Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iamtheprodigy

Bob McKenzie's article on Jon Merrill

10 posts in this topic

Well whatever happened seems to be intensely personal to whomever it affected. Lets hope the WJC sets him firmly back to respectability.

Solid article as usual by McKenzie. I found this information interesting since its the first place I've seen it reported:

While no one is prepared to publicly specify the nature of the "violations," it is common knowledge within the NHL community that Merrill has been dealing with some off-ice issues. And, in fact, one of the violations occurred while he was already under suspension (during the first 12 games) for a prior violation. The secondary violation is apparently the reason he's still not being permitted, for now, to play any games for Michigan.

That explains the indefinite suspension. Whatever issues he is dealing with, I hope he gets through them for his own well being.

Jeez, I really wonder what the story is with this kid. Seems like he really needs to get his act together fast.

i heard he's actually the real Batman... and that's its taking his focus away from the game

But he is the hero we need now.

Based on what I read, I would assume it has to do with drugs. Once again, this is only an assumption.

I'm thinking that could be it too. I'm not too worried at all. Anything he is doing is probably not out of the ordinary of any professional athlete or even college athlete. There are just very strict rules in college and when playing at Michigan. Hopefully the suspension will smarten him up or scare him straight so there are no issues once he comes to the Devils.

Edited by devilsrule33

Based on what I read, I would assume it has to do with drugs. Once again, this is only an assumption.

yeah i think i saw somewhere that it was about underage drinking... but what do i know

as long he's not pulling a Theo Fleury in his career in NJ its all good, get ur sh!t together son

Merrill was just been selected for the 2012 U.S. National Junior Team Final roster, it was announced this morning.

NJ.com