Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SterioDesign

Parise back at center?

54 posts in this topic

So during the practice today Parise was centering Palmieri and Kovalchuk

i know he was drafted as a center and that he briefly tried him at center a few times and all but what do you guys think?

Commented on this in the other thread. I honestly think this cripples any depth this forward group has. If Zajac AND Josefson were healthy then maybe... but I don't like it.

When team's fully healthy:

Kovalchuk-Parise-Palmieri

Elias-Zajac-Zubrus

Tedenby-Josefson-Sykora

Henrique-Mills-Boulton

Don't know why but Palmieri on the first line scares me. Then again so does Palmieri on the second line...

Great, having to shift the supposed face of the franchise's position in his walk year is just what the doctor ordered when we're trying to re-sign him.

Edited by NJDevs4978

i approve. i'd rather he moved elias away from parise and kept parise at LW, but either way, the way the team is constituted now, it's just really hard to have parise and elias on the same line when there's no real play drivers on the rest of the team. at home, maybe he could get away with it, but on the road, it's going to be trouble.

This roster was skewed before the season started, now its just redonkulos!

This can only end in failure and is wasting the teams best player, but her for one game why not.

Actually the thing that worries me is this already sends out a slight message of despiration.

Actually the thing that worries me is this already sends out a slight message of despiration.

Only thing it shows is a coach actively trying to solve a difficult situation. Instead of burying his head in the sand and hoping the problem will go away. Not necessarily saying this move solves anything, but sure is worth looking into.

Switch positions around all you want. It still leaves holes. The team has 3 maybe 4 legit top 6 forwards. Kovy, Parise, Elias, and maybe Zubrus.

Switch positions around all you want. It still leaves holes. The team has 3 maybe 4 legit top 6 forwards. Kovy, Parise, Elias, and maybe Zubrus.

I agree with that. If you switch Parise to center then who is going to be on the LW ? Probably Tedenby who won't do the job Parise is doing right now and we will have problems with LW.

I think it's a necessary experiment.

i tend to agree here and also agree that using elias as the guy to "quarterback" a 2nd solid line around...besides patty tends to bring the best out of whoever you put him with

do we have any idea how parise will do at the dot?

Does anyone remember who he centered his first season? I tried looking up videos on youtube but can only find his first which was a powerplay goal.

Pretty messy situation. Comes off as a desperation move. But you never know if you don't try.

I am coming around on this this move, Kovalchuk has yet to play with a player who is fast and drives the net. Kovalchuk always seems top be ahead of the play with no support. Hopefully Parise can enter the zone the same time and have less defensmen stepping up on Kovalchuk.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

Why not? Palms has been cycling the puck well of late. Hopefully Parise can develop some chem with him. Kovy seems excited about it. What's the worst that can happen? Our offense turns to sh!t? Oh, wait...

Does anyone remember who he centered his first season? I tried looking up videos on youtube but can only find his first which was a powerplay goal.

Im pretty sure it was brylin... Mayyyybe kozlov but i think brylin

This gamethread has him centering Brylin and Gionta. (post 22)

This gamethread has him centering Kozlov and Langenbrunner. (post 17)

Found another gamethread where he centered the fourth line with Janssen and Ryznar as his wingers. :P

This gamethread has him centering Brylin and Gionta. (post 22)

This gamethread has him centering Kozlov and Langenbrunner. (post 17)

Found another gamethread where he centered the fourth line with Janssen and Ryznar as his wingers. :P

nice data minig

If im not mistaken he started the season centering the 4th line but then was moved to 2nd line lw centered by brylin and langs on the right side

i honestly cant say how i feel until i can see it looks smoothly