Wide Open Net

Onddeck

Did anyone see Craig Smith miss the empty net point blank? He lifted it right into the stands and, honestly, i feel like it would take a good amount of skill to lift it over the crossbar that close.

My link

Anyone remember this next one? At least Smith's whiff didn't have the fallout this one did:

My link

Edited by Onddeck

EDIT***

Christ I suck at this, i somehow messed up that post. The 2nd link was supposed to be that of Stefan missing the empty net, leading Edmonton to score on the other end and tie it up with seconds to go... damn.. smh

seriously you dont even have to mention the empty netter by Stefan... anytime anyone will hear "missed empty net" for the next million years people will think about him lol

seriously you dont even have to mention the empty netter by Stefan... anytime anyone will hear "missed empty net" for the next million years people will think about him lol

haha, good call

no one defined the phrase, "insult to injury" like Stefan did in that game. holy sh!t hahaha

The puck must have rolled up on edge or something to lift it almost directly up in the air like that, lol. Lesson learned for him though, should have just tapped it in like Vinny did in the TB v. PIT game. No need to put it in the air. Worse things have happened though, so it's not that big a deal for him.

The puck must have rolled up on edge or something to lift it almost directly up in the air like that, lol. Lesson learned for him though, should have just tapped it in like Vinny did in the TB v. PIT game. No need to put it in the air. Worse things have happened though, so it's not that big a deal for him.

This is why you just don't tap it in.