DevilinLA

GDT: 10/25 Nj Devils @ LA Kings 7:30pm PST

240 posts in this topic

Only thing that I can complain about tonight is that Quick isn't in net. This backup gave up like 4-5 goals his first start this season. Just something to keep in mind.

Yeah, if Quick were in net the Kings totally would have won this game 0 to -1! :rolleyes:

Well coached?? Parise at center??...Ugh! I'm an expert and I think is the stupidest move

Edited by cubanjd305

we just jump from 23th to 13th in goal differential, were even now

Which just shows you why it's worthless to put too much weight on stats this early in the season (small sample size).

I still don't get why Palmeri plays on our top lines...he killed a lot of plays coming up the ice and is always a step behind. If they are going to keep kovy and zach together than they need to find someone different to put with them

I still don't get why Palmeri plays on our top lines...he killed a lot of plays coming up the ice and is always a step behind. If they are going to keep kovy and zach together than they need to find someone different to put with them

Tedenby.

Tedenby.

Well, the other problem is, is that he played well with Clarkson and Henrique....

Parise playing C turned out to be much ado about nothing. He really played like a wing and the other guys covered him. I just think it was a scheme to get him and Kovalchuk to play with each other without one of them having to play RW. :lol:

Henrique should be promoted to playing center

Parise-Henrique-Tedenby

Kovy-Zubrus-Palmieri

Sykora-Elias-Clarkson

Boulton/Pelley-Mills-Janssen

Henrique has shown speed and hustle this game, somewhat like Zajac. A couple of more games and he should be rolling.

Not the best 3rd period, but I'll take it. The Devils can win a lot of games playing like this, even if a lot of them end up in overtime.

Well, the other problem is, is that he played well with Clarkson and Henrique....

He has, but imagine you switch him and Palmari. Your top line is full of speed and talent, and your third line is almost a checking line with 3 big bodies, but still has offensive ability.

Edited by JustinZ

Not the best 3rd period, but I'll take it. The Devils can win a lot of games playing like this, even if a lot of them end up in overtime.

Hey it may not be pretty hockey, but a wins a win.

I seriously hope DeBoer drills it in that he wants a 60 minute game and the wins will come and keep coming. I want to see Devils play with that certain killer instinct where teams shouldn't even bother trying or get any hope of a recovery.

BEATUUUUUUTIFULLLLL

very nice to see us get the W tonight, and a shutout nonetheless.

that tedenby/ clarkson line is actually, surprisingly starting to come together. good job boys, lets do this again in Phoenix :cheers:

Oh, and I forgot, tonight was a major breakthrough in Clarkson's career: He learned to pass to forwards!

This could cause a quantum leap in his quality of play.... or maybe not, but that line was flying.

Oh, and I forgot, tonight was a major breakthrough in Clarkson's career: He learned to pass to forwards!

This could cause a quantum leap in his quality of play.... or maybe not, but that line was flying.

exactlyyyy.. its nice to see these players steppin up when we need them too.

Henrique put together a nice game too!

Not sure I've seen a prettier NJD goal than Patty's in a looong time. 3 or 4 great passes and a half empty net for 26.

What a great game. Clarkson played great and I agree with Napalm's assessment.... a real stinker. You can tell our coach has some brains so I'm sure he saw what we saw. I'd keep the Teddy, Clarkson, Henrique line together and I'd move Napalm down to the 2nd line. Bring up somebody else to play with Kovy and Zach. He was not helping that line at all.

Scoops

Woke up to watch some of third period and was very pleasantly surprised...LA has to be thinking "How did we manage just one point and one goal in two games against these guys?!"

If they win just one out of the next two games, they split the trip and come home 5-3-1. I'd be thrilled with that.

That was a fantastic effort- I just wish I could've made it through the end of the 3rd period lol.

The game was past my bedtime, but it's great to wake up to find out about such a great win! And would I be correct in assuming Moose stood on his head ... er ... antlers last night?

:3soow::3soow::3soow: