njdevil26

GDT: Philadelphia Flyers @ New Jersey Devils 7pm

285 posts in this topic

Time for the PSE&G powerless play!!!!

Come on, ...just one, ... pleaseeeeee!!!!!! :burn:

so im pissed but come on... we're playing our first game with a new coach/system against a really good team who already played a game and with a top goalie

That sounds like something you could have cut and pasted from last October.

Edited by SJP20

That sounds like something you could have cut and pasted last October, too.

i actually did

Not for nothing -- Kovalchuk and Palmieri both -3. ugh

Are people starting to realize Palmieri is not as good as people think he is? He's terrible! He had a couple good games during the Johnny Mac reign and if you remember.. Jason Arnott was our point leader for awhile... Lol

oh boy, we are really bad. It's going to be a long season.

I have to say this performance falls on DeBoer. The team simply was not ready to play any NHL team tonight. That falls on the coach.

This team is stupid and undisciplined, that falls on the coach.

Am I missing something? Did we already play 20 games this season? I realize they've played like sh!t tonight but it's 1 freakin' game.

The overreactions are always priceless.

Yea, its the first game. As horrible as it went, we have 81 to go.

First time EVER the Devils have been shut out in a season opener.

Am I missing something? Did we already play 20 games this season? I realize they've played like sh!t tonight but it's 1 freakin' game.

The overreactions are always priceless.

Again like unknown poster indicated this post is like numerous others after opening night last year.

Welp, guess the Nucks season is over too.

Edited by nmigliore

oh boy, we are really bad. It's going to be a long season.

I have to say this performance falls on DeBoer. The team simply was not ready to play any NHL team tonight. That falls on the coach.

That's exactly right. Not ready to jump off a building just yet, but that was far and away the worst the Devils have looked outta the gate in the last 10 years. Def doesn't do anything for a fans confidence.

I thought the Flyers were reaqlly tough as NAILs. The Devils made me want to YAKupov.

haha. :D I'm all for it. Though, might make it hard to resign Parise if we look like we're in line for Yakupov come new years. :P

Here is the thing. losing to the flyers, maybe not a huge deal. But the way we played today... disgusting. we had maybe 1 chance to score a goal. The Sykora shot at the end of the 2nd. We had no traffic in front, we looked small, and it looked like a calm and composed win by the flyers. Brodeur looked good IMO.

Can only get better, right????? :pray:

Well it could stay the same, but I don't see how they could play much worse.

Playing without Zajac is hurting us more than playing without any other Devils im pretty sure

Here is the thing. losing to the flyers, maybe not a huge deal. But the way we played today... disgusting. we had maybe 1 chance to score a goal. The Sykora shot at the end of the 2nd. We had no traffic in front, we looked small, and it looked like a calm and composed win by the flyers. Brodeur looked good IMO.

That's how I saw it as well.

I think Kovalchuk is going to need better linemates. Palmieri and Zubrus were invisible out there. Kovy has adjusted his game to a less selfish style since moving from Atlanta (not night and day, but there is definitely a difference), and that means he needs linemates that can actually do something out there.

Kovalchuk not have Zajac to play with hurts if they won't put another skilled player out there with him.

As a small adjustment to the lines, try Tedenby on RW with Kovalchuk, move Palmieri down to 3rd or 4th line. Palmieri needs to learn to use his body better anyway.

I know people like to run around like headless chickens after a couple games when the season begins, but can we give it like 20 games before going too overboard? That's the only point I'm trying to make.

I think Kovalchuk is going to need better linemates. Palmieri and Zubrus were invisible out there. Kovy has adjusted his game to a less selfish style since moving from Atlanta (not night and day, but there is definitely a difference), and that means he needs linemates that can actually do something out there.

Kovalchuk not have Zajac to play with hurts if they won't put another skilled player out there with him.

Agreed! Josefson is a much better option than Zubrus. Tedenby should be the other winger. The Devils have to go with what they've got and those two swedes are the closest thing they have to top 6 material. Palmieri doesn't even belong on this team.

I know people like to run around like headless chickens after a couple games when the season begins, but can we give it like 20 games before going too overboard? That's the only point I'm trying to make.

Jmac?!? Who let you on here?!?

I don't think anyone went "too overboard".