Clarkson baffled about being tossed for...fighting

Legion15

“I have no idea why I got the extra two minutes,” Clarkson said. “I asked (Simmonds to fight) and he said no, then dropped his gloves and grabbed me. He didn’t do anything dirty, but to give me an extra two minutes, I’d like that to be explained to me. I don’t understand that. Then I made a comment to (the referee) about that and he kicked me out.”

Yeah after that BS I would have wanted an explanation too. Who cares if he has an A or a C on his jersey - ANYONE should be allowed to question the ref for clarification on a call made against them with NO retaliatory additional penalization from the ref. Sorry, bunch of you will probably jump on the "Clarkson is a goon" band wagon but he's totally right on this one, Simmonds pulled some class A bull$h!t here saying no to a fight then pulling a cheapshot and dropping the gloves and the ref of course would say "I only saw what happened after that so I have to call it that way". yeah , likely story, zebra. :rolleyes: We played bad, but the Flyers as usual got away with a hell of a lot of crap in that game.

Devils' David Clarkson baffled about why he was tossed for fighting

I would also like to know what happened. Clarkson looked really stupid on this play. He gets into a lot of altercations where he's the only willing party. Then he's yelling at every ref on the ice. When the pull him back out of the penalty box he's trying to go at two refs and another Flyer. On top of that, Simmonds kind of dropped him on his ass. I get that he was trying to get some energy for the team... but jesus.