Guest Devsrule

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who deserves the most blame

• -Burns
    • -Lou
    • -Devils offense
    • -defense
    • -Brodeur

Does it matter whos fault it is? i personally blame stevens but it doesnt work that way now does it?

this is a TEAM...blame goes to the whole team, not one certain person or group of persons...

True I can't blame any one in particular though Marty stands out because he was supposed to be our strong link and he hasn't been.

That said, has it occured to anyone that maybe this team just isn't good enough this year? Teams don't always lose cause they suck or have no heart you know, sometimes the other team's just better. Or that they're fried after playing 106 games last year and 84 this year? Madden among others has been complaining that all the close games are going to take a toll sooner or later well maybe they are, especially with the way we play and our limited talent. Look at Marty, a combined 173 games in these last two years. Plus, even as great as Lou is, you lose a Stevens, a Nieuwendyk, a Daneyko; that's a LOT of veteran leadership out the door. That doesn't get replaced overnight.

I repeat, you really should change your username. "Devsrule" doesn't seem fitting enough for someone who gives up on their team so quickly and so often.

But to answer your question -- I wouldn't pin the blame on one player. I'd blame a couple.

For instance, Marty, the entire defense (minus Colin White, the only bright spot in our D), Jeff Friesen...

Lou he should have gotten some talent for the offense and another defenseman.

He had all season to see what was going on with this team.

This is not Stevens fault fo being MIA.

Marty isn't the edge he could no should have won a game.

Burns ahould have worked on the PP and offense but maybe he doesn't know how. He has always had teams with sh!tty PP. He is a defensive coach.

All combinations lead to a poor series so far.

Help is on the way.

Always Burns. Changing lines during odd man rushes. Playing 3 men behind the net during a power play. Not passing from the halfboard to the high slot. Choosing to back pass instead of headmanning. If I didn't think I was boring everyone on this board for the hundredth time on this issue, I'd go on about this with about 10 more points on offense. He needs an OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR!!!!!!

I think Burns has done a fantastic job just getting us here. We are not a 100 point team, but here we are.

The majority of the blame has to go to Marty who is making Esche look great.

We have to have more scoring than just HRDINA!!!!

Where is Madden and Pando's offense from last year???

Guest Devsrule

Madden was a fluke, Friesen and Langs are just not performing well offensively.

Madden was a fluke, Friesen and Langs are just not performing well offensively.

Maybe his offense was, but his overall play has just been bad this year.

Personally if Burns plays 5 non physical d against the flyers again in game 3 i will go and bash him over the head with a stick myself....

Edited by Sarge18

Personally I blame the whole team. Yeah some guys are doing okay but they are a team and if one player is doing bad those who are doing good should be there to motivate him. This is a team sport, we win as a team and lose as a team. They need to get their shiza together and start being the devils I know they are. This team has no superstars and they were built that wat b/c this is a team sport not a one man game. They need to go into every game pretending they are down 2-0 and play physical and with on thing on their mind.........TO WIN!!!!!!!!!

forget scotty, forget igor, forget burns, just get their arses out there put the puck in the net hit someone and win the damn game......

How are you going to blame Lou? It seems all you do is complain about him. This isn't Colorado or Detroit, there isn't a revolving door of players and you can pick whomever you like.

The team has to accept respondsiblity as a whole. They can beat this team, but have been playing too sloppily to do so.