Turris rumor + new rumor

ghdi

Theres a rumor that we made an offer for Turris.

http://twitter.com/#!/incarceratedbob/status/128151341989249024

Its from IncarceratedBob (WFAN) who is no Єklund (2.3% accurate) thats for sure.

He's actually pretty accurate or at least pulls credible sources. I approve of this rumor posting [Not like it matters, lol]

We do need a center, but I know many here have voiced concern over his contract dispute and his attitude.

I say go for it Lou, pending on the price.

Try Henrique with Kovalchuk, their tempo is similar. If Turris can be had for a cheap package surrounding Merrill I say do it.

Done with Merrill and his shenanigans?

I agree with giving Henrique a chance for now, but at least keep our hat in the ring. We cannot afford for Lou to have a slow trigger finger like last year.

the problem with turris is that he's been extremely protected by the coyotes - there's no guarantee that he's even a capable NHL player at this juncture.

I would say he is a better version of Adam Henrique at center right now. He is fast energetic and gets shots on goal. We can't continue to play non-natural centers at center in key situations. Against good teams Elias and Zubrus will get torched in their own end. I fully agree what your saying but sometimes you need to have faith in coaching.

the problem with turris is that he's been extremely protected by the coyotes - there's no guarantee that he's even a capable NHL player at this juncture.

Then he'll fit right in with our forwards.

Edited by Risky

I would say he is a better version of Adam Henrique at center right now. He is fast energetic and gets shots on goal. We can't continue to play non-natural centers at center in key situations. Against good teams Elias and Zubrus will get torched in their own end. I fully agree what your saying but sometimes you need to have faith in coaching.

that's insane. zubrus and elias are way better than kyle turris. who cares if they are or are not 'natural centers', they've both spent more time at center in the NHL than turris. like i said, turris is a weak minutes center who has struggled with even that. i think henrique could be better than him right now.

that's insane. zubrus and elias are way better than kyle turris. who cares if they are or are not 'natural centers', they've both spent more time at center in the NHL than turris. like i said, turris is a weak minutes center who has struggled with even that. i think henrique could be better than him right now.

Henrique is almost certainly not better then Turris. Turris was 21 last year, younger players usually progress from season to season. In the playoffs he was one of the few to post a positive CORSI against a very good Detroit team regardless of circumstances. I don't know if Turris is a full time solution at center or if he is better on the wing. That will be for Deboer to figure out but he certainly didn't look out of place in the playoffs.

Elias has done a poor job with Parise so far this season, the faster Zajac gets healthy the faster Elias gets moved down the depth charts. Zubrus is a winger and should stay a winger.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

Henrique is almost certainly not better then Turris. Turris was 21 last year, younger players usually progress from season to season. In the playoffs he was one of the few to post a positive CORSI against a very good Detroit team regardless of circumstances. I don't know if Turris is a full time solution at center or if he is better on the wing. That will be for Deboer to figure out but he certainly didn't look out of place in the playoffs.

Turris barely played last year. The only regular who got less ice time per game was Bissonnette.

Elias has done a poor job with Parise so far this season, the faster Zajac gets healthy the faster Elias gets moved down the depth charts. Zubrus is a winger and should stay a winger.

Elias is probably equal to or better than Zajac.

I can't see how LL pulls the trigger on anything without giving Henrique a fair shot. You've got to give the kid a chance and he'll get good games on the road coming up. To simply make a move right now and sarcrifice a player in return without knowing what Henrique can do is not a prudent move.

I do feel pieces will have to be added in the future, but not now. I don't think Lou is going to sit idle if this team has problems again. The coach is not going to be the one going.

Done with Merrill and his shenanigans?

That wouldn't surprise me somewhere down the road lol (and then we can debate whether Lou traded him because of it or just he had a specific need the other team insisted on Merrill), but at least Merrill's staying in college and that rumor of him going to juniors was false.

Turris barely played last year. The only regular who got less ice time per game was Bissonnette.

Elias is probably equal to or better than Zajac.

At this stage I fully expect Zajac to be the better player this year, Elias isn't exactly young plus he has had a rough start playing with our best player.

Turris's development was partially destroyed by the Phoenix organization, they rushed him out of college for very little ice time. At 21 if he wasn't going to get top 9 minutes he should have been in the AHL.

The one question people need to ask themselves is, why would Phoenix take on Merrill. Their have very good defensive prospects. I could see something around Tedenby for Turris

I think a Tedenby or Henrique package is what they would ask for.

I dont know how early Columbus is planning on packing it in because they clearly look like a bottom tier team this season, even though its very early. They have fallen way behind already and with Chicago and Detroit in the division, its not gonna be very easy to catch up. I read a Cordell blog about possibly Vermette. I wouldnt mind that at all, but if they can get Turris for cheap I'd be for it. I'd prefer Teddy to not be involved though, he has been one of the few so far this year that has been creating some sparks even with his limited time. Also, I think Henrique looked pretty good last night in his time, nice breakaway chance and he's really hustling out there. Sorry for rambling on about like 5 topics but just wanted to get it all out in one post lol

Edited by Bibby89