GDT: Devils @ Wild. 8:00 pm EST

Devil Fan

That's an insult to the dead chicken.

Lou better summon Lemaire down from his cottage and babysit Kovalchoke. The only way he's not going to outstupid himself is with Lemaire glued to his ear.

Yep, couldn't have said it better. He might not have scored the goals, but you don't give the other team 3 great chances. The facts are he does it all the time. At least once a game and hasn't learned since last year. How?

Maybe we can trade Kovalchuk in five years for a six round pick like poor Al Montoya!

Never. This team plays dumb hockey. Kovy shouldn't be on the RW. He shouldn't be on the point on the PP (that never scores anyway). The defense shouldn't be a rag-tag group of losers that don't get the puck out of the zone.

Nothing makes sense. The turnovers. The lines. The Power Play. It's all terrible and yet we continue to do the same sh!t and beat our heads into the wall.

Put me down for all of this too.

This whole mess is squarely on LOU LAMORIELLO, as much as no one in this entire fanbase wants to believe or accept that. The guy lost his fastball during the lockout and has made sh!t decision after sh!t decision since, keeping us locked in salary cap jail every step of the way.

But no, Lou is an institution, so we can't fire the guy who assembled this piece of sh!t roster in the first place.

I just watched replays on the NHL Network and I still don't get how Marty didn't save AT LEAST one of those first three goals. If he just makes one save then it's a completely different game. I mean he literally could not have played worse tonight.

Are you serious? Wow dude, L2WATCH.

This is just poor decision making by the front office. We had Parise, we didn't need Kovalchuk, but the bad decisions just keep coming. We could see this disaster coming amile away in the summer when Lou signed Boulton AND Janssen/ We could have taken a chance on Josh Harding for that kind of cash.

man i got banned from HF devs board for blaming Lou square id say since he got into the HOF and weve shed some pretty capable Dmen

and i take the pro jamie angle too he could pass the puck on the tape

too many divas including lou, room for one is doable but i just think he got HOF and turned his head away for a moment and ALSO

blocking shots? whats that? standing up for your goalie huh? since Parise lost his two front teeth ive had a hard time with this team, nobody retaliated on that, since the rock, but an offspeed redirect on a screen after a give away= not marty so stuff it.

We can all agree Kovalchuk has not been playing good, but you can't pin every loss solely on him. This entire team is a giant clusterfvck right now.

No, just two of the last three :rolleyes:

The team played well in the last two periods I thought, they just got foiled by a white-hot Harding and more Kovy hi-jinks.

But no, Lou is an institution, so we can't fire the guy who assembled this piece of sh!t roster in the first place.

Lou's gone anyway if this team doesn't make the playoffs again, one way or the other. There's no way he could have seen Kovy would become this much of a disaster.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Lou's gone anyway if this team doesn't make the playoffs again, one way or the other. There's no way he could have seen Kovy would become this much of a disaster.

Kovy is not the problem. The fact that our defensemen can't break out of a wet paper bag is the problem.

• Like 1

Yeah I understand being frustrated over Kovy but the scapegoating for the real issues by some is ridiculous and shows you either don't watch games or you don't know much about what you're seeing.. Our D is a major issue as well as 2 top centers being out and some bad breaks..

Learn from last season and don't overreact.. This team is underperforming now but things always even out in hockey during an 82 game season.. You have to look at the big picture and realize that cold streaks happen to every team every season

• Like 1

fvcking Kovy man. His mistakes are starting to happen every game and its starting to cost us every time. I dont know what the hell is going on over there.

For once I dont see it being a coaching problem....I see it being a team problem. Its completely disappointing. I thought last year how much worse could it get? Its only up hill from here. Negative.

We need a complete overhaul. I dont even know where to begin.

Yeah I understand being frustrated over Kovy but the scapegoating for the real issues by some is ridiculous and shows you either don't watch games or you don't know much about what you're seeing.. Our D is a major issue as well as 2 top centers being out and some bad breaks..

Learn from last season and don't overreact.. This team is underperforming now but things always even out in hockey during an 82 game season.. You have to look at the big picture and realize that cold streaks happen to every team every season

Yeah, but that was last season and us going on a long streak to climb the standings again is a million to one shot. Lightning won't strike twice.

Kovalchuk was better tonight but as i said.... LW he will be much better!

Stop blaming him... Our defensive really suck (except Larsson )

Larsson makes couple of mistake but he is young and he make less mistake then veteran like Salvador and Greene

Tedenby, Clarkson, Zubs, Elias, Syks, Henrique. The rest of them can go fly a kite.

Things are starting to get a little crazy in here. It sounds like some people who could use a win or 5. I'm hearing "trade kovy for nothing" this, and "there's no hope left for this team" that. I thought we played pretty well tonight, but didn't get good breaks and didn't finish on two or three great chances that could have flipped this result. This season as whole has not looked particularly good, but we have looked good for parts (must have to be at .500 now with the crappy losses lately). Why bail now?

Yeah, but that was last season and us going on a long streak to climb the standings again is a million to one shot. Lightning won't strike twice.

A team that played that badly doing a 180 and winning all those games really was lightning striking. This team just needs a good winning streak (with decent play otherwise) to make the playoffs. Can yah skip the theatrics about this team facing an insurmountable task at this point?

Things are starting to get a little crazy in here. It sounds like some people who could use a win or 5. I'm hearing "trade kovy for nothing" this, and "there's no hope left for this team" that. I thought we played pretty well tonight, but didn't get good breaks and didn't finish on two or three great chances that could have flipped this result. This season as whole has not looked particularly good, but we have looked good for parts (must have to be at .500 now with the crappy losses lately). Why bail now?

A team that played that badly doing a 180 and winning all those games really was lightning striking. This team just needs a good winning streak (with decent play otherwise) to make the playoffs. Can yah skip the theatrics about this team facing an insurmountable task at this point?

With the Pens, PHI, NYR, TOR, FLA, BOS all playing exceptionally well the odds on making the playoffs will become insurmountable quicker than you think.

Deboer on Kovalchuk:

“I thought he was very good,” DeBoer said of Kovalchuk. “You guys the see the mistake that ends up in the net, but him and Zach were the best players on either team tonight.”

NO!

DeBoer's acting like a weenie basically because he has to in this case. Coaches just don't win spats with star players, especially coaches with no track record. And there was more than one mistake, both ones that wound up in the net and one in particular that didn't (at the end of the second period) :P

It would be nice if DeBoer actually got him off the point and RW...I didn't realize it said in Kovy's contract he had to do both.