Thanks Guys

Elias Sports Bureau

It was such a strange year. But there are some great highlights that I won't soon forget.

Being at CAA for Game 3 was absolutely astonishing for me, having never been there for a playoff game and having not seen a playoff win at the one game I did go to.

Having three starters voted to the All-Star Game was amazing. And then getting to still have three after Stevens couldn't go was very special.

The EGG line made life very exciting. They pull you out of your seats, at games and at home.

Niedermayer's run for Norris and his wonderful job of on-the-job learning as captain mean so much.

Yay to Turner, it's great to see him have a career year.

I'm absolutely over the moon with our young D. Can't wait to see Martin and Hale and Giroux again real soon.

Drafting and then signing Zach -- and following his exploits this year, PARTICULARLY at worlds.

And personally, my nephew's first game and Marsh waving and winking at him at it was just the best. I had great fun with K-Girl at our two games in March, esp. Marty's 400th.

Funny that less than an hour later, this is already what I'm taking with me.

So now I guess we hope that some of our guys get on to the worlds rosters. I'm dreading Brows playing with Gomez and Gionta, but I'd love to see some Sykias outta the Czech Republic.

I'd still rather be a fan of this team than anyone else. I'm proud of them and their effort.

That's it... for now... Everyone add your season highlights!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My highlights are every time they stepped onto the ice. I'm going to miss that and patiently wait until it happens again. Others include the Jennings, giving the Flyers a run for the Atlantic until the last game.

This team always gives me a reason to cheer! LETS GO DEVILS! :clap::clap::clap:

I'd still rather be a fan of this team than anyone else. I'm proud of them and their effort.

Thanks ESB. Didn't think I could smile today. I feel bit better after reading that. hug.gif

My season highlights:

- #1 I GOT TO A GAME AT CAA!!!! BANNER NIGHT TOO! Met lots of great people - including ESB and CRASHER.

- #2 Got Friesen to sign my picture of his goal vs Lalime. My boss has offered me $50 to take it down off the wall.

- #3 HEARING ABOUT OUR NEW KICK-ASS OWNER WHO WILL BE KEEPING THE TEAM IN JERSEY FOR A LONG TIME COMING

- #4 While it sucked that I left work early because I wanted to see Canada be given their gold medals at the World Juniors, at least I did see Zach Parise pick up the MVP honours.

- #5 (and almost best, can't top #1) Finding this site!!

Edited by Don Whiting

My highlites are as follows:

Having NHL Center Ice to watch my beloved Devils play...I missed 2 games all year (due to work)!

Watching a team that never gets much respect by the media pull together after the loss of one of the best defensemen in the league and Captain and put a 100 pt season together.

Watching Neids step up and take control of this team while putting in tons of ice time...the guy is a beast!

Watching my 7 year old son develope a passion for hockey and his beloved Devils...he was fighting back tears today; it's tough to watch your team lose when you are that age.

I can't wait till next season.

Thank you Devils, thank you Lou, and thank you to all of the posters on this board...coming here is a pleasure.

Thanks ESB. Didn't think I could smile today. I feel bit better after reading that. hug.gif

My season highlights:

- #1 I GOT TO A GAME AT CAA!!!! BANNER NIGHT TOO! Met lots of great people - including ESB and CRASHER.

- #2 Got Friesen to sign my picture of his goal vs Lalime. My boss has offered me $50 to take it down off the wall.

- #3 HEARING ABOUT OUR NEW KICK-ASS OWNER WHO WILL BE KEEPING THE TEAM IN JERSEY FOR A LONG TIME COMING

- #4 While it sucked that I left work early because I wanted to see Canada be given their gold medals at the World Juniors, at least I did see Zach Parise pick up the MVP honours.

- #5 (and almost best, can't top #1) Finding this site!!

Don you're absolutely welcome!!!

Me and my sis LOVE CAA... I understand why it gets all the complaints but we love it more than the Garden and more than any of the new-fangled arenas. When i see that coming over the Turnpike horizon my heart beats twice as fast.

Long live the Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My personal highlights --

- the home opener, watching the banner raise and seeing Sarge tie the game with no time on the lock

- my trip to Montreal, although Theodore outclassed Brodeur, just being in the Bell Centre to enjoy hockey the way it was meant to be enjoyed was huge

- The Super Skills competition where Niedermayer won the fastest skater competition

- Rob Skrlac's NHL debut

- Watching two rookie blueliners emerge as potential stars in the NHL

- The emergance of the EGG line, Patrik Elias/Scott Gomez unbelieveable tear after the All-Star break

- Demolishing the Rangers :)

- The trade deadline, although we did not pick anyone up, it was a great day nonetheless

- News of Newark becoming the new home of our New Jersey Devils :D

- Watching each and every one of Martin Brodeur's shutouts

- the DFC Dinner, interviewing Scott Clemmensen..

