GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs @ New Jersey Devils

Quinn01

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think the oilers would have any interest in tedenby, they have enough guys like him. but yeah, that wouldn't shock me - i'd like to avoid trading a guy who is on a ridiculous cold streak, though. dale tallon is going to find out just how dumb it is to do that.

I just smell a blockbuster with NJ by New Years.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

i was iffy about Marty's return in the first place.. now i know people are gonna say this is his first game from being back.. but he wasnt lights out at the beginning of the year either.

Tonights game was hard to watch, we gotta turn this around. whatever though, its not time to panic, we just gotta pick it up

Here is my predicition (even though there is no right shot):

To Columbus - Mattias Teddenby, Alexander Urbom, 2nd round pick

To NJ - Antoin Vermette and Kris Russel

that's a horrible trade. vermette is a tough minutes center but that's not what the devils need in the future - they have zajac and elias. they need that right handed shooting C/RW. and here they give up two of their best young players AND a 2nd round pick. russell is pretty worthless, imo.

haha, yeah. you deleted that. i think i'll put up a list of interest if the devils drop their next game.

Edited by Triumph

• Parise and Kovalchuk are just not clicking together, gotta keep them separate

Only one line among the different Kovalchuk combinations has ever clicked and that was Kovalchuk-Zajac-Palmieri. With Zajac gone and Palmieri stinking I don't know what to do. Maybe put Kovalchuk-Elias-Sykora together? Kovalchuk just is not fitting in period, and it's been 100 games into a 1230 game Devils career. This is disturbing.

that's a horrible trade. vermette is a tough minutes center but that's not what the devils need in the future - they have zajac and elias. they need that right handed shooting C/RW. and here they give up two of their best young players AND a 2nd round pick. russell is pretty worthless, imo.

haha, yeah. you deleted that. i think i'll put up a list of interest if the devils drop their next game.

Yea, it was instant deleate when I realized Taormina is probably close to as good as Russell and all those pieces don't get us a right shot.

Patric Hornqvist is someone who would be had. Horrible start for Nashville as well.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

The Devils actually kicked ass in every phase of the game besides shots, which were pretty much even and face-offs. Pretty much, Brodeur and the D blew this game. The Devils usually start out slow..they're 4-5-1 it could be worse but this team doesn't have the sense of 'every things going to be ok'.

Edited by PhuckinKillAvery

Yea, it was instant deleate when I realized Taormina is probably close to as good as Russell and all those pieces don't get us a right shot.

Patric Hornqvist is someone who would be had. Horrible start for Nashville as well.

i don't think nashville is giving him up, but i would obviously love to have him. i don't think there's a trade fit there, nashville desperately needs forwards and 2nd pairing D. neither of which NJ has in excess.

With the emergence of Adam Henrique, it really wouldn't surprise me if Tedenby is included in a package for a Gagner or a right shot. I have a sneaky suspicion, this is usually the time that Lou would package a youngster.

Tedenby to Phoenix for Turris. Obviously other stuff needs to be included, but Phoenix made a quality player out of Petr Prucha for a few seasons, Tedenby could do that for them. Turris needs a clean start, if he doesn't hack it with NJ, he just can't hack it in the NHL.

Love Tedenby as an individual, and his effort along the boards. But he's not doing all that much for the team right now. Part of it is the linemates he has, too. He's good on the cycle, but he still can't hold the puck when he gets pressured... hasn't solidified that part of his game like Gionta did early on.

If he can bring back a guy like Turris or Gagner, even if it is a bit of a hail mary, I'm okay with it. He's starting to remind me of Bergfors. That said, it's clear he's a big hit in the locker room... it'd certainly shake things up, but would it further stifle a room that's probably already feeling pressured?

Patric Hornqvist

TJ Oshie

Matt D'Agostini

Cody Hodgson

Nathan Horton

Rich Peverley (Kovalchuk factor)

Brad Boyes

Kyle Okposo

Daniel Aldredsson

Steve Downie

Only one on this list I see as a real trade option is Brad Boyes - but he's got a terrible contract, and he actually provides some scoring threat to the depth of Buffalo.

Hornqvist, Oshie, Hodgson, Okposo aren't going anywhere. Horton is doubtful, and he doesn't look like the same guy since his concussion. Peverley just re-upped with Boston and is one of the few guys scoring goals now. Alfredsson wants to end as a Senator, and Downie is a nutjob... better offense than Clarkson, more of an agitator, but if the Devils' roster has Clarkson, Downie, Janssen, and Boulton as options, I'm gonna be pretty damn confused.

Clarkson!

Hey Chico says we're having fun!

Marty momentum stealing softie countdown clock begins now!

Are you fvcking kidding! I wasjustkidding when i said how long till Marty gives up another one

Not even two mins later.

It sucks we lost, but I must admit, these two posts cracked me up tonight.

Not sure what was worse tonight, the action on the ice or the kid(s) sitting next to me spitting over the railing onto the steps below.

For some reason, I was the a$$hole for confronting them about it.

This occurred in Section 230. They stopped for the most part after I said something to them and security came over (not at my request, i didn't leave me seat from puck drop to the last few seconds) threatening ejection.

After telling me I wasn't a 'true fan' because I wasn't appreciating him and his friend spitting (among a lot of other incoherent arguing), as he left with 5 minutes to go, he proceeded to spit twice on the steps. When someone in the 230/231 area was walking down those steps leaving, I overheard "I cant believe I just stepped in spit."

So, anyone in Sec 230 tonight?

Not sure what was worse tonight, the action on the ice or the kid(s) sitting next to me spitting over the railing onto the steps below.

For some reason, I was the a$$hole for confronting them about it.

This occurred in Section 230. They stopped for the most part after I said something to them and security came over (not at my request, i didn't leave me seat from puck drop to the last few seconds) threatening ejection.

After telling me I wasn't a 'true fan' because I wasn't appreciating him and his friend spitting (among a lot of other incoherent arguing), as he left with 5 minutes to go, he proceeded to spit twice on the steps. When someone in the 230/231 area was walking down those steps leaving, I overheard "I cant believe I just stepped in spit."

So, anyone in Sec 230 tonight?

I was in 104, saw a fight break out during warmups in one of the lower bowl sections, 21 I think, 2 Devils fans were harassing 2 Leafs fans, then the one Devils fan got tossed by a Leafs fan WITH ONE FREAKING ARM. Dude never spilled any of the beer in his other hand.

Well bottom line

• Parise and Kovalchuk are just not clicking together, gotta keep them separate

• Sykora and Palmieri should have buried those empty netter opportunities on both plays we got scored on their next breakout

• Brodeur was terrible other than on that huge save

i wish we would play a style like the leafs are, they are using their speed big time with their breakouts. We are not

Just watched the highlights. Couldnt agree more.

Also.....IF (and thats a HUGE if) the Gagner trade is true.......it needs to happen RIGHT STAT NOW.

I was in 104, saw a fight break out during warmups in one of the lower bowl sections, 21 I think, 2 Devils fans were harassing 2 Leafs fans, then the one Devils fan got tossed by a Leafs fan WITH ONE FREAKING ARM. Dude never spilled any of the beer in his other hand.

this was right next to me

never seen a fight 20 minutes before a game