GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs @ New Jersey Devils

Quinn01

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would put Parise on a line with Henrique and Zubrus, and put Kovy with Elias and Tedenby. Parise drives the net and can score goals while crashing the crease (which Kovy refuses to do) and the cycle Zubrus and Henrique can create will help get pucks to the slot/net. Kovy needs a more natural set-up man, and Elias gives him that.

Granted, our bottom 2 lines would blow, but we double shift Kovy and Parise so much as it is, would that really matter? It seems to me that DeBoer is trying everything he can to find/create chemistry and patch things together until Zajac gets back at the end of December.

I would put Parise on a line with Henrique and Zubrus, and put Kovy with Elias and Tedenby. Parise drives the net and can score goals while crashing the crease (which Kovy refuses to do) and the cycle Zubrus and Henrique can create will help get pucks to the slot/net. Kovy needs a more natural set-up man, and Elias gives him that.

Granted, our bottom 2 lines would blow, but we double shift Kovy and Parise so much as it is, would that really matter? It seems to me that DeBoer is trying everything he can to find/create chemistry and patch things together until Zajac gets back at the end of December.

yea but having Parise and Kovy together on a line does bring a challenge for the opponents. we have parise who will drive to the net and Kovy back up top for the sniper shot. two completely different threats like these two will be extremely hard to guard against. Im not saying its definitely going to work, but its certainly worth the experiment.

You're right, DeBoer is definitely trying everything he can to find chemistry here, and you can't blame him. we have so much talent on this team, that blending together and forming chemistry may be the only thing keeping us from winning more

This should be the worst team we have played to date, maybe Dallas was worse. I'm not sure but we should win.

These aren't the Leafs of the last 5 years.

I think its pretty clear that Carolina is the worst team we've played so far and we just lost to a not very good Phoenix team.

These aren't the Leafs of the last 5 years.

I think its pretty clear that Carolina is the worst team we've played so far and we just lost to a not very good Phoenix team.

The Leafs still aren't a good team, though. Carolina is probably worse, and Phoenix is probably better. There's a lot of people still under the impression that Phoenix isn't very good, and I don't know where it comes from.

The Leafs still aren't a good team, though. Carolina is probably worse, and Phoenix is probably better. There's a lot of people still under the impression that Phoenix isn't very good, and I don't know where it comes from.

I have them close to Carolina but it's impossible to play Carolina even strength so I put Toronto below them.