Quinn01

GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs @ New Jersey Devils

298 posts in this topic

My first GDT this season!

First matchup for these two teams out of 4 times this season. Marty back in net tonight!

Lets Go Devils!!!

111778446_slide.jpg

Toronto+Maple+Leafs+v+New+Jersey+Devils+04Vtrgp4ncYl.jpg

111781100_slide.jpg

Edited by Quinn01

Let's go Devils! Need a win; and not one of those shootout bs wins.

ZQC'A BL PQRGZA!

EQFC CIQ ZQFJA!

KM FAA GA AIFNGSB!

I fvcking hate the Leafs. As much as the Rags or Flyers. Hope its a bloodbath. I would like to see Reimer start for Toronto, but I dont think he is.

Let's get back on the winning track here, we have a lot of ground to make up. We haven't played as much as some of the leading teams so the standings are a little skewed. ugh, the Rangers are ahead of us :puke: and the Jets are right behind us (how did that happen?) :gd: :gd: :gd:

TG projecting Marty to start tonight...

Edited by Legion15

While Henrique has earned the spot with his play, I am queasy with all the line combinations, reminiscent of JMAC era

Henrique and Parise together will work wonders. Cant wait to see this. Now, if they can only get Kovy off that line.

While Henrique has earned the spot with his play, I am queasy with all the line combinations, reminiscent of JMAC era

It wasn't Kovalchuk playing RW that caused the JMAC debacle, it was his lack of preperation and coaching details that caused him to suck.

It wasn't Kovalchuk playing RW that caused the JMAC debacle, it was his lack of preperation and coaching details that caused him to suck.

I hear ya, it just brings back bad memories. Also, I know we try to keep Zach happy, but I can't help but to think it would be better to have Kovy at LW and Zach at RW. Kovy's style of play limits him to that position, Zach's doesn't limit him AS MUCH.

i will be there!

GO DEVILS!!

and YES the stream WILL be up!

LGD! If I'm not mistaken it was a comeback against the Leafs that spawned the image in my avatar.

alright, we definitely need this one. hopefully marty can be strong tonight. With where we are right now, I really expect us to experiment with different lines. this one should be interesting and lets hope its nice!!

LETS GOOOOOO!!

I hear ya, it just brings back bad memories. Also, I know we try to keep Zach happy, but I can't help but to think it would be better to have Kovy at LW and Zach at RW. Kovy's style of play limits him to that position, Zach's doesn't limit him AS MUCH.

Agreed, I'd rather have them on different lines, but I guess the experiment is worth trying again if nothing else works.

But is there any confirmation that he will actually be at RW?

Edited by nessus

keep in mind that im sure these lines were practiced.. DeBoer must've seen something positive. its an experience worth trying

Agreed, I'd rather have them on different lines, but I guess the experiment is worth trying again if nothing else works.

But is there any confirmation that he will actually be at RW?

At this point we have nothing to loose. We are barely getting by as it is with a decently filled roster. I agree, I would like to see Pairse and Kovy on two different lines but if you have one line that can produce and others that just get by its good enough. One good line is better then two mediocre lines.

Tonight's predicted lineups:

New Jersey Devils

Petr Sykora-Patrik Elias-Dainius Zubrus

Zach Parise-Adam Henrique-Ilya Kovalchuk

Mattias Tedenby-Ryan Carter-David Clarkson

Cam Janssen-Brad Mills-Nick Palmieri

Henrik Tallinder-Adam Larsson

Andy Greene-Mark Fayne

Bryce Salvador-Anton Volchenkov

Martin Brodeur

Johan Hedberg

Toronto Maple Leafs

Joffrey Lupul-Tim Connolly-Phil Kessel

Nikolai Kulemin-Mikhail Grabovski-Clarke MacArthur

Matthew Lombardi-Tyler Bozak-Joey Crabb

Mike Brown-David Steckel-Philippe Dupuis-

Carl Gunnarsson-Dion Phaneuf

John-Michael Liles-Luke Schenn

Cody Franson-Mike Komisarek

Jonas Gustavsson

Ben Scrivens

So our 2nd line has two LW's on it and our 4th line has two RW's on it. I'm confused....

Quotes from the coach:

DSC00130_normal.JPGTGfireandice Tom Gulitti

DeBoer on Devils: "I really think we’re on the verge of putting a run together. Obviously, our record doesn’t reflect that, where we're sitting right now. But what I see in practice, how we’re playing in the games, I think we’re on the verge of that.”"