Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Devil Fan

Tavares fined for slashing Parise

26 posts in this topic

FROM TG's Blog: “I thought it was a slash,” Parise said. “The referee was right there. I don’t know how no one sees that.”

The saddest part was no penalty call by the refs and Parise said he was looking right at it as they were both in the middle of it at that moment. The reffing was blatantly horrendous that game.

Edited by Anhkheg

He swung that thing. Parise is lucky he didnt break his hand.

Whenever I see slashes like this I cant help but think of Austin Powers saying Judo Chop.

Edited by Quinn01

obvious slash. 2500 is much to Tavares but still 2500 is 2500 you never wanna lose it.

2,500??? What a joke..Rex Ryan got 75,000 for saying Shut the Fvck up to a fan.

Tavares gets 5 mil a year so that fine is .05% of his yearly salary..This is a parking ticket type fine.

1 person likes this

I'm happy that the league acknowledged Tavares' actions and did what they were allowed to do. Watching it happen live with no penalty called got me a bit upset.

2,500??? What a joke..Rex Ryan got 75,000 for saying Shut the Fvck up to a fan.

Tavares gets 5 mil a year so that fine is .05% of his yearly salary..This is a parking ticket type fine.

It's apparently the largest allowable fine under the CBA

how the CBA states that a measly $2,500 is the maximum amount players can be fined is ridiculous to me. How is it that the league agreed to only fine the players some pathetic amount that these players probably dont care to lose?

Edited by Onddeck

Good. Now he has a record. All he needs is a bonehead play and he can be suspended too.

He swung that thing. Parise is lucky he didnt break his hand.

Whenever I see slashes like this I cant help but think of Austin Powers saying Judo Chop.

Brilliant post...

Brilliant avatar...

:cheers:

I always wondered if these guys call each other up after something like this to apologize. Tavares obviously acted out of anger and probably knows what he did was a douche bag thing to do. I'd give Zach a call if I were him. Shows class.

Good. Now he has a record. All he needs is a bonehead play and he can be suspended too.

I guess being a 1st overall pick means you can do whatever the fvck you want in this league. Tavares again aggressively and carelessly using his stick against our top players and gets away with it. He deserves to get fined again but I doubt he will.

So yeah, second time in as many games he aggressively misused his stick.

And second time there wasn't a penalty called against him.

Zach is thougher than Adam Banks

cake eater

hahaha!!!

that's good that he got fined..the refs are always against the devils.

Edited by devs82fan

He also high sticked Kovy right in the face in front of the net and no call :angry:

He also high sticked Kovy right in the face in front of the net and no call :angry:

Here is the worst part, it was the same referee both times.

that's a great find tri. between today and yesterday where he missed two blantant high stick calls, you have to think that there will be some affect there. although, in this league, i could see him calling the game in colorado on wednesday.

Dave Jackson also refereed the total sham of a game that was Game 2 in 2008. Maybe he holds a grudge that he did not referee in another series after that one.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2007030142

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/lamoriello_sutter_incensed_by_officials/

Good catch. What a complete sh!t-stain of a referee.

I remember that game well! Same guy huh?!!??!!! Holy sh!t, I NEVER want him officiating a Devil game EVER again.

Make it happen LOU!!!