John MacLean Sighting

justdo3043

I'm so sad about the whole situation with MacLean. He was my favorite player as a young kid and I fear that the coaching debacle last year will tarnish his name even as a player in the minds of the fans. He really did put his time in with the organization and it'd be a shame for him to be seen as lesser than he was just because of last year.

why do people act like he left the state and went into hiding

Because they're dopes. The same dopes who think the first half of 2010-11 was a one man clusterfvck (Toe Blake or friggin Scotty Bowman in their coaching primes wouldn't have helped that start). The same dopes that badger him for signing with the Rangers. The same dopes who never forgave him for asking for a trade.

Although a failure as a head coach, Mac was a great Devil. Next time i see him, i'll shake his hand and remind him there are still fans of this team who remember that.

Edited by SJP20

Because they're dopes. The same dopes who think the first half of 2010-11 was a one man clusterfvck (Toe Blake or friggin Scotty Bowman in their coaching primes wouldn't have helped that start). The same dopes that badger him for signing with the Rangers. The same dopes who never forgave him for asking for a trade.

Although a failure as a head coach, Mac was a great Devil. Next time i see him, i'll shake his hand and remind him there are still fans of this team who remember that.

Good post. I used to get mad at guys like Johnny Mac or Bruce Driver for ending up with the Rangers at the ends of their careers. But now that I'm older, and have a house and kid of my own, I understand that if they have to go somewhere, they oughta stay local so as to not uproot everyone and everything they care about. You can say, "well that's why they make millions" or "that's how pro sports works and they chose to do that for a living", but when you have the option to stay somewhat local, you can't blame them for taking it.

• 1 month later...