Coach’s style, unbalanced lines could prompt another slow start

Rock

I think that his prediction is off - it won't be status quo - things will all be different so Kovalchuk scoring isn't any lone factor of import.

1) The season has to be used as it was meant to be used - preparation. No pressing from anyone.

2) No looking at the score board as a bottom line. It's a measure only -- not you're objective.

2) Success needs to be ignored as much as failure in the regular season. The sensation of control and flow need to be the main focus.

3) Identity needs to be established - again this has to be independent of win-lose record. The team is about hockey Hockey.

4) It needs to be understood - when someone says "we need this win" it's not for the WIN per se -- it's for the sensation and affirmation that you are in control and your opponents aren't controlling your game.

The Ugly goal.... the it wasn't pretty but we got the win.... - these phrases need to be understood more clearly. This does not mean Boy I got lucky! I was sh!t out of position and fvcked myself royally but the hockey gods were there for me. That's TOTAL UTTER BULLsh!t AND WILL NOT WIN A CUP. Those phrases are supposed to mean you had to work your ass off to STAY IN POSITION. It means you faced a tough team and you had to WORK to win. There was no room for finesse it had to be bare bones hockey by the book. THAT is a fvcking ugly goal - and ugly win - not fvckING AROUND AND PULLING BULLsh!t OUT OF YOUR ASS. You need to say you didn't deserve a win - not that a win is all that counts. <_< losers... anyhow...

There are just really simple things that haven't been happening - the words are always there but the correct intent and meaning is not behind them. I'm rreeeeeally tired of it. :urg:

Edited by Pepperkorn