puckrock

GDT: Devils @ Tampa Bay

251 posts in this topic

Glad to see we got the "W" ! Hopefully, we avenge our last performance in Sunrise. Beat that one-line-wonder of a team!

3 point night for Henrique, cant complain.

that trip was so obvious...ridic

amberite you know your stuff whats the stat odds on .500 teams streaking into the playoffs :boogie:

amberite you know your stuff whats the stat odds on .500 teams streaking into the playoffs :boogie:

Lol calm down man, who is to say we'll be .500 in March / April ? So many forget that it's only December - it's a marathon, not a sprint guys

Well considering that three years ago, Penguins went on to win the Cup after being a .500 team at the 40 game mark, I'd say pretty good.

Edited by Amberite

We were outshot pretty badly at even strength so I guess it's good to sneak out of TB with the win.

Proud of this team. I wish they would tighten it up a bit in the third, but the refs have been brutal almost every game where we have been trying to protect a lead late. Luckily, it didnt cost us this time or I would have been heated. A win against Florida will make me a happy camper all week.

I think most people said the goal was to be .500 until Zajac gets back. If he does indeed come back against the Stars on Friday, this win ensures a winning record without Zajac

Side note: if you've never listened to Phil Esposito on Lightning radio, give it a whirl.

He is like Chico x 2.

Henrique is now 1 point behind Elias from leading this team in points.

What a wonderful surprise he's been. (For me that is. :P ) Bet he likes it better up there, then down on 4th. :D

im enjoying the win and not that i want start whining...

but its the 3rd time we're getting fvcked by the ref late in the game, no call on an obvious hook on Volchenkov against Tampe, the obvious trip on Tallinder against Ottawa and this one on Elias... maybe there's other but those are sticking out to me

Side note: if you've never listened to Phil Esposito on Lightning radio, give it a whirl.

He is like Chico x 2.

He was Chico x 3 as a Rangers TV personality.

So, I noticed that a defenseman had an assist on every goal we scored tonight. So even though we blew the lead in the first and managed to let the game become close at the end of the 3rd, that fact makes me pretty happy with our defense.

Here is the statement/stat of the year so far. Per TG:

"Parise, Kovalchuk, Zubrus, Patrik Elias and David Clarkson are tied for the team lead with nine goals each."

As Norm McDonald would say, "Wait, what?"

Interesting that Henrique is on pace to have a better season than Hall last sason and hes having a better season this year too so far...

Seriously maybe someday they'll say... Well Hall was playing with Henrique! Haha

Keep it up boy...

Seriously with Henrique in the calder race and "maybe" Larsson... Plus Josefson and Teddy... It has to be encouraging for Zach to resign here... Its pretty obvious that if we'd be healthy that we'd have a great team with really good depth

Interesting that Henrique is on pace to have a better season than Hall last sason and hes having a better season this year too so far...

Seriously maybe someday they'll say... Well Hall was playing with Henrique! Haha

Keep it up boy...

Seriously with Henrique in the calder race and "maybe" Larsson... Plus Josefson and Teddy... It has to be encouraging for Zach to resign here... Its pretty obvious that if we'd be healthy that we'd have a great team with really good depth

this is seriously my thought exactly. im always thinking of reasons that could make Zach stay

Too bad he didn't get a shot earlier in the season.

Too bad he didn't get a shot earlier in the season maybe he could give RNH a run for his money.

Damn Stan Fischler ...

“I thought going into the third even though we were up three goals, it didn’t seem like it was going to be an easy ride,” said goaltender Johan Hedberg, who finished with 32 saves “We did it to Ottawa the other night. We came back from three down. It is a tricky lead to have. You might relax a little bit and you think you’re safe. All the sudden, they get one and they get jump. Then, maybe they get a power play, like they did tonight, and they get two. All the sudden they’re right back in it.”

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/devils_break_out_offensively_but_still_struggle_playing_with_the_lead/

The announcers sounded so enthusiastic when we scored last night :rolleyes:

That would be due to the fact that the PBP man for VERSUS last night is actually the PBP man for the Tampa Bay Lightning. There would obviously be some bias there.

"Ah, f-ck! The Devils scored again! Son of a bitch! This...this is no good. This is no good at all. You a--holes got lucky, man! You hear me? LUCKY! F-CK YOU, DEVILS!"

"Ah, f-ck! The Devils scored again! Son of a bitch! This...this is no good. This is no good at all. You a--holes got lucky, man! You hear me? LUCKY! F-CK YOU, DEVILS!"

:rofl: