End of season clean-up....

CRASHER

This would be "just another draft" without all the quirks, holdups, drama and panic buttons it gets from being on a two week timer....I'd fight that to the end to keep it on the forum!!

This would be "just another draft" without all the quirks, holdups, drama and panic buttons it gets from being on a two week timer....I'd fight that to the end to keep it on the forum!!

A-ha! Exactly! Keep it on the forum and NOT in your WWE den of corruption!! soapbox.gif

Im against a PPR league, because Im already in one and i want variation in my 2 Leagues :P

Even though Value was joking, an IDP league would be cool.

On principal i'm going to name my team after both The Miz AND Zack Ryder this year just to spite him :P

Im on the fence about ROokie round, I dont care either way.

About keepers, I was already under the assumption it was the round they were drafted, so thats my opinion on that.

Im against bonuses (at least at 100 yards rushing...SO many people get that on a weekly basis. If theres going ot be a bonus make it 150 for both rushing and reciving)

Edited by VivaLaFlamme

(at least at 100 yards rushing...SO many people get that on a weekly basis)

Just a fun fact on this....19 WR's went over 1,000 yards receiving..... 14 RB's went over 1,000 yards rushing, only ONE RB went over 1,600 yards (barely) who is the only one who averaged said 100 yards a week B )

Calvin Johnson averaged 105 yards a game..... Victor Cruz and Wes Welker were in the high 90s a game....maybe you should be worried about 100 yard WRs :lol:

Side note: just finished watching Season two of "The League" on Netflix streaming. A must watch for fantasy football league participants.

Season 3 was alright... the fantasy talk makes slightly more sense, but I felt like it lost steam near the end.

I was joking about a live in-person draft.

I like the distinct pace of our draft, sans the offline draft portion where you see nothing for a day, and then have 8 picks unloaded at the same time.

• 5 months later...

Fantasy Football is open on yahoo, oh my :D

Is it August yet?

Geesh.....I'm just barely STARTING to turn to football now....though I've been watching the NFL Network all morning for the last two weeks....I'll have to re-activate the league again soon....

CMON PRE-DRAFT DRAMA!!

Here's an argument. Manning, the 15th round keeper... I'm more likely to roll the dice now.

It's gonna be an epic draft year.

yup.

Brady rule should apply. dontknow.gif

I remember. Commish refused to make a ruling since it wasn't specifically addressed in the prior off season. whistling.gif

Well it was pretty unusual since usually players get put on IR when they're out for an extended period and are clearly out for the season (although I got screwed on that with Romo two years ago). I think once a player plays his last game, the keeper value should freeze at that point - even if it's not obvious at the time it was his last game. That avoids vulturing injured players to get benefits for next year.

But yeah this better be made an actual vote now before something happens that's similar this year. It's already affecting this season because we didn't vote on it last year.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I remember. Commish refused to make a ruling since it wasn't specifically addressed in the prior off season. whistling.gif

Yeup....there was no vote and NO NEED to make a ruling on something that didn't matter till August......

Well it was pretty unusual since usually players get put on IR when they're out for an extended period and are clearly out for the season (although I got screwed on that with Romo two years ago). I think once a player plays his last game, the keeper value should freeze at that point - even if it's not obvious at the time it was his last game. That avoids vulturing injured players to get benefits for next year.

But yeah this better be made an actual vote now before something happens that's similar this year. It's already affecting this season because we didn't vote on it last year.

It technically hasn't since the draft hasn't been worked on yet, and such vote can be factored in before we do such stuff, I have too much sh!t going on at once to worry 6-8 months before something need be acted on....things will move into action sooner then later now.....

Yeup....there was no vote and NO NEED to make a ruling on something that didn't matter till August......

It 100% mattered then. I had to waste a roster spot on him to prevent someone else from picking him up and getting him for a 15th. I didn't want to have claim on him if he did come back... I wanted him declared as un-keepable - or to retain his original round value. All fair ideas were shot down.

In the end, I had to drop him, and the picked him back up when I could not win the season but still had games left. The Colts official line was he would not be IR'd with the slightest possibility of playing again that season - even then.

So if he wasn't IR'd... and the commish couldn't be bothered to make an obvious special circumstances exemption... (Brady Rule part 2)... I fail to see how this is any different than picking up rookies at the end of the year for next season.

My roster was legal in 2011 with Manning on it... his value is dictated as a 15th by 2011 rules. I fail to see with the above how it could be ruled any other way.

He's just going to get injured and IR'd anyway :P

While I agree it should have been decided then, in his defense I believe he did leave open the possibility of it being changed in the offseason at the time. So yeah, you were in between a rock and a hard place, but it was public knowledge the rule could be amended retroactively.

Can we start arguing yet?

:rofl:

As for the draft format, I do like it...I don't really understand why the time thing is so annoying, I find it cool that every day or so you will have a draft decision to make: What is the rush? Hot date or something? Where is the fire? Slow down and embrace the pace!

As for PPR or whatever rules want to be implemented, I am ok with...the 350+ passing is ok, but given Goodell is wussifying the league and catering to the QB, is 400 more applicable?

While I agree it should have been decided then, in his defense I believe he did leave open the possibility of it being changed in the offseason at the time. So yeah, you were in between a rock and a hard place, but it was public knowledge the rule could be amended retroactively.

So in other words this would be a WONDERFUL time to bring it up and discuss it properly :)

it was a non-issue mid-season because it only affected the upcoming draft I had said this and stated it as why I wasn't making a ruling on something that should be VOTED anyway.....

No, it definitely affected roster composition midseason since people had to make a choice whether they wanted to use a spot on Manning and other injured non-IR players without any real indication whether the keeper rule would be amended for those kind of situations this year.

• Like 1

No, it definitely affected roster composition midseason since people had to make a choice whether they wanted to use a spot on Manning and other injured non-IR players without any real indication whether the keeper rule would be amended for those kind of situations this year.

Is that any different then gambling on any other player at that point? What if he had come back? And if he had been useful when he came back? Either way...it's a gamble, this one didn't happen to work out that's all

(PS, instead of complaining about something from last October....this might be a WONDERFUL time to present some items to vote on instead for THIS season :koolaid::evil:)

Is that any different then gambling on any other player at that point? What if he had come back? And if he had been useful when he came back? Either way...it's a gamble, this one didn't happen to work out that's all

You just made my case Crasher. If he was available for anyone to pick up and "gamble on"... he is still an active player. He follows the keeper rules for active players. He wasn't an IR pickup.

He's a 15th round keeper.