GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs @ New Jersey Devils

Quinn01

It's funny that the worst stretch of the game was when the Leafs didn't get any goals.

In all, the biggest problem was that while NJ got tons of odd man chances, they were unable to get any zone pressure besides a few shifts here and there. Toronto got just about every single bounce, which whatever, apparently that's their MO early this year. Brodeur was also not good. Transition defense needs to be better.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kovy and parise need to play on diffrent lines. kovy is not going to produce playing anywere other than LW. This is how i think the lines should be:

Zach Parise-Adam Henrique-Dainius Zubrus

Ilya Kovalchuk-Patrik Elias-Petr Sykora

Mattias Tedenby-Ryan Carter-David Clarkson

Cam Janssen-Brad Mills-Nick Palmieri

kovy and parise need to play on diffrent lines. kovy is not going to produce playing anywere other than LW. This is how i think the lines should be:

Zach Parise-Adam Henrique-Dainius Zubrus

Ilya Kovalchuk-Patrik Elias-Petr Sykora

Mattias Tedenby-Ryan Carter-David Clarkson

Cam Janssen-Brad Mills-Nick Palmieri

Parise-Henrique-Tedenby

Kovy-Carter-Clarkson

Sykora-Elias-Zubrus

Janssen-Mills-Palmieri

Well bottom line

• Parise and Kovalchuk are just not clicking together, gotta keep them separate

• Sykora and Palmieri should have buried those empty netter opportunities on both plays we got scored on their next breakout

• Brodeur was terrible other than on that huge save

i wish we would play a style like the leafs are, they are using their speed big time with their breakouts. We are not

Team actually scores more than 2 goals then we give up 5. I love it. Can't wait to go see them play the Flyers tomorrow. I'll be sure to fill my flask all the way up in order to numb the embarrassment ...aah i remember a time not to long ago when the Devils used to completely own the Flyers. Times have changed dramatically.

They are the top 2 centers on the team. How are they not significant injuries?

Honestly the Devils have two 40 goal scorers they should be able to over come those injuries with ease.

We need a little bit of offense from the point, I am starting to warm up to a Taormina call up.

starting to bend this way too, salvador has not been good enough. (although tonight he was probably a + in scoring chances)

re: tedenby, this board's infatuation with him has become funny if it weren't so sad. yes, he has some incredible skills. no, he hasn't done very much with them.

Edited by Triumph

Glad to see playoff Marty (insert "7's" mr. softie picture) showed up tonight. I liked what I saw offensively for the most part from the offense. Salvador can't hack it anymore. Tally is normally much better than he played tonight. Sad to see one of the best performances on offense this season spoiled, though.

Can we just say the truth and get over with this lets call up that guy and lets call up that guy. This team sucks is some areas of the game and need some help from outside instead of calling up rookies and think that they are going to solve all the problems like magic.

Problem at the point on the PP. Call up Taormina, fayne, Urbom whoever you want. I just don't see any of our players and rookies that can handle that job properly. Lou said we needed help in that area. Did he do anything ? Nop. Same problem with the PP over the last 2 years, but we are still playing the same players and hoping to see a change. Kovy is not meant to play at the point and Larsson is not the miracle that is going to make your PP look great.

Center issue ? Play Parise at center. Tried it and it sucked. No we called up Henrique. O.K the kid is impressing, but we are playing Kovy as a right wing with him and we are not happy that Kovy is not scoring. Henrique should be a 3rd line guy while Kovy is playing LW being centered by a veteran center who can really play with him and bring him to full potential. Even with Zajac back we are short of a real second line center. Henrique and Josefson are not 2nd line center right now, maybe in the future but not right now. Instead we play them and cry because there is no offense.

starting to bend this way too, salvador has not been good enough. (although tonight he was probably a + in scoring chances)

re: tedenby, this board's infatuation with him has become funny if it weren't so sad. yes, he has some incredible skills. no, he hasn't done very much with them.

Salvador actually play a solid game tonight. Our team, however, needs a little bit of a shakeup.

It wouldn't surprise me if Tedenby was sat tomorrow night. Enough of this fancy sh!t, play more like Grabovski, take everything to the net. Nobody is really driving the net, they stop up as an option instead of dictating the play.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

Holy sh!t I actually agree with you about tedenby

With the emergence of Adam Henrique, it really wouldn't surprise me if Tedenby is included in a package for a Gagner or a right shot. I have a sneaky suspicion, this is usually the time that Lou would package a youngster.

i don't think the oilers would have any interest in tedenby, they have enough guys like him. but yeah, that wouldn't shock me - i'd like to avoid trading a guy who is on a ridiculous cold streak, though. dale tallon is going to find out just how dumb it is to do that.