Stevens announcement tomorrow?

centralnj

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ideal situation: The Devils keep denying that Stevens is coming back. Then, game 3 against Philly, Nieds is wearing the A, but Stevens is not out for warmups. Then, you hear a huge thumping coming down the tunnel, and out comes SUPER-STEVENS clad in metal body armor and stuff! That would be awesome!

stevens has been out because he has been embroiled in a legal dispute involving alleged paternity.....damning DNA evidence has been brought against him....it has been proven with 99.999% certainty that SCOTT STEVENS IS THE DADDY OF THE ENTIRE PHILADELPHIA FLYERS HOCKEY TEAM

I know I am in the minority, but I hope Stevens stays on the shelf. He hasn't skated with the team in months and is bound to be, ah, rusty. We won the Jennings with Stevens on the shelf, and althougth I know he is our Captain, All Star and a warrior, I liie our chances with what we have.

Let the flogging of me begin!

well <_< supposing there IS in fact an announcement, it seems more likely it would be something like he'll start practicing with the team but want's it to be clear this doesn't guarantee a first round come back -- or even a second round come back -- it just the next most logical step in the road to his possible (not probably mind you) return.

This would be in keeping with everything thus far. Stevens doesn't strike me as the kind to announce his retirement before the playoffs start -- not after dicking around all last half. Just a touch too mellodramatic to me. Cause that cancelling the press conference wasn't mellodrama much :rolleyes:

Guest Devsrule

I heard the same thing coming back home.

Hopefully if he does return it will have a greater impact then Rafalskis return. :argh:

I find it ironic that after delivering concussion causing hits, Stevens might retire because of a concussion.

WHen you play hard, it opens up many opportunities to get injured. Stevens always played hard, he just never spoke up when he was injured. Lord only knows how many concussions Stevens has suffered in the past. He delivered many crushing hits. Remember though, to deliver crushing hits, you have to absorb a lot of punnishment, which is not easy on the body.

But yes, the irony IS there.

The ideal situation: The Devils keep denying that Stevens is coming back. Then, game 3 against Philly, Nieds is wearing the A, but Stevens is not out for warmups. Then, you hear a huge thumping coming down the tunnel, and out comes SUPER-STEVENS clad in metal body armor and stuff! That would be awesome!

hahahahaha

Puddy, I haven't laughed that hard at this message board in a long time. That was awesome.

I was imagining the same scenario.. but with that music that u hear at the opening of the Bruins and Flyer games.. its like that opera sounding music... its in a lot of commercials... ok this was a dumb post.. no one knows what i am talking about.. sorry... I should have deleted.. but I am not... It sounds great in my head.. but there are no words i dont think so i cant sing to u...