Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
swampdevil

Steven Stamkos , Patrick Kane , Tim Thomas at Rock today

17 posts in this topic

Filming commercial at practice rink for NBC right now....somebody needs to throw a Devils jersey on Stamkos !

There's approximately 17 NHL players there between yesterday and today filming commercials, including Parise.

Edited by cj241

this pisses me off

then you seriously get angry too easily :P

i have high hopes for this commercial actually.....three of the best americans assuming parise is involved and one canadian....snds like a fun set-up to me

Was at the box office earlier. Film crew activity outside but could not get a glimps through the shades of the practice rink.

im not totally off the roof(now I know Parise was in it).

NHL superstars filming a commercial IN NJ..AT the Rock...and no Devils in it? You make the excuse of no superstars or legends(Marty, Kovalchuk, Parise).

but now i know parise was in it.

I'm pretty thin-skinned with NHL matters, but to get upset about this seems pretty damn ridiculous..

I'm pretty thin-skinned with NHL matters, but to get upset about this seems pretty damn ridiculous..

Im not understanding why anyone is getting upset either. :rolleyes:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=2497

After one day at the NHL's annual Player Media Tour, 34 different players from 28 different teams have made rounds with the media both at the League's offices in midtown Manhattan and at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

In Newark, Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane were some of the players who sat down for interviews with NBC, while several others filmed promos for NHL Network.

On Friday, the media tour will wrap up with the players who spent Thursday in Newark switching places with those in New York City. As those players continue to run through the media gauntlet tomorrow, so will NHL.com. Be sure to come back Friday for even more comprehensive coverage as well as up to the minute updates from our Player Media Tour blog.

The spot sounds like a promo about the next generation of hockey stars, Brodeur is the old generation and Kovy is not a star player outside of Newark. MSG is undoing construction so the Rock is the next best place, which is great.

Better The Rock and Newark get the $$$ as opposed to some other NHL team/city

What money exactly do the Devils or Newark get out of this?

The spot sounds like a promo about the next generation of hockey stars, Brodeur is the old generation and Kovy is not a star player outside of Newark. MSG is undoing construction so the Rock is the next best place, which is great.

Stop trying to be an attention whore

I thought Devils and the city own the rink - you have to rent space to film... Maybe the Devils would donate the space...ya think? or maybe the NHL would name the space to film to bring some revenue to the club... I'm just sayin'