NJDevs "Fanatsy" - Smack talk

aylbert

You'd be annoyed too if you were becoming the Andy Reid of this board :lol:

2005 - lost in the semis of red's league to CRASHER

2008 - lost in the semis here

2009 - lost in the semis again

2010 - lost in the championship thanks to a Turner fumble on the one-yard line

2011 - probably losing in the semis again, after having the best team all year

I'm never having a team this good again in a competitive league like this (or healthy, since I 'only' lost DMC but had Bush insurance), that much I know :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

To be fair, the main difference is I wasn't really the favorite those other years. Last year I was on my fifth string QB and second string TE and still nearly won. Yahoo listed me as like a 25-point favorite this week, so much for that :lol:

Oh well, I could still get a miracle tonight, but I either need 80+ with 2 TD's from.Wallace or 140+ with one.

Edited by NJDevs4978

btw Manta, Schaub's on IR officially so he's not eligible to be kept by you. UDX will still have his rights for whatever round draft pick he selected him in (I'll probably do the list Monday night like last year)...unless he ceded that right when he dropped him as opposed to using his IR slot, then nobody can keep him I think.

Peyton's a different animal cause technically I don't think he's on IR but it'd be a bad taste to have ayl be able to keep him for a 15th rounder when the complaining about someone else doing it earlier in the season largely kept people away from him. Plus he really hasn't played at all this year. But CRASHER can rule on that one, or maybe we'll change the rule this offseason if people have half the interest in it now the way they did the first two weeks :P

Lloyd OTOH is a good re-pick up. I was thinking of snagging him myself (just to keep someone else from vulturing him for a 15th) but had nobody to drop and playoff games to play.

Edited by NJDevs4978

You'd be annoyed too if you were becoming the Andy Reid of this board :lol:

2005 - lost in the semis of red's league to CRASHER

2008 - lost in the semis here

2009 - lost in the semis again

2010 - lost in the championship thanks to a Turner fumble on the one-yard line

2011 - probably losing in the semis again, after having the best team all year

I'm never having a team this good again in a competitive league like this (or healthy, since I 'only' lost DMC but had Bush insurance), that much I know :P

It was a Vick rushing touchdown that sealed the deal FYI :lol:

Peyton's a different animal cause technically I don't think he's on IR but it'd be a bad taste to have ayl be able to keep him for a 15th rounder when the complaining about someone else doing it earlier in the season largely kept people away from him. Plus he really hasn't played at all this year. But CRASHER can rule on that one, or maybe we'll change the rule this offseason if people have half the interest in it now the way they did the first two weeks :P

The season is ending soon....make your recommendations and we will VOTE on it as a WHOLE....I'm not pulling that gestapo crap and saying it's gotta be my way :P

I'd also like to push for bonuses for 100 yards rushing/receiving and 300 yard passing games....

and I was toying around an idea with Brian about a "rookie round draft"....but not sure how that would work.......

I fully agree that it's shallow and wrong to try to keep Peyton Manning... I picked him back up when it was clear I was out and no longer needed the depth. However, I think I am rightfully due Peyton Manning at a 15th round if I chose to, because that's the rulebook we had - and when I argued Manning should be eliminated from the keeper pool - I was shot down. I gave everyone else the opportunity to snag him - and no one did for several weeks. It's a shady way to get Manning - and the football gods would likely frown upon it; but it should be legal for this season and banned upon a rule review. (and once again, I think during the season was a perfect time to review offseason moves)

I do have an interesting keeper list for next year... and adding Reggie Wayne for a 15th just makes it more interesting. So it's likely a non-issue; but could be.

I'd also like to push for bonuses for 100 yards rushing/receiving and 300 yard passing games....

and I was toying around an idea with Brian about a "rookie round draft"....but not sure how that would work.......

100 is too low... in my other yahoo league we award +5 for 150yards receiving or rushing... (not yards from scrimmage so like 80 yds rec / 70 rushing wouldn't get a bonus)

300 is fine for QB passing I think... although, maybe it should 350/400 given how passing is going with Brees, Rodgers, etc.

A rookie draft would be fun, I think that should go in reverse order of finish... maybe give like a 2 or 3 yr keeper on it and bump up the roster 1 spot to allow for development of a rookie? just a thought.

100 is too low... in my other yahoo league we award +5 for 150yards receiving or rushing... (not yards from scrimmage so like 80 yds rec / 70 rushing wouldn't get a bonus)

300 is fine for QB passing I think... although, maybe it should 350/400 given how passing is going with Brees, Rodgers, etc.

