gone in at around that time and saw that Peluso jersey. Was it in clearance or something?

I found it on a rack in the back on the side of the store where the cases full of jerseys are (left hand side). I forget how much i paid for it all these years later, though. I still have it and it remains one of my favorite authentics!

2399564480102523534S425x425Q85.jpg

2491038030102523534S425x425Q85.jpg