Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StormJosh

Zharkov back to Albany

12 posts in this topic

Zharkov never proved himself worthy of playing on a top line, whether or not the chance was given. Now is not the time to be giving other players chances imo.

It's probably more beneficial for Zharkov and the Devils, for now and the future, to have Zharkov playing 8 minutes on the 4th line than be in the AHL.

It's not really a big deal either way though.

he played pretty bad. could be he was trying to show his speed but he lost control of the puck and made some bad passes

If Zharkov maintains a career in the NHL, which I unfortunately doubt he will, he will be mostly a 4th line player. It's a shame that the Devils had to sign both Boulton and Janssen.

1 person likes this

If Zharkov maintains a career in the NHL, which I unfortunately doubt he will, he will be mostly a 4th line player. It's a shame that the Devils had to sign both Boulton and Janssen.

totally agree. i wonder if this is because boutlon is ready to come off IR or if they're going to call up taormina to rest larsson for a game or two.

edit - just read full TG post and of course, forgot about tedenby. it's amazing what happens when you get scratched for one game.

Edited by sundstrom

i wouldn't be complaining about us not giving zharkov a chance.. teams just dont always give 4th line players like Zharkov a huge "chance."

He was out there on the ice and thats really all he can ask for. I wish the best for the guy but we cant be wishing he would have got 1st line action

I mean, what exactly did Nick Palmeiri do that was so excellent that he earned time with Kovalchuk and then Parise. Surely it would have at least been interesting to see what Zharkov could do playing with skill guys at any point in his NHL career. At least for more than a couple shifts at a time.

I mean, what exactly did Nick Palmeiri do that was so excellent that he earned time with Kovalchuk and then Parise. Surely it would have at least been interesting to see what Zharkov could do playing with skill guys at any point in his NHL career. At least for more than a couple shifts at a time.

Zharkov did get time with Kovalchuk in 09-10. But we know that Zharkov isn't a particularly skilled player. I like him a lot, but his scoring touch is poor. He's a perfect bottom 6 type player.

Edited by Triumph