A rookie draft would be fun, I think that should go in reverse order of finish... maybe give like a 2 or 3 yr keeper on it and bump up the roster 1 spot to allow for development of a rookie? just a thought.

100 yards is the gold standard for a good game which is why I thought of it....I'd not object to the passing one being 350 either....

and yeah it was what I was thinking....give a lil help to the guy who had the crap year...let him get first crack at the hot rookie (though I dunno if I'd had take Newton first in the rookie round this year).....my thoughts (and these are up to changes)..... rookies drafted in the rookie draft are NOT keeper-eligible (unless you cut them and someone else picks them up), after the rookie round, rookies can not be drafted for the rest of the draft....but like I said, it's a passing idea which I think has potential

It was a Vick rushing touchdown that sealed the deal FYI :lol:

There was no way Vick wasn't getting enough points against the cruddy Vikings to win it for you, I was amazed I was still in the lead midway through the fourth quarter. Hell, Vick scored fewer points than your boy Tebow that week, which is more than I could have asked for. But a one-yard play being an eight-point difference from your top RB the night before was a lot more galling.

I think it's fine the way it is with people jumping to pick Daniel Thomas in the fourth round :whistling: It shows what kind of value people put on first-year players, which can be a guessing game and add a wild card element to the draft as much as anything else. Plus we have enough parity here we don't need to infuse more with a rookie draft...something like five different players have won in five years, six for six if dr or Clown win.

Edited by NJDevs4978

100 yards is the gold standard for a good game which is why I thought of it....I'd not object to the passing one being 350 either....

A good game, yes... but I think if we're doing the bump in points for a game it should be for a great game. Then again, it really depends how many points you are giving for the feat. 2pts vs 5 pts, etc.

A good game, yes... but I think if we're doing the bump in points for a game it should be for a great game. Then again, it really depends how many points you are giving for the feat. 2pts vs 5 pts, etc.

I was thinking 2-3 points

And it's VALUE vs. dr in the NJDevs bowl...good luck to you both. Congrats VALUE - no Jackson or AJ and you still put up the highest total among the four semifinalists.

Next year's so far away already :P

Rodgers had his most pedestrian game of the season but a 31 point performance by my backup defense sends me to the finals. Thank you Mr. Hanie for being terrible. 3rd time this year that my defense has given me a W.

btw Manta, Schaub's on IR officially so he's not eligible to be kept by you. UDX will still have his rights for whatever round draft pick he selected him in (I'll probably do the list Monday night like last year)...unless he ceded that right when he dropped him as opposed to using his IR slot, then nobody can keep him I think.

Lloyd OTOH is a good re-pick up. I was thinking of snagging him myself (just to keep someone else from vulturing him for a 15th) but had nobody to drop and playoff games to play.

Just doing some additional holiday futures shopping. Schaub would have been my back-up, but lets what happens in the offseason.

I'd be good for those... or something similar. I agree on the amount of points bonus to determine the yardage level. In my other league it steps 100 = 2, another 2 if you hit 200, same for QB's 300 = 2pts and another 2 if you hit 400 & 500.

No likey. Especially being limited to "only drafting a rookie during the rookie round" I think we all value rookies potential well enough and draft them throughout the rounds accordingly. I'd be pretty pissed if a rookie I wanted got snatched up in he "rookie rd" before I could get em.

I do have an interesting keeper list for next year... and adding Reggie Wayne for a 15th just makes it more interesting. So it's likely a non-issue; but could be.

Oh, yeah, keep Wayne, he kicked MY ass this year, THAT's for sure!!

As far as Manning goes, as dirty and filthy as it is, I guess he's a 15th, since he was dropped and available for anyone. Especially since efforts to try to Brady Rule him were squashed. dontknow.gif

No likey. Especially being limited to "only drafting a rookie during the rookie round" I think we all value rookies potential well enough and draft them throughout the rounds accordingly. I'd be pretty pissed if a rookie I wanted got snatched up in he "rookie rd" before I could get em.

Standings as they are, you'd draft 5th anyway in the rookie round B )

and I think it's a neat way to balance things out so the bottom-feeders get a shot at a decent player without screwing up the whole system in the process

Standings as they are, you'd draft 5th anyway in the rookie round cool.gif

and I think it's a neat way to balance things out so the bottom-feeders get a shot at a decent player without screwing up the whole system in the process

Not that anyone would... but if it's a straight reverse pick - doesn't that create incentive to tank it once you are elminated from the playoffs? Maybe if we have a provision that you have to remain competivie (start a full line up..) or our own lottery system... lol

Not that anyone would... but if it's a straight reverse pick - doesn't that create incentive to tank it once you are elminated from the playoffs? Maybe if we have a provision that you have to remain competivie (start a full line up..) or our own lottery system... lol

Well one thing I thought NFL should do....if you're tied with someone head to head for the draft pick, and you WON the head to head matchup....you get the better pick (but then again history says, the awful teams tend to be AWFUL and they tank with a FULL line-up in them)

....the only wacky thing I can think of is to use the seeding from the consolation playoffs, but that rewards the team that just missed the playoffs and had a good team as well.....

