Josefson out 3-4 months.

ghdi

Thought i'd throw my thoughts in on a timetable for returning... i've broken my right clavicle too in just about the same fashion and it took me about 8 months to come back including rehab. It really all depends on how bad it's broken and where its broken. You hope for a clean break (which i did not have) and you hope it's in the middle of the bone. If it's in the middle, it'll heal faster with no surgery required (most of the time). If it's anywhere near the ends of the bone (closer to the neck or close to the shoulder; more often then not surgery is required and it takes more time to heal and rehab. But these guys are also professionally trained athletes or (excuse the lack of a better word), 'beasts'. Even the smaller NHL players like say Josefson are not mere men like us regular joes. When i broke mine i could barely skate off the rink on my own power cause my body was in such shock. Josefson skated off basically by himself, these guys are just made different. So in my opinion, he'll prolly be back around 3 - 4 months.

I remember when brian campbell got a broken clavicle last year round the same time (in march i believe) i got mine and he was back in 6 WEEKS!? in time for the playoffs. So you never know with these guys and the quality team doctors they have and ahem... drugs and painkillers that are provided and no extra charge.

Edited by hasunow

Oddly enough, Josefson's last injury -- a detached ligament in his thumb -- came against the San Jose Sharks as well. Oct 27th last year I believe.

Man, if there's ever a moral to the story, it's keep your head up against the Sharks. At least rookies, anyway.

Lou is hinting at a possible acquisition. Turris?

Lamoriello said he would look into acquiring a veteran center, but it appears Henrique will get an opportunity to show what he can do first.

“We’ll certainly look to see what can be done by all means, but right now the team is what it is,” Lamoriello said. “You’re always trying to get better, but you have to subtract in order to add a player. Henrique will get a chance right now.”

The post says "veteran center" and I don't know that I'd consider Turris a veteran just yet.

Agreed, plus the way I took Lou's quote was he was going to explore all of his options just to make sure he covers all of his bases.

I did not expect to wake up to the news that Josefson will be out 3-4 months. Makes me feel even worse for him.

Edited by thefiestygoat

Not trying to be a board cop but -

Can we avoid making a thread like this without proof or a link. This OP would imply he's "done for the season"....

Pure speculation at this point. If you ARE speculating - state so.

Some people feel special seeing their name as an OP lol

Devils center Jacob Josefson underwent surgery early today to repair a broken right clavicle and will be sidelined 3-4 months, general manager Lou Lamoriello said.

NJ.com

I know it was already mentioned but I wanted to put another source.

Edited by Quinn01

im actually excited to see what Henrique and Kovalchuk could do together

by watching Taylor Hall play, his game seems to be faster than Kovy's play now, Hall is non-stop recklessly wide-open. Kovy use to blow by the defenders but not so much anymore. So if Henrique was able to keep pace with Hall and set him up and win huge games together, even taking the spotlight away from Hall last year in the memorial cup, im pretty sure he could handle Kovy