Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jagknife

Pronger out with PCS

44 posts in this topic

I cannot stand him as a player but if given the choice, I'd rather see him

healthy and the Golden Girl out

Further evidence that karma does, in fact, exist.

I feel no pity for this guy.

(and in saying that, I'm pretty sure I've got some uber negative karma coming my way now..doh)

Good point.. When the hell is Giroux going to get injured? It's pissing me off

Geez that contract looks ten times worse than it did now.

Yeah it'll be a killer for them when he retires due to injury and his cap hit remains because of the 35+ rule.. Sounds good to me :cheers:

Colin: they'll bury him in the ahl before it gets too bad

They can't it's an over 35 deal. They can ir him if injuries prevent him from playing ala mike rathje

He's out with PMS? I can believe that.

They can't it's an over 35 deal. They can ir him if injuries prevent him from playing ala mike rathje

Good call sarge. Isn't that cap circumvention in a way though? I could also see him retiring, but idk if he's gonna wanna leave millions on the table

Good call sarge. Isn't that cap circumvention in a way though? I could also see him retiring, but idk if he's gonna wanna leave millions on the table

I believe the 35+ rule stays in effect even if the player retires.. So technically you could screw over a team on purpose by signing and then retiring.. It feels like a while since we had Rolston on the team and had to discuss this rule :giggle:

I believe the 35+ rule stays in effect even if the player retires.. So technically you could screw over a team on purpose by signing and then retiring.. It feels like a while since we had Rolston on the team and had to discuss this rule :giggle:

Ugh, don't miss the 'what the hell are we going to do with Rolston' discussions one bit

If Pronger has injury it doesn't count technically, they can go into LTIR.

Not on LTIR, but if he does have to retire early, that'd screw the Flyers. And I don't think they'll let him stay on LTIR for multiple years before someone calls shenanigans.

Putting the contract/cap situation aside, the Flyers are nowhere near as good of a team without Pronger as they are with him in their lineup. He brings toughness that they don't have anywhere else on their D, and they are much easier to play against for teams like the Devils (he always seems to own us, and easily shuts down Parise) without him in the lineup. From a competitive standpoint, this is good news for the Devils.

Ironic with how many concussions he gave with dirty hits. Man was a a skating elbow machine

A little off topic, whatever happened to the luongo contract "investigation"?

all of the contract investigations were closed when the current kovalchuk contract was accepted.

I cannot stand him as a player but if given the choice, I'd rather see him

healthy and the Golden Girl out

That is stupid.

Crosby is good for the game.

Pronger is a piece of sh!t

Karma's a bitch.

Wow, Giroux out for any extended period of time would be catastrophic. He makes their top line/pp go

Wow, Giroux out for any extended period of time would be catastrophic. He makes their top line/pp go

I highly doubt he misses extended time. I saw the play, it didn't look that bad.

I highly doubt he misses extended time. I saw the play, it didn't look that bad.

you never know with these head injuries

i dont get pronger has a concusion from the stick in his eye?

the giroux was a heavy shot but it goes to show how these head injuries are still unknown when some goalies are getting them from pucks off the mask it seems pretty random a heavy flat hit can look bad but a precise elbow can be devastating.

phvck the phlyers

i have had a head injury, not a joke so i know a few things about this ive seen many a nuero and still cant tell what it is that they do...do

and so i follow all the head injury guys like hiller from the ducks and ofcourse salvador these are real injuries for real men

Edited by lazer