Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Risky

Zajac skating

12 posts in this topic

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/

Zajac revealed he went on the ice for about 30 minutes on Thursday. That was his first time skating since he was injured.

He described it as “light skating.”

“Just kind of twirling around,” he said. “Just getting used being on skates again.”

Great news, as we need him badly. If he's skating like this now, maybe he's conservatively a month out from game action?

Wait..isn't this surprisingly good news? To even be on skates this early?

For an achilles injury in general? Yes.

For the Devils' horsesh!t injury timelines? No. They originally said 8-10 weeks which would have TZ returning sometime next week to full action. Looks like he's going to blow that estimate (as usual) by weeks, if not more.

Well everyone figured out within days the timeline was more like 3-6 months. Trav has always been durable, so him coming back on the short end of that (3 months, which would be early December) wouldn't surprise me...so long as our crack medical team doesn't screw him up before then.

How injuries go with the Devils, I don't want to jinx anything. But still good to see him recovering quickly.

He is only skating lightly but give him a stick and he is already above Pelly and Carter in the dpeth chart. I say play him!!!!!

any updates on how much longer it will take??

I would almost rather take Zajac lightly skateable than some of what we have now haha

Still going to be at least a month unfortunately. He won't return to actual skating for probably 3 weeks or so, then go through real practice for a couple weeks afterwards. Still encouraging signs though.

This is great news. I hope its all positive from here and he doesnt suffer from any set backs.