SMantzas

GDT: New Jersey @ Washington

126 posts in this topic

This game will show us what we're made of. Can we rebound from a disappointing loss, or are we gonna pack it in?

I will be there.

Let's go Devils!

Niiice. Find out how many people there know that the Caps existed before Ovi was drafted. The over under is 3

Edited by Devils Dose

Niiice. Find out how many people there know that the Caps existed before Ovi was drafted. The over under is 3

Lol. I went to the Verizon Center a few years ago, and they were the least knowledgeable bunch I've ever encountered. They booed on a delayed icing call because they thought they were getting a penalty...... Then one guy said that the game "should be a walk in the park for our caps". This was when we were second in the conference

Let's go devils, I couldn't go to the game last night because I was driving down to DC, may go to the game tonight

I have a feeling Washington will outplay us as much as we outplayed them last night. Lets get some luck!

This game will show us what we're made of. Can we rebound from a disappointing loss, or are we gonna pack it in?

rebound!!! gooooo devils!!!!

No different than those Devils fans that believe the franchise started Game 1 in Detroit in 1995 but couldn't tell you a single non-Danayko player from the 1980's. Or how nobody would get caught dead around New Jersey in a Rutgers sweatshirt until 2007. Or Yankees fans and Red Sox fans (nicknamed "pink hats") that have jumped on the bandwagon during times of their success but are there more to worship celebrity or be seen at games (thus driving up market prices for the rest of us fans). I have at least 10-20 friends and family that jumped on the Yankees bandwagon during the 1990's who were Mets fans and had posters of Gary Carter and Dwight Gooden during the 1980's.

One of my biggest peeves is the whole "Our fans are awesome while yours are bandwagon yahoos" argument. Breaking news: Good successful teams that play exciting usually put fannies in the seats. The only exceptions to this are on Manhattan and in Toronto where the corporate base will always buy tickets no-matter what.

As a true Devils fan I'm sad to say the Devils will most likely lose. This is just who the team is right now. They can beat mediocre teams and can't beat the top teams in the league right now. If their schedule is soft they'll win a few in a row but once it starts getting tough they'll lose the same amount in a row. It's going to be a seesaw kind of year but I guess anything is better than last year.

jesus christ boyz

any team can beat any other team on any night in the NHL, can you guys (NJ fans) at least try to believe we can win this?

montreal won philly 5-1 the other night ... anything can happen lol

1 person likes this

is there a viewing party thread? cause i can't find it and i have a question about the one this tuesday. thanks

Edited by devs82fan

is there a viewing party thread? cause i can't find it and i have a question about the one this tuesday. thanks

No but what kind of question do you have? I am planning to attend the one on Tuesday and been to a bunch in the past.