NSH puts Bergfors on Waivers

DevilinLA

Looks like Mr. Bergfors is on waivers again. He sure has a busy travel schedule.

Looks Lou knew what he was doing at least with this kid....

www.twitter.com/joshuacooper

Nashville puts Bergfors on waivers.

Lou also drafted him in the first round, but everyone has first-rounders that don't pan out.

One can argue that Bergfors was a significant part of the reason the Devils were able to get Kovy, as he was showing promise at that point...enough that a team like Atlanta Winnipeg thought they were getting a solid prospect. One can also argue whether or not Kovy now being here is a good thing. But as far as bringing something back, the Devils got more out of Bergfors than anyone else.

is Tedenby the next Bergfors ????

He'd have to be traded first.

Remember that at the time of the Kovalchuk trade, Bergfors was still an up and coming top 6 prospect, and finished that season with decent combined numbers between NJ/ATL.

As far as Tedenby goes, we'll have to see. Deboer clearly wants to polish him up quite a bit before considering him for a top 6 role.

Looks like Mr. Bergfors is on waivers again. He sure has a busy travel schedule.

Looks Lou knew what he was doing at least with this kid....

www.twitter.com/joshuacooper

Nashville puts Bergfors on waivers.

I wouldn't say Lou knew what he was doing. He had to give up some pieces to get a player like Kovalchuk. Turns out getting rid of Bergfors was not a big deal at all. It wasn't like Lou saw this coming and swapped him for a deadline rental defenseman instead of trading a 2nd overall pick. He got Kovy out of it.

Edited by devilsrule33

I wouldn't say Lou knew what he was doing. He had to give up some pieces to get a player like Kovalchuk. Turns out getting rid of Bergfors was not a big deal at all. It wasn't like Lou saw this coming and swamped him for a deadline rental defenseman instead of trading a 2nd overall pick. He got Kovy out of it.

I agree. Bergfors numbers at that time were really decent for a rookie and most of us were excited about his performances.

about his performances.

Edited by SS-SS

I hope we claim him.

Macissiac favorite stat

The second reason has to do with Bergfors’ history. Over the last two seasons, he has done a pretty solid job in terms of the shot-based metrics, which tend to move hand-in-hand with scoring chances. Last season, despite starting more frequently in his own end than in the offensive zone, he had one of the best Corsi (Corsi is a plus/minus based on shots, missed shots and blocked shots for and against) numbers on the team, and the same is true in 2009-10 (where he was in the 50/50 range for starting in the offensive/defensive zone). He could be a player.

A harsh question, but a good one. I was worried we were getting Maxim Afinogenov ... we're not even getting that. But he's not even 22 yet, so he has youth on his side. Would like to see some progress soon, though.

I saw a glimpse of a Brian Gionta type player in Tedenby late last year....but he has seemed to regress this season (and Palmieri too) I hope they start putting the biscuit in the basket if you know what I'm sayin.

yo pick him back up, if we can for cheap. obviously we're not thick at RW, it couldn't hurt

i know the kid didn't put great numbers up last year but he's still young, eh?

Four teams have given up on him in the last year, including Atlanta and Florida. There's got to be a reason that he keeps getting bounced around. I'm just guessing, but he must have attitude problems or something.