GDT Devils Vs Stars

pumpkin cutter

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, lets step back from the ledge. We're 4-4-1 while missing our top two centers, starting goalie and our tough schedule. For christs sake, our easiest game was against Carolina, and we never play well in the west. I'd be disheartened if we got totally outplayed tonight, but that wasnt the case at all. We lost on a fluke goal, and the puck wasnt bouncing our way. I still think we'll be fine, probably a 6-8 seed. It's unrealistic to think we'll win every game.

I'm gonna chalk that rant up to frustration. We'll see if you still feel that way tomorrow.

I am extremely angry with this team. Watching the Pens kill it still with out Crosby and watching the Flyers do well tonight I'm wondering when the fvck my team is going to do that and then I think to myself they probably won't.

Guys, lets step back from the ledge. We're 4-4-1 while missing our top two centers, starting goalie and our tough schedule. For christs sake, our easiest game was against Carolina, and we never play well in the west. I'd be disheartened if we got totally outplayed tonight, but that wasnt the case at all. We lost on a fluke goal, and the puck wasnt bouncing our way. I still think we'll be fine, probably a 6-8 seed. It's unrealistic to think we'll win every game.

this. although we're not missing our two top centers, and possibly not missing our best goalie, the team probably outchanced dallas. they have to get more power play opportunities and then capitalize on those, but the 2nd power play for NJ was very good.

Edited by Triumph

Kovalchuk's job is to score. He's not scoring. I don't care if he's contributing offensively, he needs to score. He's getting looks. It's not good enough. He needs to score. Bottom line.

he had his best game in awhile. He had a lot of chances and it looks like he's shooting more. Ilya is a scorer. The goals will come if he keeps shooting like he did tonight

This would all be fine and dandy if they didn't own the Kings the other night. The Devils made the mistake of giving their fans a sense that they would play differently this year, but as I pointed out that night, it was against a back up goalie. So congrats everyone we've managed 3 points in 5 games. Pathetic.

I also think Larsson should be a healthy scratch for one game. Let him just rest and get his thoughts back together. I think it will help him if he watches the game from above. He's not getting time to figure out what he's doing wrong, It may just be the right thing to do.

1. Scratch Larsson 1 game

2. Call up Zharkov and sit Sykora or Palmieri, let them fight it out for a 3rd line spot

Edited by Anhkheg

This would all be fine and dandy if they didn't own the Kings the other night. The Devils made the mistake of giving their fans a sense that they would play differently this year, but as I pointed out that night, it was against a back up goalie. So congrats everyone we've managed 3 points in 5 games. Pathetic.

So what, the Devils would have lost 0- -1 if Quick played. Let's look at our last 5 opponents: San Jose, Pittsburgh, LA, Phoenix and Dallas. San Jose is a cup contender, ditto for the Pens and LA, Phoenix is a very gritty and fast team and Dallas is the top team in the West. We've had a brutal schedule to start, like I said.....give this team time

I also think Larsson should be a healthy scratch for one game. Let him just rest and get his thoughts back together. I think it will him if he watches the game from above. He's not getting time to figure out what he's doing wrong, I think it may just help.

1. Scratch Larsson 1 game

2. Call up Zharkov and sit Sykora or Palmieri, let them fight it out for a 3rd line spot

I think Sykora is fine, Palmieri is not. He's been awful, aside from the Carolina game. Send him to Albany and call up Bernier or Zharkov.

Agree on Larsson too

Boom. Exactly. We've been waiting for him to score for for a year + now.

This is a team sport.. Our PP has next to no movement and zero creativity most of the time. It's disturbing to look at. I don't understand why it's so bad, but as long as it is, we're not gonna score a lot of goals regardless of who's out there. Some team chemistry issues going on here imo, hopefully things will pick up. :(

Kovy is easily the biggest threat we have out there. Just as he was last year under Lemaire. Why is no one giving Parise a hard time? He's been far more anonymous then Kovy so far this season..

This is a team sport.. Our PP has next to no movement and zero creativity most of the time. It's disturbing to look at. I don't understand why it's so bad, but as long as it is, we're not gonna score a lot of goals regardless of who's out there. Some team chemistry issues going on here imo, hopefully things will pick up. :(

Kovy is easily the biggest threat we have out there. Just as he was last year under Lemaire. Why is no one giving Parise a hard time? He's been far more anonymous then Kovy so far this season..

I agree. Looks like he's lost a step IMO. I had the same injury. Definitely takes more than a year to recover fully.

Some tweets from TG:

DeBoer: "I told the guys after the game if we play like that we’ll win a lot more than we lose. So, put our heads up."

DeBoer: "It was one of our best games of the trip. I think it rivaled our L.A. game for how we played for 60 minutes.”

Parise: “We did a lot of good things and we deserved a little better with the way we played, but we’ve got to score..."

Parise cont: "You can’t score one goal and win games. We’ve got to start putting some pucks in.”

Fayne cont: "...I just saw it slowly going through Heddy’s legs. Tough break." (This one sums it up, that second goal was a tough break)

Edited by Anhkheg

We're not even at the 10 game mark so this all seems silly but this team is just expected to be better than this.

Through 9 games the Devils should be 6-2-1 or something. They have been playing tough teams and are in the west but hey, they're going to have to play them eventually anyway and just because they're from the west doesn't mean its ok to lose to them.

Edited by PhuckinKillAvery

You all can go bandwagon it to some winners if the Devils suck toobad fer ya. Chico seems to like Dallas an awful lot ...

Power out here now. Bastages

I second this sentiment. Well said Pepperkorn. It's high time we all realized the teams of the 'glory days' are gone and done and that we need to support this team during times they're struggling to find themselves again.

I haven't read this thread by the way, but anyone wanting to bag on Larsson. Umm, remember, he's not some forward who went in the top five. He's a defenseman, and one who is 18 years old at that. Have patience. It's going to take a couple years until he truly finds his game. Yeah he's talented and poised and stuff. He's also 18 and it shows.

The Devils can field a true four line offense, would love to see it, but doubt it will happen, just a fun combo:

Parise-Zajac-Zharkov

Kovy-JJ-Palmieri

Sykora-Elias-Zubrus

Tedenby-Henrique-Clarkson

The Devils have it, they just need to play like this every day. With Lemaire, they lost a few games before the pucks started going in and the team started winning on a regular basis. This team has it as well, but missing two key centers hurts more than lets say a winger.

I know it's early, but is anyone else surprised with how well Henrique has been playing? He's got a lot of energy and he plays hard. He had as good of chances as anyone tonight, just has to work on finishing a little more (which we've seen already, so we know he won't be another Zharkov). If he continues to improve, I could see him doing some serious damage. Call me crazy, but it might be worth giving him a try with Kovalchuk if things keep going strong for him down the road.

Also, it was nice to see Kovalchuk play less than half of the game.

This is wonderful.

Edited by nessus