....the only wacky thing I can think of is to use the seeding from the consolation playoffs, but that rewards the team that just missed the playoffs and had a good team as well.....

That's actually a good idea... it makes the consolation playoffs worth something. And it's not like the draft pick is used to "restock" a team like a real team... we all redraft new teams each (less the single keeper).

Even if we don't do a rookie draft; I think we should award something to the consolation winner other than 'pride' of course. Maybe something like +2 or +3 to your "choice" to pick in the draft? I don't think they should automatically be awarded 2nd choice though unless by chance they drew 3-6, etc.

Standings as they are, you'd draft 5th anyway in the rookie round B )

Still no likey. If there's a rook out there worth haven, YOU gotta determine where he will fall to and snag 'em when you think it is appropriate.... then reap the rewards ... or eat the goat.

Edited by Masked Fan

Still no likey. If there's a rook out there worth haven, YOU gotta determine where he will fall to and snag 'em when you think it is appropriate.... then reap the rewards ... or eat the goat.

I actually agree with Masked...it'd take away some of the unpredictability and margin of error of the main draft. Plus what happens after the season starts when the rookie proves useless or not needed, can you not replace him on the roster or only replace him with another rookie? I don't get reserving two or three spots in a non-dynasty league for rookies.

Besides, looking back over the draft quickly it's not as if rookies were a priority anyway. These were the ten rookie picks I found (and only half of them were at least somewhat useful):

3 - Daniel Thomas

4 - Mark Ingram

6 - Julio Jones

10 - A.J. Green, Delonte Carter

12 - Kendall Hunter, Roy Helu

13 - DeMarco Murray

14 - Cam Newton

15 - Alex Henery

It'll be interesting to see how the vote turns out whether to even have it.

Even if we don't do a rookie draft; I think we should award something to the consolation winner other than 'pride' of course. Maybe something like +2 or +3 to your "choice" to pick in the draft? I don't think they should automatically be awarded 2nd choice though unless by chance they drew 3-6, etc.

I also like the total randomization of the draft the way it is, but if you're going to give anyone a choice, give the league winner first choice the way I do in the hockey league and then everyone else gets randomized. It gives you something to actually 'win' besides the trophy on your Yahoo! profile :P

Or I suppose if you want to redo the draft lottery to give the non-playoff teams an edge, you can have 'two' drawings, one for the six non-playoff teams for the top six 'choices' of draft position then the second for the playoff teams and the bottom six choices. But really it shouldn't matter that much since it's a snake draft every position gets evened out. And people like CRASHER, VALUE and Clown are going to divebomb to the back of the first round anyway regardless of where they get selected in the draft order.

Edited by NJDevs4978

...I don't get reserving two or three spots in a non-dynasty league for rookies.

Besides, looking back over the draft quickly it's not as if rookies were a priority anyway. These were the ten rookie picks I found (and only half of them were at least somewhat useful):

It'll be interesting to see how the vote turns out whether to even have it.

That's largely why I think if we were to do a rookie draft... it couldn't be for one season. First year impact rookies are hard to judge. By year 2 or 3, they blossom or bust. Being a birds fan, I knew LeSean McCoy would be good once he got out of Westbrook's shadow and got into the plays more...

A multi-year, rookie draft is a bit complicated for our league though... but I still like the idea of something to play for in the consolation bracket.

Or I suppose if you want to redo the draft lottery to give the non-playoff teams an edge, you can have 'two' drawings, one for the six non-playoff teams for the top six 'choices' of draft position then the second for the playoff teams and the bottom six choices.

This would probably be fine.

Since the title game's decided already, might as well post the finalized keeper lists. Anyone with a strikethrough was kept last year and thus ineligible for keeping this year. Everyone should look at their team before the end of the season in case I somehow missed something (did this mostly the other day when I was laid up lol):

New Jersey Swamps

Romo – 3rd

Sanchez – 15th (FA)

McFadden

Bush – 8th

Wells – 4th

Jones-Drew – 1st

D. Brown – 15th

Wallace – 2nd

Harvin – 7th

Holmes – 5th

Daniels – 6th