Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StormJosh

DiPietro out Indefintely

39 posts in this topic

DiPietro's career might be one of the most tragic and depressing stories ever, if not for the fact that he's still getting paid millions of dollars each year even while he's not playing. Still, definitely feel for the guy and especially the Isles who thought they had an elite goalie on their hands. DiPietro may go down as the most injured professional athlete of all time.

I can't confirm but some people are saying it was a Rolston slapshot during practice that hit him. Solid deal for the Isles

I can't confirm but some people are saying it was a Rolston slapshot during practice that hit him. Solid deal for the Isles

That would imply that the shot was on net.....

hahaha

You're assuming DiPietro was in the net, Rolston shooting might mean he was in the corner warming up.

While riding the train I bursted out into laughter after reading this.

Its more likely that DiPietro was just standing 5 feet from the net

That poor guy really can not catch a break.

Haha he's getting 4.5 mil a year to play some hockey once in a while then hang out at his house.

Take it easy on the guy, its tragic, not funny. I was at the pre-season game he started and I cringed everytime there was a pile-up around him for this reason.

And say what will about the length of his contract, it set the standard post lockout.

I'm not making fun of his contract. I'm more saying good for him! If he had absolutely no injury problems, he'd be possibly the best bargain for a goalie in the league. He's a fantastic goalie...

I just having a hard time feeling bad for him with the money he's making that's all I'm saying. If his checks stopped clearing because he was hurt.. I'd feel bad.

it is kinda messed up considering goalies can have a high risk of getting hurt that I'd think it unusual these days to sign one, good as he may be, to a really long lock-in contract. It'd be a big liability if they have to keep paying a guy that always has injuries and can't allocate that money to somewhere more beneficial to the team. Not saying anyone could have really foresaw this...

I'm sure the money is nice (no tears shed there), but some injuries you never turly recover from and I'm guessing some of his qualify.

If anything, I admire the drive to try and continue years into this and likey always playing w/ pain. At some point, it aint just to collect a paycheck.

Soon I think we'll see him opening a restaurant somewhere haha.

The Islanders have to be relieved - DiPietro isn't any good now anyway. Just wait for the inevitable injury and put him on the sidelines once again.

I'm not making fun of his contract. I'm more saying good for him! If he had absolutely no injury problems, he'd be possibly the best bargain for a goalie in the league. He's a fantastic goalie...

I just having a hard time feeling bad for him with the money he's making that's all I'm saying. If his checks stopped clearing because he was hurt.. I'd feel bad.

The money must be nice, I but I was more referring to the fact that he has the talent to live his dream and he just can't stop getting hurt.

But 4.5 million would be amazing to have once, let alone every year for 15 years, haha.

You can't spell IR with out d-I-p-i-e-t-R-o

I think you did it backwards...

i don't see how this is funny

It sucks that it happened again for this guy. Nice guy, just can't stay healthy.

But I mean, it just HAD to be a Brian freaking Rolston shot. I laughed at that part pretty hard. We ship this useless sack of sh!t across the river, and not only does he probably hurt their roster overall, but actually manages to knock out their #1 goalie.

Tragic but just...it's just too perfect, in a sadistic way.

Sad. The guy is good if he can stay on the ice.

Not as bad as Lindros, though. That guy had a HoF career cut short.