GDT: Devils @ Wild. 8:00 pm EST

Devil Fan

I am so happy that Kovalchuk got that one. He was the victim of a few bad breaks that led to goals and it's honestly looking like we're getting ready to run him out of town and then he strikes with a laser. We have played a decent period, it's unfortunate that some bounces went in for the Wild but overall it's been a decent 1st period here - I even thought that power play looked good.

missed pretty much the whole first period... is it safe to say that its on Marty so far ?

Someday someone is going to say, "hey Chorske you were right about Kovalchuk and we, well... we were wrong."

Kovalchuk is a big problem with coughing up the puck at crap times, it skips over his stick, he trips over Parise's skates, he half-arses it out there. This guy should never have been put on a line with Parise nor should he have ever been paid what he wanted. So stupid, but here we are watching him not make a single person better around him and have a crap season. Sure he might turn it on, but I wouldn't bank on it. I can hardly wait for the ney sayers to say, "he almost single-handledly put the Devils into the post season." ALMOST doesn't count. The Devils almsot won the cup in 2001. No one remembers that key point unless reminded of it.

I still get a kick out of someone on a previous thread who said something to the extent that "I see that Jamie Langenbrunner was NOT the problem." To whomever said that, I'll gladly buy you a beer. Lags wasn't the problem, Rolston might have been overpaid, but he was not the problem. While it isn't one thing, there are some players still on the team who are.

ON a positive note, I hope John MacLean proves people wrong with Captain Kirk in Carolina. Him being fired for poor preformances from players was crap despite what Lemaire did. Let's face it Lemaire is a great coach, but once you hit rock bottom like the Devils did, there is only one place left to go and that is UP. I'm not sure if the Devils can do much else with what they have. I like the optimism that surrounds the return of Zajac, but I don't think he is going to be the Super-Bandaid to fix this problem. Afterall, he can't skate for 60 minutes or should I say 65 given the track record for OT/shootouts.