Scoring Woes

jonnyd91

Also what I don't understand is people that are using the Bruins as an argument to try prove that we don't need a PP to win.

Fist of all the Bruins were an exception and even with that said, they had to score some in the final series against the Canucks.Second thing. When we will have a 3rd line as good as they had maybe we can talk of not scoring on the PP. Their 4 lines were chipping in goals all season long and helped a lot during the playoffs. We don't have a 3rd line nearly as good as what they had.

Also, yes they didn't have a PP, but did you see how they made it past the Canadiens for example. 7 games to get rid of the Habs when they could've done it in 4 games. I know its not the way you do it that counts, but a 7 game series is hard on the players and gives you less time to recover before you get to face your next opponent.

Edited by SS-SS

Did they win a cup or something in 2010 ?

they were able to make the playoffs barely but not if they in the west

as far as scoring went they had a healthy Lucic for 30 goals...the addition of Horton and Marchand blossumed into a twenty goal scorer

you can make the playoffs while being in the bottom 4th in scoring but its prob more likely being in the top 4th and/or having a good powerplay

Edited by justdo3043

they were able to make the playoffs barely but not if they in the west

as far as scoring went they had a healthy Lucic for 30 goals...the addition of Horton and Marchand blossumed into a twenty goal scorer

you can make the playoffs while being in the bottom 4th in scoring but its prob more likely being in the top 4th and/or having a good powerplay

If you were to choose between having a top 10 offense and bottom 10 defense or bottom 10 offense and top 10 defense, you want the latter.

My point with Boston is that they rode the percentages in the 2011 playoffs to win the Stanley Cup - they also got the short end of the percentages in 2010. These things aren't particularly predictable.

Edited by Triumph

They also rode the best goalie in the league but in this day and age you don't need one of those either.

maybe for a money-losing ECHL championship run you do, but at the NHL level, a dominant team can easily forgo a dominant goalie. if you predicted tim thomas as having the best goaltending season in history at age 36 coming off hip surgery and a season where he wasn't the best goalie on his own team, bully for you.

On the topic of Larsson, he needs to settle down and play his game. I honestly feel he's made a ton of plays already where, on a different team who's on fire offensively, he would've already had his first couple of assists by now.

If it's an issue of confidence, I think he would be better suited to being sent to Albany for a couple months. Dominate down there and get that poise and confidence back, then come back up to the Devils. In my opinion he probably should've been sent to Albany from the get-go anyway; better to take the safe route with a high end prospect then throw him into the fire right away.