- ...watching Scotty's first career win AND SO in the same game :)

- Kozzie's ONE good game as a Devil as the (ex-)defending Champs demolished the Penguins

- meeting sheeps at Banner night, also getting to see Hasan again :) , meeting up with Sarge again as well

...I could go on.

Wow, ESB, this was a great idea -- I actually feel really good about the team now. Thanks :)

Good post, Paige. :)

My highlights:

Still winning the Jennings without Stevens for half the season

Nieds' Norris worthy season :wub:

Marty's 400th

Being able to go to Ottawa and catch a Devils game there, which they won in the last minute

Going to 10 other games

Me and my sign about the Devils' All-Stars getting on TV and then having Brodeur wink when he saw it

The 3 All-Stars

Still getting 100 points when Stevens wasn't playing for half the season

Drafting and signing Parise

Getting a new owner that seems to really, genuinely care about the team and hockey

There might be more that I'm forgetting. As always, I just enjoyed the season because watching them makes me happy, no matter what.

Now I'll be looking forward to seeing at least Niedermayer and Brodeur when I got to two World Cup games in Montreal. :D

Thankyou New Jersey Devils for another Successful Season.

Thankyou fun times like Checking scores,reading game Recaps,reading NHL News, and just talking to Devs fans in the Devils Forums. This year has been an enjoyable time! :) I'll never forget these times..

LETS GO DEVILS FOR 2005!!!!!!!

Thats if there is season ofcourse :pray:

Me and my sign about the Devils' All-Stars getting on TV and then having Brodeur wink when he saw it

:lol: That's cool IAC! ;)

Yeah, I was shocked as hell when Derek told me about it lol. I think I have good luck with that kinda stuff, last season my sign for Nieuwy's 500th goal got on TV too.

(maybe we should pin this)

How about Patrick Elias challenging for the Richard trophy... I don't think we've ever had such a pure goal scorer. And that quote last week where he said he wants to stay a Devil forever...

aaaaaaaaaaaaw this thread broguht a team to my eye :) :)

my moments were--

my first devils game EVER!!!!!!

the pictures i have from my first game ever!!

MY FIRST GAME EVER!!

ESB coming back

Nieds taking on role as captain

Everything the boys laid out on the ice

All the nice people that have found this board

and last of all..

MY FIRST DEVILS GAME EVER!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaw this thread broguht a team to my eye :) :)

my moments were--

my first devils game EVER!!!!!!

the pictures i have from my first game ever!!

MY FIRST GAME EVER!!

ESB coming back

Nieds taking on role as captain

Everything the boys laid out on the ice

All the nice people that have found this board

and last of all..

MY FIRST DEVILS GAME EVER!!!

Why didn't you include your first Devils game ever, girl??????

(Thanks for the special mention, very sweet.)

I LOOOOOOOOVE THIS TEAM. The hockey playoffs are a little dimmer and have less heart without us around. Everyone left will give pre-game interviews! That sucks!! ;)

- Brodeur hitting 10 shutouts before the All-Star Break

- Gomez finally putting up big numbers (tied the NHL for lead in assists -56)

- Elias finally putting up the big numbers we were used to with the A-line(6th in NHL with 81 points)

- 3 Devs in All Star Game

- 100pts

- New Arena

- 7th year for Rags and then watching them disintergrate

- Mariusz Czerkawski for a pretty good season POLSKA POWER

- Watching Kovelev cost his team a playoff win cause of his stupidity, then hearing Melrose say "Kovelev cost his team a game and that was great!" :clap:

- Went to a few games this year, I like went to all loses though :(

- Chicken tenders, though expensive, taste SO GOOD

My season highlights are as followed...

-Seeing the Devils twice this year and seeing them beat the Sens both times.

-Marty winning 400

-The Egg Line

-Albelin still going strong(And to think I hated him 3 years ago)

-Niedermayer playing great

-Getting to see the Devils win on TV and blow out teams like Atlanta, Piitsburgh, Columbus, St Louis and the Rangers.

-And of course knwoing that we were Cup Champions all year long.

devilchilli.gif Alright people! :) Much better! It will hurt for awhile but it goes away. ;)

Promise...btw...my hilites were opening night with my Godson...free game and dinner from Lou...no major surgeries, just a lot of little ones :dance:

oops...finding new restaurants with Zamode and M :clap: