Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Quinn01

GDT: Winnipeg Jets @ New Jersey Devils

134 posts in this topic

Horrible change, and it led right to that goal. That's why you don't change until the puck is out.

actually if you look at the game closely they do make those bad change really really often... i just saw sykora changing after losing the puck in the neutral zone

sure, so they dont catch the hook to prevent the goal by winnipag, but they did see the second one. how convenient for the jets

This team tries to make the fancy play way too often. Just shoot the damn puck.

Edited by Parisalchuk

Now do you believe me about us being a terrible 3rd perios team?

youre just gonna ignore the hooking call the refs ignored that lead to the goal?

These were games we where losing early in the season last year, Nice to see Henrique step in like this. :evil:

What a game by Henrique. That being said, overall good game by the devils, great defensive play and goaltending but I would say we definitely missed Kovy on offense. Other than Henrique's two breakaway goals, almost every single scoring chance was created by the Elias line. Even though Kovy doesn't score every game and is at times a defensive liability, he at least creates some offense.

henrique on the first line? man. he's good but not THAT good.

You were saying? :evil:

Also, Cangialosi is not a bad play by play guy at all

Definitely not. I switched over to the Ranger game during intermission and whoever fills in for Sam Rosen was pretty terrible.

I was listening to the Devils broadcast (At the Ru game)

Hell of a call by Steve on the GWG. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT

Edited by Devilsfan118

Now your getting carried away.

I mean his voice is kind of annyoing (I'm getting used to it though) and he's obviously no Doc (nobody is) but I'd say he does a pretty good job.

i'd like to highlight that 2 games in a row we could have been robbed by a bad call against us... but played our game and still won

:boogie:

the devils are going to have some nice depth at center when zajac and josefson return. i wonder if the team would let henrique center the 4th line. i know you'd like to get him more minutes, but i think he'd be a great 4th line center.

Awesome game by Henrique, overall pretty solid by the Devs as well.. :) Especially considering the injury situation.

I mean his voice is kind of annyoing (I'm getting used to it though) and he's obviously no Doc (nobody is) but I'd say he does a pretty good job.

I have to agree with this pretty much. He is not perfect, but I got to say I don't think we can complain when you listen to some of the other PBP guys around the league. We could have a lot worse considering we just lost Doc out of the blue. I am okay with Steve C.

Also, just looking at his scoring history in the OHL and AHL, I think Henrique has to be looked at as having top 6 skill potential. When our centers get healthy, here is a way to have 3 equal lines that can score

Parise - Zajac - Henrique (Adam played wing in the AHL last year)

Zubrus - Elias - Sykora

Kovalchuk - Josefson - Clarkson/Tedenby

Fourth line crashers and bangers - Boulton, Janssen, Mills, Carter, and currently Palmieri (Nick needs to forecheck and hit people with his big frame if he wants to generate any offense)