Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bekim

Which ex-Devil, right or wrong, do you just flat out miss?

52 posts in this topic

Really? We miss Gionta? I recall his constant shooting to the goalie's chest protector being a constant source of annoyance around here.

Retired: Obvious

Current: GOMEZ

That's right I miss Scott Gomez, I miss his skating with the puck through the neutral zone and his passing. He was a great Devil, deal with it.

I second Gomez...as hard as it is to say; his skill set would be very nice to add to this roster.

I don't think there's anyway he follows up last year's totals with similar output; he's still too young and too talented to fall off the map.

Really? We miss Gionta? I recall his constant shooting to the goalie's chest protector being a constant source of annoyance around here.

Retired: Obvious

Current: GOMEZ

That's right I miss Scott Gomez, I miss his skating with the puck through the neutral zone and his passing. He was a great Devil, deal with it.

Whats Gomers current situation? Last I heard, there were rumors of him being sent down to the minors if the Habs couldnt unload him on someone else. :noclue:

My guess is the Canadiens are trying to convince one of these teams:

http://www.capgeek.com/charts_floor.php

That 3 years of scott gomez at a 7.3 million cap hit (and roughly 5 million salary a year) is a smart move for them. But I don't see it happening after the year he had last year. I think the Canadiens are stuck with him.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

If the Canadiens hold onto Gomez for one more year then they'll be able to move him pretty easily, I'm guessing. So it would be hard to sacrifice a lot when next year they probably won't have to sacrifice anything.

Well, I miss Stevens the most as he was my favorite Devil ever, but if there's one person I wish was just coming up in our system, it would be a 19 year old Scott Niedermayer.

Obviously Mogilny and Lemiuex

I won't ever forgive Bruce Driver for signing with the Rags...but he was a very steady, underappreciated defenseman for a long time. Blocked shots, played physical, decent offensive punch. Just a winning player top to bottom.

John Madden fo sho! I miss Brian Gionta too since he was always willing to get in front of the net. And of course the usual suspects like Stevens, Nieds, Lemieux. I also kinda liked Brad Lukowich.

Stevens

Crowder

Peluso

Oliwa

Oliwa, nice. I did kinda miss him. But, so goes the way of the NHL enforcer. None of em stick around for an entire career with one team.

I might be the only one, but I always like Friesen. I was happy he scored the big goal vs Ottawa in 03. One of the most real celebrations after a GWG too, wasnt really sure if he should celebrate or not. Was sad to see him go.

I would have to say in my shorter time as a devils fan. I think it's really just a bunch of those guys from 03. Lol. I was 13 and I remember following the team like crazy. I really kind of had a soft spot for Friesen and Langenbrunner. Also kind of liked Cory Schwab. That whole 03 team I remember thinking was awesome. But those guys for some reason I just kind of remember. Also after his last season definitely Holik.

I had thought I missed the Holik who wanted to be a Devil ... But he had nothing to offer on his return.

You just can't miss people. What's done is done. What you get the second time round is anyone's guess. Things just happen at their own time. I miss Zachary Parise, Marty Brodeur, Tallinder. I miss the guys I'm going to see soon enough luckily. I just can't think any other way about it for some reason. Fun to read about though!

Thinking about Gomez - he'd suck here now. He doesn't want to be here. I'd love to miss him but he's not the guy I miss. That guy was a character I made up inmy head :):noclue:

Zach. Yep iPhone autocorrect. I hate that!

Edited by Pepperkorn

Stevens. Hands down. Avery would be a rolling around in a Gucci wheelchair and pissing in a Calvin Klein catheter right now if Scotty was around for his clown antics.

This could be, quite simply, the finest thing I've read in probably a week. Well played, sir!

Not to take the humor away -- but I hope players realize Avery would be too cowed to even TRY his antics. And more importantly he'd never get. Stupid breakaway. Stevens time would hardly be waited on the ice with the scrub fora other thing. But whoever WAS on icewould know where to be to keep the little shut in check. Plus Avery would be too busy drooling over Scotty to play even. <_<

Wtf. I hate iPhones. Seriously. Feck editing this sh!te

Edited by Pepperkorn

retired - rafalski, stevens

current - gionta

I can't sleep I just want this hurricane to be done with so I know what's going on with my family. And i hope my sisters ex husbands boat floated away... <_< and he forgot his last insurance payment

Stevens, not even a question. It hasn't been the same since he retired.

Scott Stevens (favorite retired player I miss) and Mad Dog as the non-retired player I miss the most. But both those guys are what the Devils were/are all about.